cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra referral Bonus

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Has anyone received a text that said, "hurry, refer a friend quickly to Public mobile, you will get a $20.00 credit to your account and your friend will receive a $10.00 credit. Just click this link to access this."

It was not sent from 611.

(edit)

Moderator team confirmed this is legit starting  May 14th 2020

Screenshot_20200514_150943.jpg

Sounds like it cant be true 

@CS_Agent 

37 REPLIES 37

@popping 

The best deal is if the referred new activation being able to refer someone else like a couple (husband/wife) or a family that has signed up for the second 30 days free promotion. The husband gets referred and activates the first 30 days on the $40/5gb plan then refers the wife to recieve the bonus $20 credit. After receiving both promotional credits he schedules a plan change on his next renewal to the $15 plan.The initial outlay $40+$4 sim=$44+12%tax($5.28 bc)=$49.28 ($7.04 p/m)

The math:$10(referral credit)+$40(plan credit)+$4(autopay)+$20(bonus referral credit)+$1 (referral reward)=$75-$15=$60(month 2)+$3(autopay+referral reward)=$63-$15=$48(month 3) +3=$51-$15 =$36(month 4)+$3=$39-$15=$24(month 5)+$3=$27-$15=$12(month 6) +3=$15-$15=$0(month 7)

Pay $49.28 for your plan and cheap CCS sim card and one referral you get 7 months of public mobile service for $7.04 a month.....theres your sales pitch for your first referral and bonus $20!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I forgot about the credit for the new account is locked in that account.

There is no extra cash to be made.  But the new account can be used by someone during quarantine.

@popping wrote:

Well, here how to make some extra cash during COVID isolation...

1.  Buy a $3.99 SIM card from https://canadiancellsupplies.com

2.  Refer yourself and activate a $15 plan

3.  Net gain = $20 as referrer + $10 as referee - $15 plan - $3.99 SIM = $11.01

Repeat step 1 - 3 as many time as you like.  Every time to do a self-referral from the new account, you make another $11.01

Give the newly activated $15 plan SIM card to your friend during COVID isolation

That net gain of $11.01 isn't really money made unless you were going to activate these extra accounts anyway, or if you're able to sell the extra plans/accounts.  Account credits aren't cash so they can't be used for anything but Public Mobile services. If you didn't need that extra accounts, this is more money spent. If you really do give the extra accounts to friends for free, sure, these accounts will gain extra credits, but you're not actually making extra cash.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I got this text today then afterwards they sent me text saying oops we forgot to tell you this is your unique referral code : XXXXXX

@popping wrote:

@Naepalm wrote:

@BearFBI you have to realize that some people do not really care about the referral considering they just moved from a plan that was 4 or 5x the price of their recent carrier. I think this is a way for PM to get those that have not referred anyone a little extra emphasis. 

Repeat step 1 - 3 as many time as you like.  Every time to do a self-referral from the new account, you make another $11.01

Give the newly activated $15 plan SIM card to your friend during COVID isolation

Honestly not following this math.  I see it as paying out $19 + tax to get a $20 credit.  What good is the $10 credit on the new line if you don't plan to use it or give it away?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

oh my goodness, this math and math formulas, hurts my brain. that's why I went into design. 

@popping Also note its a credit you are getting unless you seek the plan to someone for cash..LOL....and another side note you probably shouldn't be publicly talking about how to be a bad actor LOLOLZZZ

@popping that might be the most tedious 11.00 ever. But yea bad actors might do something like this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@Naepalm wrote:

@BearFBI you have to realize that some people do not really care about the referral considering they just moved from a plan that was 4 or 5x the price of their recent carrier. I think this is a way for PM to get those that have not referred anyone a little extra emphasis. 

I'm not sure I get this if you're just going to let it expire. Yes ok another phone line to use for 30 days but that's about it.

The way I see it is from the referrer side. Pay $15 + $4 = $19. Get $20 + $1 = $21. A whole 2 bucks gain. The new account and its $10 is kinda wasted so I wouldn't count that. Other than yes an account to use for 30 days and sure yeah buy 1000 minutes or 200MB to add to the 250MB.

But if you wanna make some money you'd have to do this a bunch of times. Are you really going to use a bunch of accounts?

popping

@brettster99 wrote:

@popping 

Was just checking the math.

$20 referral for yourself. $10 to the second account for a total of $30. 

Then - the cost of the plan of $15 brings that down to $15.

Then $15 - cost of sim which is $4.00 brings that to a total of

A $11.00 increase.

Sorry I was getting confused but now I get it now I typed it out makes sense

The $10 available fund in the new account can buy 1000 add-on minutes.  It will be valuable for someone use for a month during isolation.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping 

Was just checking the math.

$20 referral for yourself. $10 to the second account for a total of $30. 

Then - the cost of the plan of $15 brings that down to $15.

Then $15 - cost of sim which is $4.00 brings that to a total of

A $11.00 increase.

Sorry I was getting confused but now I get it now I typed it out makes sense

popping

Update: wrong info

brettster99

@popping 

But I’m also guessing that the benefit is you get the bonus money. But then you would need to cancel service after so you don’t get charged and then lose the $1 refer a friend but the one time referral credit gives the money back + some.

popping

@Naepalm wrote:

Update:  The $10 credit is locked in the new account.  There is no extra cash to be made.  But the new SIM is good for for someone during COVID quarantine.

Starshoot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I received such a message today. An extra $20 is great!

@BearFBI wrote:

@Naepalm What did i miss. I was off the forum for the whole day today. I never got any txt messages about this. If i were to refer someone now would they get the 20$ ?

You didn't miss much. This text message was sent out to customers who have never referred any one. Those who do take advantage of this offer will be limited to one $20 account credit. 

BearFBI

@Naepalm What did i miss. I was off the forum for the whole day today. I never got any txt messages about this. If i were to refer someone now would they get the 20$ ?

EDIT: I realized it was for your first refferal. Ive reffered 3 people already so it wouldn't apply to me.

@mpcdesign I received a private message from the moderators confirming it and also noticed they had recently changed it on the website. No announcement of course...LOL

@Naepalm, it might be that you have referred someone already? 

@Naepalm wrote:

My wife got it on her phone I didnt receive the message either, sounds like a scam. 

granted, I didn't get one, am still a virgin for referrals! 

brettster99

@hyT 

Could be possible 

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brettster99 wrote:

@hyT @Naepalm 

Then I don't know how I got it. I got my first referral yesterday. Yet I still got the text today

May be there is a lag time between your first referral being recorded by their system. At the time the promotion was already sent out based on the previous day's data?

brettster99

@hyT @Naepalm 

Then I don't know how I got it. I got my first referral yesterday. Yet I still got the text today

@gpixel correct.

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like the extra $20 is ONLY for your first referral. Since I have never referred anyone yet, I got the text. I clicked the link, it simply directed me to the explanation of the PM promotion on a page under Help Articles.

For the people who have referred at least one person already, you probably won't get the text. That's how I figure..

it's only for your first referral? I'm I reading it right? maybe that's why I didn't get the text? 

$20 that's a sweet deal!

shoops
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's on the website - starts today!  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

"Bring your first friend to Public Mobile between May 14 and May 31 and get a $20 bonus* on top of our usual awesome Refer A Friend Reward."

Actually my mother got it too from PM 5198 it's $20 offer for your first referral. Stay safe. 

brettster99

@Naepalm @gblackma @totalUser 

It's not a scam. I got this message just now too. The # is 519-8

Need Help? Let's chat.