cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December Community Rewards

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I just got notified of my Community reward  badge. The announcement must be imminent!

Edit:  Ok wait apparently got three...top 1%  top 5% and the top 50%. I know if was on here a lot but thats ridiculousmessiness!

44 REPLIES 44

Why analize it Darleen? Let's keep it a mystery. Lol.

@darlicious wrote:

@iPhoneUser  Since we can't post in the announcement now I'll keep the conversation going here. The Second badge confirms your reward. This glitch has given me huge insight into the community rewards. I can wait to analyze the numbers at the end of this month. Too bad im not a computer operating number cruncher it would be easier....but there's a few key members to drive my study.

@AE_Collector  and @Ed404  because of their similar numbers the top 5 on the leaderboard on New Year's eve  and @GinYVR  and @wetcoaster  because they were on the bubble.....oooh I can't wait!

Tony_Xu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the give away and good job!

My Solutions Category is Soluable.... very fluid.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  You're going to be my solution to the solutions portion.

@wetcoaster  You and @GinYVR  missed the top 5%(at least bravo wise) by one spot each 26th and 25th but your other stats will tell the story.

@darlicious wrote:

@iPhoneUser  Since we can't post in the announcement now I'll keep the conversation going here. The Second badge confirms your reward. This glitch has given me huge insight into the community rewards. I can wait to analyze the numbers at the end of this month. Too bad im not a computer operating number cruncher it would be easier....but there's a few key members to drive my study.

@AE_Collector  and @Ed404  because of their similar numbers the top 5 on the leaderboard on New Year's eve  and @GinYVR  and @wetcoaster  because they were on the bubble.....oooh I can't wait!

I'm on the bubble??!?? 

Anyhow, not sure if I'm a worthy test subject. I'm not able to be here 24/7, and usually only contribute if I can add to the conversation. Which all depends on my work load.

Having said that: Back to work!

@darlicious 

That gives you at least a couple of weeks to become proficient at using MS Excel to crunch the numbers on your Univac 5000. In the end, @Ed404 and I both wound up in the top 5% group this month unless there is another change.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector   Telus might be saving money by outsourcing but public mobile wins that game by dangling a carrot....a $0 phone bill.

@darlicious wrote:

@Tiana_V  Thank you for the explanation.

Woohoo! I made top 1%! Ok all you kids out there who want to know what it takes to make it to the top ranks? Due to an injury I've been off work....so I worked the first week of December and I've been on here pretty much full time since then. So don't quit your day jobs....unless you don't mind a monthly salary of $15. If you take my first week as a hobby then I made $5 a week. I'm scared to look at my stats to see the actual time on the community.

A call centre job in India pays better than that but the commute to work may kill you.

AE_Collector

@SD08 wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@LovesToPM . Why? Are these number unusually high ?

There is definitely an abnormally high count for actually awarded December badges (badges with specific dates attached).

June 2019
127 ppl recd rewards totalling $484: Oracles=8, 1%=3, 5%=9, 10%=12, 25%=34, 50%=61

July 2019
125 ppl recd rewards totalling $487: Oracles=8, 1%=3, 5%=11, 10%=9, 25%=33, 50%=61

August 2019
134 ppl recd rewards totalling $492: Oracles=8, 1%=3, 5%=9, 10%=12, 25%=35, 50%=67

Sep 2019
125 ppl recd rewards totalling $482: Oracles=8, 1%=3, 5%=9, 10%=12, 25%=34, 50%=59

October 2019
110 ppl recd rewards totalling $434: Oracles=8, 1%=2, 5%=8, 10%=11, 25%=28, 50%=53

November 2019
109 ppl recd rewards totalling $445: Oracles=8, 1%=3, 5%=8, 10%=10, 25%=30, 50%=50

December 2019
452 ppl recd rewards totalling $1329: Oracles=8, 1%=9, 5%=31, 10%=46, 25%=136, 50%=222

PM told oracles in our conference call on Monday that they ran into problems issuing badges for December, so we are seeing the strange result now. This is completely out of pattern from the previous months.

Those total numbers from December much more closely match what I would expect to see based on my recent comments about 1002 people on the Bravos list with 1 Bravo or more. I commented that there are at minimum 1002 "participants" in the community at that moment. Thus if 50% of them received an award of Top 50% or higher there should be about 500 awards given out per month but in reality there are usually 125 +/- awards given out. Yes I know, it isn't *just* Bravos but that is the only thing we have available info for to use as a basis.

AE_Collector

@Tiana_V  Thank you for the explanation.

Woohoo! I made top 1%! Ok all you kids out there who want to know what it takes to make it to the top ranks? Due to an injury I've been off work....so I worked the first week of December and I've been on here pretty much full time since then. So don't quit your day jobs....unless you don't mind a monthly salary of $15. If you take my first week as a hobby then I made $5 a week. I'm scared to look at my stats to see the actual time on the community.

pawan_ds
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's great

do anyone know how to earn badges?

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  Congratulations on becoming an oracle from deputy mayor. Thats quite the meteoric rise.....it must be all those solutions you got recently!

Thanks!

Yes, I've been adding about a solution a month for three months straight now. And six now in my first year! (Don't want to brag 🙂 ).....

AE_Collector

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

There is definitely an abnormally high count for actually awarded December badges (badges with specific dates attached).

