cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just get scammed?

davpm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was asking about activating my account, and while doing it someone pm'ed me with kind introduction to refer his number when activating.

I entered his number as a referral, but in my rewards section, I do not see the $10 credit given to the new customer. Does it take time to receive it or am I just scammed?

He/She is not responding btw.

8 REPLIES 8

sinfullybliss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I honestly had no idea your referral also gets a $10 subscription credit. That's really cool. To this point I've just been getting people to join on the basis of how awesome Public Mobile is Smiley LOL

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@davpm wrote:

I was asking about activating my account, and while doing it someone pm'ed me with kind introduction to refer his number when activating.

I entered his number as a referral, but in my rewards section, I do not see the $10 credit given to the new customer. Does it take time to receive it or am I just scammed?

It takes 72 hours to show but this person should not be doing this

Why shouldn't they be doing it?

@davpm wrote:

Why would the other person need to respond?  The person who refered you is not who is responsible for, not did he/she advertise the referal credit.  The $10 referal credit for the person who is refered can be seen as an offer by Public Mobile to reimburse the regular cost of a sim card.  It is Public Mobile you should be questioning about this.  The person who refered you did not scam you.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Very funny how the ppl say LOL, some even say at other post PM stole my money LMAO

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@davpm wrote:

It takes 72 hours to show but this person should not be doing this

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Additionally, you'll receive a text when it does get credited so you don't have to check your account continuously.

davpm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you, I'll be waiting for it then.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@davpm

You will get the $10 referral credit within 72 hours.  But I got my credit next morning.

Need Help? Let's chat.