cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Reward?

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Over the weekend I activated a new phone with my referral code around 930PM, though didn’t receive the reward until 12PM the next day. Is it typical to have a delay in receiving a reward?

13 REPLIES 13

Deez13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hmm good to know

@Carniam @AE_Collector 

The exact cut off is 6pm Paficific/9pm Eastern for these text messages.  This message isn't indication of when the $1 reward for the referrer or the $10 credit for the referred was applied other than it happened some time between that cutoff tine and 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern.

@Carniam wrote:

@AE_Collector Yes this is what I am talking about. I did check online and it did not show up there until I received the text the next afternoon.

You are likely in eastern time zone or further east? It seems like there is just One single Schedule for all of Canada as far as sending the text notifications and I have heard that it is around noon eastern because that is 9AM pacific.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Carniam wrote:

Anyway to switch the solution to @AE_Collector as his solution is actually the one that speaks to the situation that I was wondering about. The rest appear to focus on receiving the $10 reward

If you want to refer your friends to PM, all you need to do is to give your referral code on your overview page after login.

Every time, your friend used your code to activate a PM plan, your refer-a-friend reward will go up by $1.  You are not getting the refer-a-friend reward until your next renewal date.  All your rewards will be converted to available fund before renewal.  You will not get the refer-a-friend reward if you friend left PM before your renewal date.

Carniam

Anyway to switch the solution to @AE_Collector as his solution is actually the one that speaks to the situation that I was wondering about. The rest appear to focus on receiving the $10 reward

harishtillu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yea for the reward if you talking about 10$  it takes around 24 hrs - 72 hrs 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Carniam wrote:

Over the weekend I activated a new phone with my referral code around 930PM, though didn’t receive the reward until 12PM the next day. Is it typical to have a delay in receiving a reward?

Your friend, who gave you his referral code, should have told you that your one time referral credit will be in your account within 72 hours after activation to relieve you from wondering what had happened for a day.

Carniam

@AE_Collector Yes this is what I am talking about. I did check online and it did not show up there until I received the text the next afternoon.

I think you mean that you activated a new additional service using your existing referral code?

You should have Received a text message almost instantly to your existing service saying you had successfully referred a friend though the text message is delayed until the next day if activation is in the evening or later. Presumably this is just to avoid possibly waking you up to learn of a new referral which may not be the type of news you want to be woken up for! 

Had you checked the Existing services Self Serve account You would see the additional $1/month referral credit there instantly without the overnight delay I believe.

AE_Collector

Carniam

Thanks!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Carniam Yes, it is typical. Most of rewards are not given instantly but in a certain range of time - within 25/48/72 hours or 30 days.

Within 72 hours of activating your credit will be applied.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Carniam hi yes it is normal usually within 24 hours for the person doing the referring and up to 72 hours for the person being referred although it is usually a lot quicker 😁 

Need Help? Let's chat.