cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earning Community Rewards before activating PM account

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Few days before activating my PM account, I participated in Community and earned some badges. I am new here; does budges earn you the rewards? If yes… then after activating my account, I don’t see any Community Rewards applyed! Can this be fixed?

Please, correct me if I’m wrong.

16 REPLIES 16

Phantom Badges (no date / time) often appear on profile more like a "you could have earned this"

I had never seen this scenario before but in the past people not on reward eligible plans or those on a reward eligible plan but with account suspended (non payment) did not get the rewards

Acekiller

good catch!

@computergeek541wrote:

Hi @LEGO

The badge becomes obvious as "fake" when you look and take notice that there is no date listed under that badge.  It should say "2 weeks ago" (or something similar) for a recent community reward badge or state an exact date.

I had not read that before posting... sorry for repeating!

Screenshot_20180302-004944~2-01.jpeg

Yes the badge shows for you @LEGO (and for you only), but note there is no date/time that goes with it, which means you never actually were awarded that badge. It did the same to me for some reason, I had many badges showing in my profile when I looked at it, but they were there without any good reason (at first, until I achieved whatever was needed and then the date/timeframe appeared).

Hi @LEGO

That badge doesn't show when other look at your profile.  I have no reason to doubt it's there when you look, but it's a phantom badge. It just isn't possible for you to have earned a community reward badge yet because February's haven't been given out yet.

But don't worry as I also have one of those phantom community reward badges.  For the longest time I've had one top 5% badge that I never earned. Now, I have a "fake" top 50% badge that I've never earned.   The badge becomes obvious as "fake" when you look and take notice that there is no date listed under that badge.  It should say "2 weeks ago" (or something similar) for a recent community reward badge or state an exact date.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@LEGOwrote:

Few days before activating my PM account, I participated in Community and earned some badges. I am new here; does budges earn you the rewards? If yes… then after activating my account, I don’t see any Community Rewards applyed! Can this be fixed?

Please, correct me if I’m wrong.

You are incorrect: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Reward/m-p/415#M5

"Who can earn Community Rewards?

Any customer who:

1. Is on a Rewards eligible plan

2. Has an active account in good standing"

Before you created an account you did not meet the necessary criteria.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LEGO

@NDesai Too late! ;-)))

@NDesai That "Knowledge Base Articles" link was very helpful. Thanks!

LEGO

@computergeek541 Here it is > Top 50% badgebadges.jpg

@computergeek541 Good catch!

@LEGOwrote:

I have received some badges (one of them "Top 50%") on last few days of February, but activated my PM account just today - March 1st.

That top 50% badge does not show in your list of earned badges.  In any event, it's not even possible for you to have earned a community award yet because February's community rewards have not been paid out yet. 

LEGO

I have received some badges (one of them "Top 50%") on last few days of February, but activated my PM account just today - March 1st.

matbasm

@LEGO, which specific badges did you earn.  If you had a community account at the end of January, for example, but no PM phone account, then I don't think (based on the rules) you would be awarded any of the badges that come with financial rewards, Namely the top .5%, 5%, 25%, or 50%.

So I'm not seeing how you could expect something transfered to your account.

Actually, If you had a community account for all of February, and only signed up for a PM account at the end of the month, you might acually be eligible for a reward for February.  however, those badges have not been given out yet.

There isn't anything to fix.  You wouldn't get any community rewards just for the badges that you've received.  The received 1 bravo, started 1 topic, gave 1 bravo are badges that are given to every new user when they start up and do any of those things.  Keep having discussions with others, ask questions, make comments, try to provide answers, and the number of badges will continue to grow.  The only badges that tell you if you've earned a community reward are the ones that says top 5%, top 25%, etc.

The community rewards are only awarded once per month and are based on your relative participation compared to other members here. Make sure that you have the same e-mail address that attached to your self-serve account also linked to your community account.  Community rewards are automatically paid out in the first third of each month.  Good luck.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Community Rewards are directly added to your PM self-serve account from having the same email on your community profile and self-serve account. Since you did not have the self-serve account, rewards were not applied. But you can try sending a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and an explanation. They might be able to give you the rewards you earned. 

EDIT: See below.

matbasm

@LEGO, the community rewards are handed out on a monthly basis.  Usually around the second week of the following month.  As long as your community account an PM account have the same email address, any rewards you earn from the community will carry over to the PM account.  Note that the rewards do not appear as credits at the time they are awarded.  They are only 'live' credits at the time of your next renewal.

You can read up about rewards here.

Hope that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.