cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do friend referral rewards update immediately?

adam_19w
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thinking of switching to Koodo but just want to crunch the numbers first.  If my referrals left (I have two) would it reflect that in my "my rewards" section immediately?  or after the next billing cycle?

11 REPLIES 11

@Korthwrote:

@will13am

Each subsequent wave of Koodo offers also causes ripples in the pool of customers that have already accepted earlier migration offers.  4GB isn't 5GB or 6GB.  Some received $100 credit or free Koodo SIM card or other incentives, some didn't, etc.

That alone imposes a limit to how many more of these offers Koodo can rollout.  There must be a point where the few remaining PM loyalists cost more to recruit than they're worth when balance against the costs of providing more to the larger group of newly-settled PM refugees.

The "loyalist" don't need any further incentives.  They are loyalists after all.

@will13am

Each subsequent wave of Koodo offers also causes ripples in the pool of customers that have already accepted earlier migration offers.  4GB isn't 5GB or 6GB.  Some received $100 credit or free Koodo SIM card or other incentives, some didn't, etc.

That alone imposes a limit to how many more of these offers Koodo can rollout.  There must be a point where the few remaining PM loyalists cost more to recruit than they're worth when balance against the costs of providing more to the larger group of newly-settled PM refugees.

@Wonder_whywrote:

@will13am might be round 6 happening 😄

Given the track record, I would not be one to dismiss another upgrade as we still have over a week to go.  I was early off the mark and signed up for the 5GB offer.  A couple of calls later, I am on the 6GB plan.  Nothing lost except the $100 referral.  TBH, that one is hard to get across all accounts.  The time window is too short to get everything done.  This is where I rely on the generosity of my referrals who are kind enough to share the prize with me for past and future assistance. 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am might be round 6 happening 😄

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry - wrong thread -deleted

@Wonder_whywrote:

@will13am well said Koodo my friends 👏  👍

Honestly, I am sick and tired of reading posts that say well I have $2 auto pay and $1 loyalty and soon it will be $2 loyalty.  Add a couple of referrals and it will cost me $6 extra to migrate.  While the arithmetic is indisputable, the evaluation is far over simplified.  We have to read the tea leaves and try to understand why Telus would improve the migration offer, not once but twice.  The desire to move the targeted customers out is fierce in spite of the price increase being deferred.  We can still stay and hope that in the future when the price increase comes back and it will a similar or perhaps even better migration offer will be given.  In my books hope is not a plan.  What is certain is that we have a very good migration offer today.  What is totally uncertain is that any offer would be given in the future if the bulk of the targeted customers have left.  Why placate to the few?  A bird in hand in hand is worth two in the bush.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am well said Koodo my friends 👏  👍

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I should add that the referral has to be in place at the time of renewal to obtain the reward.  For 90 day plans, what I have found is that you could obtain a referral anytime within a cycle even down to the last day before renewal and $3 will be earned on the next renewal.  On the other hand, the referral could be in place for 89 days a leave on the final day and no rewards are earned. 

For my own personal decision, accounts earning so little referrals have long been migrated to Koodo.  Accounts earning 10 times that are being moved as a gametime decision.  My referrals came here based on trust that my recommendation is a good one for them and not driven by my self interests.  Similarly when going to Koodo is a good recommendation, they are informed to consider doing so.  My referrals are slowly taking up the suggestion to leave.  I hope to drain myself of referrals here asap.  Because I have earned the trust of those who are leaving, what I lose here I gain back at Koodo.  The rewards at Koodo are much better at the moment.  Those who continue to harbor their referrals here are merely trying to satisfy self interest to the detriment of their referrals and ultimately themselves.  There's no better time to leave than now when referral reward at Koodo is $100 each.  Hope to see everybody on the other side...

Korth
Mayor / Maire

You receive a text message on your phone when a referral leaves PM.  I think it's safe to assume that billing rewards are adjusted at that time.

Your self-serve summarizes Rewards being applied for the current billing cycle.  And you'll receive text messages on your phone reminding you that payment is due within a few days if current funds+rewards won't be enough.

Double_J
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you are not a customer with PM you would need to open up your first account without a referral (unless you have a friend you can be referred by - this will save them a dollar a month).  On your second and third activation you can refer them to the first account you opened.  It will reflect automatically, but the dollar credit will be for the next month (not on the first payment - i.e. one month lag).  As long as you keep the lines the dollar will be deducted each month.

If you are already an existing number you can refer both lines to your number and you will have a $2 referral bonus sitting in your account which will be applied on the following month.  

Dont forget when you sign up and go for the automatic billing to save $2 that first month you will pay the full price.  The following month you will have an additional $2 deducation on top of the $2 month automatic payment.  You will also pay the taxes on top of that $2 in the first month.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

once they port out the referals are removed at the same time.

Need Help? Let's chat.