cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family plan

katrina1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am wondering if Public Mobile offers a family plan for couples. Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@katrina1, I have not encountered any family plans offering better deal than Public Mobile. If you know of any, please share.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Share plans are baked into the pricing of the big three mainline brands. They are generally only economical if you have more than two family members or have more than one device of your own where you pay a bare minimum for the second phone.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tony8  the only issue eith Hotspot ting it it can drain the battery of wife's phone, and since you phone is on wifi the os might want to do updates etc, as it does not realize you are Hotspoting. 

liuxinbing

@Tony8 wrote:

Hi, My wife and I  have 2 plans with Public Mobile.

I have the great deal $15 plan (100minTalk/Unlimited incoming min/UnlimitedText/250MbData), and she has the big Data $40 Plan (UnlimitedTalk/Text/5GbData).

We share the 5Gb of  Data via a hotspot from her phone if needed.

That might work for you.

Great idea.

Tony8

Hi, My wife and I  have 2 plans with Public Mobile.

I have the great deal $15 plan (100minTalk/Unlimited incoming min/UnlimitedText/250MbData), and she has the big Data $40 Plan (UnlimitedTalk/Text/5GbData).

We share the 5Gb of  Data via a hotspot from her phone if needed.

That might work for you.

liuxinbing

Double PM plans are better than those so called "family plans"

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not offer family plans as other people have mentioned.  PM has competitively priced plans.  You can also build your own plan to suit your needs.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

mimmo

@katrina1great to see you asking questions,  as stated above 1 account 1 sim.  This question comes up often enough.  you will simly need to compare teh cost of two plans with PM vs a 2 person family plan.  

If i recall PM typically is cheaper compared to the big 3, and you dont need to worry about how much data your family member uses.  

There are some disadvantages with PM, including lack of roaming outside USA, limited long distance calling options, some technical issues (read these  forums)  but you will fine many happy customers here who are saving lots compared to the top teir brands. 

Also note the 3g data that is offered is actually LTE data which has been limited to 3mbs.  which is fast enough for most peoples needs.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@katrina1 PM's plans are quite good price. Don't need a family plan!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@katrina1 wrote:

Hi there,

I am wondering if Public Mobile offers a family plan for couples. Thanks!

@katrina1  By family plan if you mean sharing minutes and data the answer is no. Public Mobile only offer one plan per account so you would need to create two seperate accounts with two seperate emails. Most plans offer unlimited canada wide calling and international texts so sharing is not needed. As for data you just need to pick a plan that will  meet you data needs.

Hope this helps.

Tony8

Hi, No, sorry only 1 SIM card per account, and a separate email address. 

SD08

@katrina1 

PM does not have family plans. Here, it's one phone number per account. However, you can use one account to refer other accounts, for $1 off per 30 days per referral on the first account.  The accounts that are referred will get a one-time $10 credit.  More about referral (and other) rewards here.

Need Help? Let's chat.