cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community rewards

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good morning,

I just found out that I got $1 community reward for my first month 🙂 My question: is this a one-time reward based on my participation only for that month or will this be built up for the following months if I continue to contribute (like the Auto pay)?

28 REPLIES 28

stevekitchen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having no call center keeps costs down and allows the price to be the lowest around.  

@Antikz wrote:

I was wondering about this as well since I literally just signed up for a community account a few minutes ago and haven’t done any community help.

Pretty great though I also received a $1 loyalty reward a few days ago on top of the $2 monthly auto pay reward. Love public mobile and recommend it to everyone!

i really wish the call centre was still active though as it shut down just after setting up my account 😕 always nice to have someone to talk to 

Welcome. A call centre would be nice, but I wouldn't pay extra for something I might use once a year.

Antikz

I was wondering about this as well since I literally just signed up for a community account a few minutes ago and haven’t done any community help.

Pretty great though I also received a $1 loyalty reward a few days ago on top of the $2 monthly auto pay reward. Love public mobile and recommend it to everyone!

i really wish the call centre was still active though as it shut down just after setting up my account 😕 always nice to have someone to talk to 

zr0gravity7

@LovesToPM wrote:

Everything seems to count. Mostly it's bravos, solutions, and writing posts.

Even reading posts and time spent online count to a certain degree.

Do bravos cost to give?

@cat2019  Definitely got it! Reply Complete with a quote!

It is possible to go too far the other way as well, no need for a quote when replying to the very last comment (general comment, not down on you for quoting here, you were showing that you "got it"). Some always use the quote function and replies become almost unreadable due to all the stacking of multiple quotes. 

AE_Collector

cat2019

@Triguy wrote:

@cat2019 wrote:

Thanks for mentioning that, but how do you quote? Copy and paste in the reply box?

Post a new comment and click on the quote button.

Got it, learned something new. Thanks!

@cat2019 wrote:

Thanks for mentioning that, but how do you quote? Copy and paste in the reply box?

Post a new comment and click on the quote button.

cat2019

@Kim1971kim wrote:

I got that too! I’m not too sure ether

I think what Kim got too was that "anyone can be one an Oracle". And yes, any customer volunteer here could go as far as to become an Oracle. The pay still isn't great, $20/30 days but the $125,000 / year pension after retirement is what makes them do it!

Terry

@Kim1971kim wrote:

You got what? Quoting is very important.  Otherwise, no one will have a clue of what you're referring to.

Kim1971kim

dolphinM0M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, so they (or you as well I see) are actually just customers...so potentially anyone could become one??

@dolphinM0M wrote:

Can someone explain the oracles to me? Thanks!

Oracles are customers who Public Mobile has chosen to recognize for contributions over an extended period of time.

dolphinM0M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone explain the oracles to me? Thanks!

cat2019

Good to know! Thanks for the information:-)

When I check My Profile, I see the following (and more):
- Total Page Views
- Total Messages Read
- Total Bravos Given
- Total Signins
- Total Minutes Online

Of course how all this info is used, we do not know.

@LovesToPM wrote:

I don't beleive that time spent online plays any role.  Commonly, members, including myself, do talk about bravos, solutions, and post count, but the truth is, we don't really know for sure. Public Mobile won't tell use exactly how they're calculating Community rewards.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Having been with PM for 2 months now, I believe everything done in the community counts towards getting a reward. It may take quite a lot but you'll learn a lot along the way by participating. If a reward comes, great. If not, don't worry and keep contributing.

cat2019

Exactly. People want to find useful solutions for their problems not similar comments for the threads. Thanks for mentioning that

Presumably "Bravos Given" would count very little (but not zero) and "Bravos Received" would count more. There have to be some checks built in to dissuade people from simply "Brovoing" everything. Writing replies should have higher value and possibly initiating topics a bit higher still though that could be good or bad as well. We don't need endless useless topics...

We will probably never know the formula!

AE_Collector

cat2019

That's for sure. Thanks for the suggestion. But as a brand new PM user, being recognized and encouraged for our "exploration " with some rewards is still exciting... I'd been a Fido prepaid user for 15 years but my loyalty to them didn't mean anything. That's the part that makes my switching to PM so sweet and full of surprises.

@cat2019 wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply:-)

For participation, does each of these count --- post a question/reply, post an answer, or just give others a bravo?

The exact formular for rewards is a "secret".  Combination of various factors.  Number of bravos receive, correct solutions receive,  are probably more significant factors.  

Just spend whatever time you have trying to help others and participating in the forum and don't worry too much about the rewards.  

cat2019

Thanks for the prompt reply:-)

For participation, does each of these count --- post a question/reply, post an answer, or just give others a bravo?

@cat2019 wrote:

So it is a one-time reward. Does that mean those Bravos or badges/rankings I earned only count for my last reward and as the new month starts everything will be re-calculated from zero?

Correct....  

cat2019

So it is a one-time reward. Does that mean those Bravos or badges/rankings I earned only count for my last reward and as the new month starts everything will be re-calculated from zero?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi,

You have to contribute each month to earn the community reward.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

For regular customers, we can earn from $1 up to $15 every 30 days.

The $20 reward is reserved for Oracles only.

Need Help? Let's chat.