cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Information from Public Mobile Sales Rep

ML1224
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I signed  myself and two other family members up at Walmart (Barrie South) a few days ago.  I asked about getting the Refer a Friend discount for my two kids, and the Sales Rep told me that I could do that later from home.

I registered my account online, but the information online says that I had to apply for the Refer a Friend at the time of account activation (which Walmart did at the store).

How can I get the Refer a Friend discount, given that Public Mobile's Sales Rep provided false information?

7 REPLIES 7

@darlicious wrote:

This seems to be another case of pm and/or the retailer not giving their staff adequate information about public mobile's plans, rewards, referral codes, promo codes etc...resulting in mistakes that either cost the customer or creates numerous tickets/issues the moderators have to deal with after the fact. I have noticed both in my own experience and within the community that unless you are dealing with a pm kiosk with employees paid and trained by pm or a small business retailer passionate about their business and clientele in store activations are far to often messed up by employees doing the activations.  An in store activation should be a quick and seamless by a paid professional. The online "at home" activation can be intimidating for a new customer especially one with limited computer skills and does require some community help, research and a whole lot of patience to hopefully get a successful activation on the first try. By educating larger retailers on how to train their employees better on the pm product will attract more customers not as easily convinced to switch providers just by saving money. Public mobile is paying for their service to be sold in these retailers they should expect the retailers to do a better job when they sell it to the consumer.

Hi @darlicious 

I have seen tonight screenshot of somebody who just registered and they don't have the referral code assigned to their account (at least yet, which is probably not supposed to happen but it did)

The same might have happened here, in that case there is nothing that the Walmart associate can do but to point them to customer support to try to add it afterwards. Alternative was to send them home to contact mods then come back to activate which would probably be after promo is long gone.

It's just the system is far from perfect and some people have to do extra steps that is all

This seems to be another case of pm and/or the retailer not giving their staff adequate information about public mobile's plans, rewards, referral codes, promo codes etc...resulting in mistakes that either cost the customer or creates numerous tickets/issues the moderators have to deal with after the fact. I have noticed both in my own experience and within the community that unless you are dealing with a pm kiosk with employees paid and trained by pm or a small business retailer passionate about their business and clientele in store activations are far to often messed up by employees doing the activations.  An in store activation should be a quick and seamless by a paid professional. The online "at home" activation can be intimidating for a new customer especially one with limited computer skills and does require some community help, research and a whole lot of patience to hopefully get a successful activation on the first try. By educating larger retailers on how to train their employees better on the pm product will attract more customers not as easily convinced to switch providers just by saving money. Public mobile is paying for their service to be sold in these retailers they should expect the retailers to do a better job when they sell it to the consumer.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It's up to you @ML1224 but you could ask the mods to refer one of you're accounts with your friend's referral code, then open the others with one of yours. They may or may not agree to that, but it's $2 more in your pocket per month if your friend won't mind.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You should consider creating a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST
Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

@ML1224 wrote:

Hello,

I signed  myself and two other family members up at Walmart (Barrie South) a few days ago.  I asked about getting the Refer a Friend discount for my two kids, and the Sales Rep told me that I could do that later from home.

I registered my account online, but the information online says that I had to apply for the Refer a Friend at the time of account activation (which Walmart did at the store).

How can I get the Refer a Friend discount, given that Public Mobile's Sales Rep provided false information?

Click on the chat button (floating question mark) and type in "open ticket" to contact Public Mobile.  Select the appropriate problem discriptions from the available options.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kselmak wrote:

@Please contact

@ML1224 think he means please contact

@CS_Agent 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Please contact the moderators about it give them this information as well as your and your children's account numbers. You may have to do it also from each of your child's accounts to confirm.

The best way to do this is through Simon, press the little question mark you see here

Need Help? Let's chat.