cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credits and how to get my bill down to ZERO

dreamboats198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got some credits to my account in the first few days of starting PM. Am not complaining, but would like to know how it came about and what do I need to do to keep it coming.

Would also like to know how I can get my bill down to 0 please.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@dreamboats198

Take a read through this article in the Knowledge Base as to how you can earn rewards:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Getting a bill down to $0 and the likelihood of it is partly linked to the base cost of your plan (converted to a 30 day equivalent).

The lower your plan cost, the easier it is to get your plan for free.  Autopay, referal, loyalty, and community rewards all add up.

If you're on one of the more expensive Public Mobile plans (ie. $50 per 30 days), the odds of you getting down to $0 are much slilmmer.

For loyalty rewards, I would say that most people are unlikely to acquire large amounts of referal rewards. This is because if you refer someone (and I mean actually know the person personally), people who know your referal and sign up may not attribute the referal to you.  One of your other firends or family members might get it, unless everyone in your social network signed up at pretty much the same time.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dreamboats198 make sure to check the Announcements area periodically, or if you're an RSS user, you can subscribe to the Announcements area in your favourite RSS reader to stay on top of it.  More on that here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Brief-Guide-How-to-subscribe-to-a-communi...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There are certain promotions that give you bonuses for a set period of time as well, for example I got a promotion that rebates $10 for 6 months. On a somewhat related note, I'm not sure when it will show in the account though as I was charged full price this month. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There are a number of different credits with PM and they are listed on the Overview page of your self serve login.

1 - Autopay rewards - $2 per 30 days if you activate autopay (credit card)
2 - Loyalty rewards - $ 1 per 30 days for every year your account has been active with PM (max $5)

3 - Community rewards - rewards given each out month by PM for activity in this community forum. These are typically $1 to $15. It's fairly easy to get $5. Your email in this community forum must match the email on your account

4 - Referral rewards - $1 per 30 days for each account you refer that is currently active each time your account renews.

These rewards/credits are different from the various rewards you might get from the number of different promos that have been going on (eg $25 referral credit or $10 for 6 months for new signups) 

ColdWinters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Typically you will get a text from PM notifiying you of credits to the account.

For example, I received a text from "100" noting that I received a $2 for signing of for autopay.

I am new and I also received a $10 credit for "activating with public mobile".

You get a $1 credit per month for referals for every month that referal is with PM.

Check out the Rewards section of the community forums—it really is the best way to find out more.

Need Help? Let's chat.