cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissapointed again.......no rewards

Loree
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I do not know why all users of PM are having problems lately, is like if we are not following every little detail with our accouts something awfully wrong would happen. For second time the first days of January I refer a friend and............surprise nothing yet. My question is WHY we must be checking everyday our accounts, having that awful fear that we cannot trust in those rewards our cellular provider award us for getting more customers for them? Can you please help me with this matter I would really appreciate an answer. Thank you in advance for your kindness.

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dlysh113 wrote:

I agree, we shouldn't have to keep checking especially when this is a community chat. It should be reliable especially when there already isn't customer service like other provider's and we have to look everything up ourselves.

I log in to my account in the first week of the month to see if I might have got a community reward. I glance at my balance. I glance at my rewards. Do some quick math to figure what my balance should be after the renewal. Then after the renewal I look to see if there weren't any surprises.

My renewal day is right around community reward time so it's a little messy for a few months. Then it should settle down to something more predictable.

Of course I agree that it should all work fine but sometimes life happens.

Dlysh113

I agree, we shouldn't have to keep checking especially when this is a community chat. It should be reliable especially when there already isn't customer service like other provider's and we have to look everything up ourselves.

Yes, not removing Oh and Zero and maybe 1 (one) and L, possibly Q as well was a mistake they shouldn't have made. My referal code is all letters until the number 4 and ending with an Oh. Thus anyone looking at it sees xxxx40, not xxxx4O(h). I had to quickly make certain to point this out every time I gave out my code and then cross my fingers. My wife's code is more straight forward so we've been using hers now.

AE_Collector

Fluidmax

@Loree wrote:

Hello I do not know why all users of PM are having problems lately, is like if we are not following every little detail with our accouts something awfully wrong would happen. For second time the first days of January I refer a friend and............surprise nothing yet. My question is WHY we must be checking everyday our accounts, having that awful fear that we cannot trust in those rewards our cellular provider award us for getting more customers for them? Can you please help me with this matter I would really appreciate an answer. Thank you in advance for your kindness.

The struggle for me when I signed up with someone else's referral code was to distinguish the 0 and O. I honest don’t know why PM choose to use those 2 in their referral codes. It is easily confused and one can’t tell which letter or number it is without comparing the 2 side by side especially on some screens/monitors.

Now a days when I give someone my code I specifically tell them which one is 0 and which one is O.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you receive a text message from PM? You should have received a notification that your code was successfully applied by a friend.

But all you have to do is log in to Self Serve and look at your rewards there. I find referral rewards (the $1 per month) show up there virtually instantly even though the new customers $10 credit AND any referring customer cash incentive promotions can take days and maybe even longer to arrive in accounts.

AE_Collector

Tony_Xu

Hi, just be patient. It took a while to get my rewards when referring friends. To be safe, make sure that your friends are using your code when switching to PM. You can always email or send message to @Moderator_Team

I too have done quite a few referrals and the text message, $1 credit as well as bonus referral credit offers have always arrived like clock work for me.

If you have been a Customer for quite awhile, say getting close to 1 year, you do know that referrals changed earlier last ear from the 10 digit phone number to a 6 digit code?

AE_Collector

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Loree wrote:

I never received any rewards, my friend use my referal code.....

Well, it HAS been mentioned above, by @dabr  , that sometimes people input the referral code incorrectly, such as inputting a "0"(zero), instead of an "O"(oh), or vice versa..... any chance something like that was done in this case? Personally, I've got what I THINK is a zero in my code, but I'm not COMPLETELY sure.... will have to take another look, or two or three.....

In addition to the zero/oh confusion, I believe there are other digits/numbers that can also be confused, ie: 5/S.   I also have either a zero or an oh as the last digit/number on my referral code, but haven't used it yet for a referral so haven't  had this issue crop up for me yet either:)

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is a common issue and it's best to contact a moderator. I did it today for this very issue. Other members have detailed how to contact the moderators.

@Loree wrote:

I never received any rewards, my friend use my referal code.....

Well, it HAS been mentioned above, by @dabr  , that sometimes people input the referral code incorrectly, such as inputting a "0"(zero), instead of an "O"(oh), or vice versa..... any chance something like that was done in this case? Personally, I've got what I THINK is a zero in my code, but I'm not COMPLETELY sure.... will have to take another look, or two or three.....

Loree

I never received any rewards, my friend use my referal code.....still waiting thanks everyone for your kind help.

Loree

Thank you for your help.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You don't have to check, you're supposed to get an sms from 100, if your friend tells you (s)he activated and you didn't receive that sms, then you check

And you don't have to worry too much, they always comr through, you will get it for sure, just have your friend contact moderates https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Loree wrote:

That's a bit frustrating for sure, but make sure your friend entered your referall code correctly.  There have been a few instances with some of the digits/letters getting confused ie: 0/O.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Loree   no one here has an answer.  to et your rewards adjusted you need to contact a PM mod via the Chatbot to submit a ticket.  

hopefully getting to the ticket is not too painful a process.  start with something like rewards not applied ans see where it leads you.

worst case type talk to mod

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

The person you referred. Do you know if they put your referral code in at signup?.

If they did not enter your referral code. They would have to contact moderators to inform them they were referred by you Simon.JPG

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did your friend use your code? Sometimes people forget to put it especially if they have to redo it.

Did you get sms about the activation?

Did they get $10 referral bonus? 

They will have to contact moderators by clicking the question mark and asking for human. They will need to provide your referral code to moderators

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You'll have to send a ticket to @CS_Agent to get this fixed. Better yet, if your friend did not receive their $10 credit, have them send the ticket and quote your referral code and a moderator will add it for you both.

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:
simon.PNG
Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data).
Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png
@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.
Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.
privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.