cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Early renew payment issue

If I renew my plan early, are they going to deduct the autopay reward or any referral reward?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Early renew payment issue

@missorange  I don't think so,  those reward only apply once every 30 days 

Highlighted

Yes they actually will, I think community rewards will not but everything preloaded for the renewal should kick in. 

Highlighted

I got two different answers..

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

Highlighted

@missorange wrote:

I got two different answers..

Hi @missorange 

Here is the link to the discussion https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Reward-not-applied-to-if-renew-early/m-p/...

You may have to contact moderators if you don't receive it the next couple of days

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

This topic confuses me every time I read about it! I notice that I got the last (confused) word in the topic linked to above as well. 

New rewards credits other than community rewards show up right after a successful automatic renewal. Thus if one renews early online the credits are already there but I am assuming they don’t get moved up to the “Available Funds” area to be applied to the early renewal so you pay full price for the renewal. Is this part correct? But then the rewards that were sitting waiting for the regularly scheduled renewal disappear? Then either they come back after 24 hours to be available for the NEXT automatic renewal OR a moderator has to be contacted to reinstate them?

If I have all of this correct then the bottom line is that rewards are “lost” on the actual early renewal (which automatically corrects for the fact that the previous period was somewhat less than 30 days) since full price is paid then but no more is lost when the existing rewards are reinstated for the next renewal.

Just trying to understand this but probably made it even more confusing!

Terry

Highlighted
Oracle

This is the official FAQ on what happens with rewards for normal and early renewal/plan change.  If credits are not being applied per FAQ, then contact the moderator team for any required adjustments.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Here is the relevant point from the FAQ linked above by @will13am :

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

Highlighted

so it means I will pay the full price when do the early renew. the auto pay and other reward will disappear, after 24 hours, the auto pay and other reward will show to account again.