cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit in account plus upcoming rewards are greater than monthly plan cost - what happens?

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I have a $25 credit (showing as available funds) in my account. From the recent refer-a-friend promo which is still running.

I also have $27 of rewards (auto-pay, loyalty, referrals) showing. 

I have opted to change my plan on the next renewal date - it will be changing to a $25 monthly plan as the plan is not available as a 90 day offer.

What is likely to happen in this scenario? Are my rewards going to be lost? Partially lost? I am trying to figure out if I should buy an add-on to use up the available funds if the rewards are at risk. 

In the future, the rewards will be about 1/3 of what they are now as I will be on a monthly plan.

9 REPLIES 9

@nrg_svr wrote:

My concern is where it says on this page:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Just trying to figure out (rule out!) if the current available funds of $25.00 will impact the application of the rewards. It seems to indicate the rewards cannot carry forward.

The info Public gives is wrong. Extra can be used for future months.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@nrg_svr wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Just trying to figure out (rule out!) if the current available funds of $25.00 will impact the application of the rewards. It seems to indicate the rewards cannot carry forward.

No need to be concerned because your will be moving to a 30 day plan so your rewards will be ($2.00 autopay + $7.00 referral) = $9 per 30 days or (3 x $9.00) = $27.00 that you are currently receiving on the 90 day plan.

nrg_svr

I was reading about someone who had $1000 in credits, but I think that was some time ago.

That post from PM that I refer to appears to be more current, but also just suggests that you will cease earning rewards in a period once your plan cost is reached. Assuming that is the case, I might also assume that I will be under the plan cost (it ought to change to $9.00 as someone noted), and that it will convert to available funds as per normal, and I will be left with a smaller credit the next month. Thanks Luddite et al.....

Credits are independent of rewards; they are equivalent to adding cash to your account. No worries until your rewards > plan cost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

i have notced that rewards are converted to available funds first then the plan is deducted.  hence if you had 100 referals in a month you would get $100 + other rewards credit as available funds then your $25 plan would be deducted leaving you with a positive balance thanks to rewards. 

nrg_svr

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@nrg_svr During the renewal cycle one "month" of rewards will be added to Available Funds and then Available Funds will be reduced by your plan cost. Leave autopay ON to continue receiving that reward.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@nrg_svr , if you are changing from a 90 to 30 day plan, your rewards for AutoPay, loyalty, and friend referrals will drop to $9, from $27.  This is because rewards are shown as what you would get if you renew the existing plan, until you change the duration of the plan.

im currently on a 90 day plan, and I’ve also future dated for the $25 plan.  My rewards have dropped from $21 to $7.

Community rewards if any, will be unaffected.

joepublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@nrg_svr wrote:

Hi,

I have a $25 credit (showing as available funds) in my account. From the recent refer-a-friend promo which is still running.

I also have $27 of rewards (auto-pay, loyalty, referrals) showing. 

I have opted to change my plan on the next renewal date - it will be changing to a $25 monthly plan as the plan is not available as a 90 day offer.

What is likely to happen in this scenario? Are my rewards going to be lost? Partially lost? I am trying to figure out if I should buy an add-on to use up the available funds if the rewards are at risk. 

In the future, the rewards will be about 1/3 of what they are now as I will be on a monthly plan.

No you will not lose any of your rewards and since you have enough funds in your account your account balance will go down by $25.00.

Need Help? Let's chat.