cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early renew payment issue

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If I renew my plan early, are they going to deduct the autopay reward or any referral reward?

14 REPLIES 14

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

So what you are saying is both times you did not get any rewards off of full payment for the early renewal. But you did get the rewards back that vanished from your account at the time of early renewal, one time automatically and once via the moderators?

Terry

For that one time that I automatically got the rewards, I cannot tell you if the rewards get deposited into your account prior to or after any such early renewal or immediate plan change has been completed, but that doesn't really make a difference. When proceeding with such a renewal or plan change, the customer is required to already have enough balance to cover the plan fee. This means that you will not receive any discount until the next renewal, but will get an extra discount next time. For me, this didn't matter because I already had enough of an account balance before deciding on the plan change.

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

So what you are saying is both times you did not get any rewards off of full payment for the early renewal. But you did get the rewards back that vanished from your account at the time of early renewal, one time automatically and once via the moderators?

Terry

Hmmm

The way i understand it 

There were 2 immediate plan changes

One had the reward amount applied to the account within 24 hours of the plan change, automatically.

The other one didn't so help of moderators was needed and they did it manually

@computergeek541 

Terry

@missorange wrote:

so it means I will pay the full price when do the early renew. the auto pay and other reward will disappear, after 24 hours, the auto pay and other reward will show to account again. 

I've done an early renewal or immediate plan change twice.  One time, I got tge rewards automatically, and the other, the moderators has to make a manual adjustment. If you don't get them, hold Public Mobile to the publisbed documentation that @will13am has provided a link for.

@missorange wrote:

so it means I will pay the full price when do the early renew. the auto pay and other reward will disappear, after 24 hours, the auto pay and other reward will show to account again. 

That does pretty much sums it up. I think the one thing to consider is how much are your rewards? How far thru your plan cycle are you? Essentially you are losing your rewards for the current cycle. Example: $2 autopay+$5 refer friends+$1 loyalty=$8 rewards If you are halfway thru your plan cycle you are essentially losing $4 in reward value as they will not be applied til your next renewal in 30 days. So if you have significant rewards and you are halfway thru or more of your cycle you lose more reward value than if you are only 7 days in and/or you have low rewards ($2 Auto pay only.)

missorange

Here is the relevant point from the FAQ linked above by @will13am :

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is the official FAQ on what happens with rewards for normal and early renewal/plan change.  If credits are not being applied per FAQ, then contact the moderator team for any required adjustments.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

This topic confuses me every time I read about it! I notice that I got the last (confused) word in the topic linked to above as well. 

New rewards credits other than community rewards show up right after a successful automatic renewal. Thus if one renews early online the credits are already there but I am assuming they don’t get moved up to the “Available Funds” area to be applied to the early renewal so you pay full price for the renewal. Is this part correct? But then the rewards that were sitting waiting for the regularly scheduled renewal disappear? Then either they come back after 24 hours to be available for the NEXT automatic renewal OR a moderator has to be contacted to reinstate them?

If I have all of this correct then the bottom line is that rewards are “lost” on the actual early renewal (which automatically corrects for the fact that the previous period was somewhat less than 30 days) since full price is paid then but no more is lost when the existing rewards are reinstated for the next renewal.

Just trying to understand this but probably made it even more confusing!

Terry

oglat

@missorange wrote:

I got two different answers..

Hi @missorange 

Here is the link to the discussion https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Reward-not-applied-to-if-renew-early/m-p/...

You may have to contact moderators if you don't receive it the next couple of days

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

missorange

I got two different answers..

oglat

Yes they actually will, I think community rewards will not but everything preloaded for the renewal should kick in. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@missorange  I don't think so,  those reward only apply once every 30 days 

Need Help? Let's chat.