cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about community rewards

BookishSphinx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to Public Mobile 2 weeks ago (and am loving the money I’m saving) and am trying to get a handle on Community rewards to save even more. Under badges, I have one for top 50% and one for top 0.5%, but I don’t have a community reward when I check under Self-serve. Email address is the same for both Self serve and Community login.  Am I missing something about how this works?  

10 REPLIES 10

If you only switched to PM a couple of weeks ago you likely had no community activity in June which is the most current month that one may have received rewards for.

Terry

preciousjuno
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for makinfy that clearer to me.. because I was really confused about it..

@preciousjunoBasically they asking you to be answer and help as many people as you can, so they can save on hiring real tech support personnel and call center services..  The top 1% - 25% of the people get a monetary reward based on their participations.. eg Bravos, Responses etc. The higher the percentile bigger the reward you get. Since it is monthly based, if you don't participate then you don't get a reward for that month.

preciousjuno
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also confused..but from what I understand if we do what's asked we all get a reward.

@BookishSphinx wrote:

I switched to Public Mobile 2 weeks ago (and am loving the money I’m saving) and am trying to get a handle on Community rewards to save even more. Under badges, I have one for top 50% and one for top 0.5%, but I don’t have a community reward when I check under Self-serve. Email address is the same for both Self serve and Community login.  Am I missing something about how this works?  

The phantom badges were mentioend earlier, but I just had a look at your Community profile and you don't have any badges for Community rewards yet.  Keep trying and good luck for next month.

@BookishSphinxI am sure they are aware of it as it is a common problem with the Lithium platform.. There are other larger fires to put out than a cosmetic bug IMO.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BookishSphinx Getting to know how PM works and some issues within the community will help you to learn how to help others. Just spending time to read people's posts and start to understanding the problem first. Not every member in this community knows well about PM. Try to get the comments from "Oracle" level and "Top 1%" who have better knowledge. Hope to see your name on "Top 5%" soon! Keep up!

BookishSphinx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous and @GinYVR :

Thanks for the quick responses. That helps. Too bad the top 0.5% badge is erroneous.  I got all excited that I might get a huge reward!  Wonder if the mods know about this bug?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BookishSphinx wrote:

The .5% one is a spurious erroneous one so disregard that one. The Community Reward should show as a value in the rewards section of your overview page after it has been distributed each calendar month around the 7th or so. Then at your next renewal following that, the value will go towards your renewal cost.

But I don't see any of those badges in your profile.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@BookishSphinx Only the awards that have the Month and Year as prefix count towards Community Awards eg for May it says May 2019 Top x% I hope it clears things up.
Need Help? Let's chat.