June 2019
127 ppl recd rewards totalling $484: Oracles=8, 1%=3, 5%=9, 10%=12, 25%=34, 50%=61

July 2019
125 ppl recd rewards totalling $487: Oracles=8, 1%=3, 5%=11, 10%=9, 25%=33, 50%=61

August 2019
134 ppl recd rewards totalling $492: Oracles=8, 1%=3, 5%=9, 10%=12, 25%=35, 50%=67

Sep 2019
125 ppl recd rewards totalling $482: Oracles=8, 1%=3, 5%=9, 10%=12, 25%=34, 50%=59

October 2019
110 ppl recd rewards totalling $434: Oracles=8, 1%=2, 5%=8, 10%=11, 25%=28, 50%=53

November 2019
109 ppl recd rewards totalling $445: Oracles=8, 1%=3, 5%=8, 10%=10, 25%=30, 50%=50

December 2019
452 ppl recd rewards totalling $1329: Oracles=8, 1%=9, 5%=31, 10%=46, 25%=136, 50%=222

PM told oracles in our conference call on Monday that they ran into problems issuing badges for December, so we are seeing the strange result now. This is completely out of pattern from the previous months.

@darlicious wrote:   The top badge I recieved is not what is reflected in my account.

With roughly 20 accounts (including yours) the inital Community Reward you would have recieved reflected one of the lower badges. Once we discovered the issue we added an additional credit to the accounts to make up the difference between the initial reward and what you earned. You should see that come through by end of the day today. Sorry about all the confusion. Since we've identified the bug this time around, hopefully it's smooth sailing for next month!

Thanks. My reward is right in my account. And thanks for the link. Should have searched first.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

What reward would a top 25% badge normally earn? I never got one before. So I don't know if the reward given is the right one. Lol.

@darlicious 

@Tiana_V   The top badge I recieved is not what is reflected in my account.

1% = $15

5% = $10

10% = $5

25% = $2

50% = $1

as per https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

Nope I only got one too.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Same here but I become an Oracle apparently each time this happens.

@Tiana_V 

You have discovered a glitch that appears about every second,third or forth month. I have eitger three or four instances of receiving every community badge that exists in certain months during my year here.

AE_Collector

When I look up your profile, I see that you have earn 2 badges for December: 5% & 10%

Lol I seem to be the only one who received just one badge so far.

PM aecollector badges.jpg

@gblackma wrote:

What reward would a top 25% badge normally earn? I never got one before. So I don't know if the reward given is the right one. Lol.

@darlicious 

1% = $15

5% = $10

10% = $5

25% = $2

50% = $1

as per https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Tiana_V 

You have discovered a glitch that appears about every second,third or forth month. I have eitger three or four instances of receiving every community badge that exists in certain months during my year here.

AE_Collector

When I look up your profile, I see that you have earn 2 badges for December: 5% & 10%

Lol I seem to be the only one who received just one badge so far.

PM aecollector badges.jpg

@Ed404 wrote:

I received 2 emails one for top 10% and the other for top 5%. My account received the $10 reward, but why did I get 2 emails?

Same here, messages (not emails) of 5% and 10% awards. I received 6 badges from Oracle on down.

AE_Collector

@darlicious 

@AE_Collector  Congratulations on becoming an oracle from deputy mayor. Thats quite the meteoric rise.....it must be all those solutions you got recently!

@Tiana_V 

AE_Collector

@Tiana_V 

@Tiana_V wrote:

@darlicious @LovesToPM 

When we were going through the process of calculating and applying rewards and badges this month we ran into a bug with the system that resulted in multiple badges being assigned to some accounts (a small minority). Rest assured, which ever badge you recieved that is the highest is the one you earned and your Community Reward will reflect that. 

As for the number of recipients this month, we experienced a large increase of both Community members and activity in December due to our More is Merrier 1GB and 400 LD minutes give away as well as our More is Merrier contest. 

Stay tuned for the full rewards announcement coming soon!

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tiana_V wrote:

@darlicious @LovesToPM 

When we were going through the process of calculating and applying rewards and badges this month we ran into a bug with the system that resulted in multiple badges being assigned to some accounts (a small minority). Rest assured, which ever badge you recieved that is the highest is the one you earned and your Community Reward will reflect that. 

As for the number of recipients this month, we experienced a large increase of both Community members and activity in December due to our More is Merrier 1GB and 400 LD minutes give away as well as our More is Merrier contest. 

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the rewards announcement.

@darlicious @LovesToPM 

As for the number of recipients this month, we experienced a large increase of both Community members and activity in December due to our More is Merrier 1GB and 400 LD minutes give away as well as our More is Merrier contest. More people on the Community = more people who earn rewards!

So no one believed me when I scoffed at the comment recently about "a problem with the badges" this month? My comment was that every three months or sober are awarded every badge that exists.

Ibam thankful for my Oracle Badge as well as my Top 1%, 5%, 10%, 25% and 50% Badges! Thanks Public Mobile and congrats to everyone else, particularly those who scored three or more badges this month!

AE_Collector

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I received 2 emails one for top 10% and the other for top 5%. My account received the $10 reward, but why did I get 2 emails?

@darlicious wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Yes they are. The October badge counts were as follows:

1% badge - 2

5% badge - 8

10% badge - 11

25% badge - 28

50% badge - 53

Congrats on your first badge reward!

@gblackma  Normally there's 3 in the top 1%. I'm pretty sure there is a mistake in October's rewards. But otherwise that's a normal count.

@LovesToPM  There was speculation the delay was due to the numbers.....so you would think pm would have fixed this before releasing these numbers.

@darlicious 
Yes we would think. TBH, didn't really know what to expect for the December rewards due to the surge in overall activity from the contests and giveaways.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Yes they are. The October badge counts were as follows:

1% badge - 2

5% badge - 8

10% badge - 11

25% badge - 28

50% badge - 53

Congrats on your first badge reward!

@gblackma  Normally there's 3 in the top 1%. I'm pretty sure there is a mistake in October's rewards. But otherwise that's a normal count.

@LovesToPM  There was speculation the delay was due to the numbers.....so you would think pm would have fixed this before releasing these numbers.

Need Help? Let's chat.