cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December Rewards Error

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just an FYI my plan renewed today and the community rewards did not apply properly. First they said I had a $2 community reward then fixed it and changed it to $5 but when the plan renewed today only $2 applied to the account. Just an FYI that the December rewards are still having issues.

16 REPLIES 16

@Lowufo  Hey thanks for the heads up! I read this thread the other day and logged into my account during renewal in time to see the community reward revert to the original reward as it was credited to my balance.

Christhe5th
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Chat with SIMon (The Public Mobile Chatbot) for assistance with any problem that you may be having.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lowufo wrote:

Very weird indeed did the airplane mode trick and then checked and it was down to 0.19 mb. Turned airplane mode off and checked it again but it is back up to 5.312mb so that must be the buffer amount used by the system. No big deal as I never go over data amount but just how their system works.

It should only have gone back up if you turned on cell data. The buffer is actually 5.293. That's how I predicted that you would see 0.019 (assuming no data usage).

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lowufo wrote:

Very weird indeed did the airplane mode trick and then checked and it was down to 0.19 mb. Turned airplane mode off and checked it again but it is back up to 5.312mb so that must be the buffer amount used by the system. No big deal as I never go over data amount but just how their system works.

@Lowufo   I find the same thing happens with my data too.  After turning the data/airplane mode on/off, the data resets to almost zero and then shortly after it's showing buffer data used again.  It's a small amount so I don't really worry about it anymore:)

Lowufo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Lowufo  Yes, but as @Anonymous  said, do the airplane mode trick, because it resets the data on your PM account. I had the same "ghost" 5MB of data showing up on my account, and the airplane trick got rid of it.

...and have data off beforehand. 🙂

But still...Lowufo just renewed and before he turned on his phone there was the 5-odd megs. So something does seem to be up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lowufo wrote:

Like my post said the phone was powered OFF all night and not powered back on until after I checked my self serve this morning.

"before powering on", "until after". Read much? Sorry.

Yes. There have been sporadic reports of slight inexplicable data consumptions here and there. More around MMS but here you are.

@Lowufo  Yes, but as @Anonymous  said, do the airplane mode trick, because it resets the data on your PM account. I had the same "ghost" 5MB of data showing up on my account, and the airplane trick got rid of it.

Lowufo

Like my post said the phone was powered OFF all night and not powered back on until after I checked my self serve this morning.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lowufo wrote:

The other thing I noticed when looking at my account is the last two billing cycles the data did not reset to zero it only went down to 5.312mb. I know some people say that is a buffer amount but the last two cycles it has been like this. Not a big deal as I never go over my data limit but I will mention it when contacted by a moderator as it may be an issue in their system. I knew my plan was going to reset last night so I powered off my phone to see if it would reset to zero. I checked my account this morning before powering on my phone and nope it did the same thing as last month.

Turn cell data off. Flip in and out of airplane mode. Check counter. It should show like 0.019 unless some other data has been used.

Unless your cell data was off anyway...

Lowufo

The other thing I noticed when looking at my account is the last two billing cycles the data did not reset to zero it only went down to 5.312mb. I know some people say that is a buffer amount but the last two cycles it has been like this. Not a big deal as I never go over my data limit but I will mention it when contacted by a moderator as it may be an issue in their system. I knew my plan was going to reset last night so I powered off my phone to see if it would reset to zero. I checked my account this morning before powering on my phone and nope it did the same thing as last month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lowufo wrote:

Already checked my payment history this is how I found the error.The post is more an FYI for others that rewards for December might have not applied correctly.

I know it was a bit messy. I renewed right around the time that they were paid out. It was messy. But some people even got excess.

Lowufo

No credit to the account and yes I did let the moderators know what was going on.

Thanks @Lowufo did you contact the moderators to fix this for you?  Or is the $3 showing as a credit in your my account 

Lowufo

Already checked my payment history this is how I found the error.The post is more an FYI for others that rewards for December might have not applied correctly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lowufo wrote:

Just an FYI my plan renewed today and the community rewards did not apply properly. First they said I had a $2 community reward then fixed it and changed it to $5 but when the plan renewed today only $2 applied to the account. Just an FYI that the December rewards are still having issues.

Check all your transactions in your payment history. It may have been credited at another time.

Need Help? Let's chat.