cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't receive the one time $25 friend referral credit

DeathMammoth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I signed up for Public Mobile at my local Wal-mart and gave the employee my friends number in order to get the $25 refer a friend credit. I checked my account and I only recieved $10 instead. Did I do something wrong? I know my friends account is in good standings and my account is new but I followed all the right steps.

Thank you so much a head of time for anyone who helps! I hope that you all have a wonderful day!Account Info.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

@Zippy wrote:

I also did not get my $25 referal credit or my $10 credit.  The person that I got to sign up got his $10 and I did not, nor did I get the $25 referal and all of this took place Mar 24.  Would a moderator please help me receive both the $10 and the $25 that I am due.

These 2 promotions cannot be stacked on top of each other.

Furthermore, since you your friend got $10, this means that he activated in store.  You will get neither of these credits now.  You will get $1 per 30 days for referring him.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Zippy wrote:

I also did not get my $25 referal credit or my $10 credit.  The person that I got to sign up got his $10 and I did not, nor did I get the $25 referal and all of this took place Mar 24.  Would a moderator please help me receive both the $10 and the $25 that I am due.

Hi @Zippy, I replied to your other post, but the answer is the same, so I'm reposting it here...

The $25 referral credit is a time limited promotion for online activations only, not in-store.  If your friend entered your Public Mobile number correctly during online activation, you would have received a text message saying you've successfully referred a friend.  Then, within 72 hours you will both receive the $25 credit in your Available Funds. 

However, since your friend received a $10 referral credit, it means they activated their account in-store.  In this case, the referring account does not receive any initial credit.  You will receive a $1/30day friend reward, as long as your friend's line is active on Public Mobile; this $1/30day friend reward is also given for referrals when the account is activated online.

Everything appears to be correct on both your accounts.

Zippy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I activated one at walmart for my kid and got a free month, so $25 bucks value plus a free sim.

I had 2 spare sims at home I purchased over a year ago and activated them online and got the $25 activation credit for each of them and my son got $25 as the referral. So for two accounts it was $100 in total and because the two plans were $40 each it was a better deal than the free month.

Add 2 each autopay and $1 x2 per month for referrals and my son has over $70 credit on his $25 plan. He intends to keep giving referrals and plans to have no cell phone fees. Not bad for a 12 year old who had a little help from dad.

I love the rewards system, PM gets customers and we get bonuses, it's win win all the way for both parties.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DeathMammoth, the mistake made was using the Walmart option rather than one of the other retail partners.  Walmart agents are bad, all they care about is the commission.  Had the agent mentioned about online activation, they would have lost their commission for signing up a new account at the store.  Your loss is their gain. 

Carld123

@DeathMammoth

You must have not noticed...

Screenshot_2018-11-28-09-13-13.png

DeathMammoth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh okay, I wish this was more clearly stated. Thank you so much!

Carld123

@DeathMammoth

25 was for online activations only...instore= 10$...so you got the correct bonus...

Need Help? Let's chat.