cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't want to hijack oracle announcement thread: Wording of Community rewards

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I was writing this post in  this thread but  didn't want to detract from the heartfelt messages to @srlawren but still wanted to raise a point of view.

@Brooke_C  I like the fact that you are asking for input on who should be the next oracle and I have no issue supporting any of the members  who have been mentioned in your announcement post.  My only issue is the wording for the rewards. 

The oracle level states "customers who show the highest degree of support over 12 months".  This to me implies that on a specific day each year the contributions of all members are ranked over the year and the top x are awarded the reward..  It is not based on nominations. 

For that matter it could even be  stated that being an oracle and the associated reward level could/should be two separate items.    The $10 reward is for past contributions and lasts a year.  Nowhere does it state that oracles need to be in that group.  It  could turn out the same but it goes contrary to to description of the reward that it should be open to all, not a closed group.

Since I am talking about community rewards the other rewards( 0.5%, 5%, 25%, and 50%) are  misleading (This was  brought up in the forums and to @Jeremy_M,  but I do not think any changes were made).  Often there will be more or fewer  rewards in one level than in what can be numerically calculated by using the  assoicated percentages, as such it would be better to replace the percentages with a symbol or colour.  

4 REPLIES 4

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mana wrote:

I wish all that complex wording could be simplied for a common person!

I agree. Very true. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

A little more transparency would be nice.  What actually happens doesn't seem to match well to the wording or any interpretation.  @Luddite, you have simply been on your own league, no further description required.

I wish all that complex wording could be simplied for a common person!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Correct. That is my interpretation of the Rewards wording too. Oracle is not a Rewards category as they are written. We're too special to be described! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.