cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community rewards: August rewards(Sept.)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Can someone please tell me what day in September the August community rewards were awarded? As in when did they appear in your account? My renewal date was September 7th and if I remember correctly they were awarded late...and my community reward was applied the day after my renewal to be applied on this months renewal also the 7th. The September rewards were applied on the 7th before my renewal. My August reward disappeared to be replaced by September's reward. I am looking for the date as the moderators do not appear to understand my query. Thx!

49 REPLIES 49

@mimmo 

After rereading  your solution for this thread it suddenly occurred to me why I have one friend referral that doesn't always apply when I renew but all my referrals showing are active before and after my renewal. One of my referrals @grumpyneighbour  and I share the same renewal date. I suppose if my rewards get applied when he i also in a suspended state that would cause my $1 reward from his service to be denied? If so this could possibly explain the missing reward for others describing the same issue.

@Alan_K wrote:

Let me know if you have further issues with the Community Reward @darlicious . I can see you have earned the two badges, which as everyone has mentioned, is proof enough you are owed the Rewards. On your renewal date, the Reward becomes a credit into your account.

It sounds like Oana has resolved this so I'm glad to see that!

@Alan_K  Thank you for reaching out and responding to this thread. I am always impressed with the concern you show and your dedication in keeping up wth service issues users experience. I will keep you informed of the application of community rewards in regards to my account as my next renewal occurs on November 6th right smack in the middle of awarding/applying time again. As mentioned but I would like to reiterate that Oana is a true asset in your moderator department and deserves any accolades to be bestowed upon her. A raise, a bonus, a plaque on the wall or employee of the year she has definetly earned it and cannot express how much I appreciate her dedication to her job and the excellent customer service skills she possesses.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let me know if you have further issues with the Community Reward @darlicious . I can see you have earned the two badges, which as everyone has mentioned, is proof enough you are owed the Rewards. On your renewal date, the Reward becomes a credit into your account.

It sounds like Oana has resolved this so I'm glad to see that!

Gawd I fight with devices too. Between laptop, iPad, iPhone and Android phone each is different enough that sometimes it is easier to switch devices to accomplish something that the one I was using simply refuses to do. The digital age isn't as smart as it thinks it is!

Terry

@AE_Collector  Thank you...stop you might make me blush!  As I commented before but coincidence that the moderator who helped connect you to the tech that resolved your accounts lack of application of rewards was the same one who refused to apply mine. Amazing how different an interaction with a moderator can be from one user to the next. I am only where I am today due to the dedicated effort of yourself and other members mentoring my learning process. But if you heard or saw my frustrations over trying to grasp copy and paste you may not think it was meteoric!

Good to hear @darlicious .

ironically your FIRST reward blew up where as my first was the only one that went the way it should have. After my first, there was no cash arriving with my second, third, forth or fifth reward. I had good luck getting the $2 credited by moderators though I admit the first time I made the request led to A LOT of back and forth as it gets confusing looking back over 1 month to see what happened. Moderator kept saying "You got the $2" but he was looking at the previous (first) months reward that had only just been applied to my renewal a few days before the next reward went missing. In the end whether it was my change of a letter of my email address from upper to lower case in one area OR the tech that looked to see what was going on, it appears to be fixed.

I too felt a bit foolish trying to collect $2 but it was partly the principle of it and partly that fact that we are here to help fix things and something was obviously broken!

Congrats on your meteoric rise within the community!

Terry aka AE_Collector

Wow what a saga for a $2 community reward! But as you may well know that was my vey first one achieved in a mere 10 days on the community. I was very proud of that achievement. I was a flip phoner barely able to operate my smartphone let alone help people navigate the online world of public mobility. Many, many thanks to all who have helped mentor, teach, guide, advise, admonish, correct and bravo me into the top 5% for September's community rewards. There are too many of you to list here but I am sure you know who you are. When I submitted a ticket to the moderators  on Saturday via simple Simon I thought it was going to be a relatively minor fix of adding to my account a mistakenly removed $2 reward when September's $10 community reward was applied. This all due to August's rewards being applied a little late and September's community rewards a little early  comparatively all in around the 11:59pm et renewal of my plan on both September and October 6th. However the moderator "helping" me took it upon herself to make this as difficult as possible spending 8 hours over 2 days to make me question my sanity and enlist the support of an entire community to help me gather enough facts surrounding the awarding of August and September's community rewards to prove my point. In the end (and I think @Alan_K  should be interested in this) I threw in the proverbial  white towel of a hometown Vancouver Canuck when she steadfastly refused to believe I had earned the august community reward  despite all the information at her fingertips. 

Now the actual solution to this threads OP question should go to @Anonymous  and his sage advice but he did not respond to the post here but supplied the info via private message. I would also like to give an honorable mention to @will13am  @computergeek541  and @AE_Collector  for all of their sound advice and support and will be assigning the solution to @mimmo  for his suggestion of a second opinion something I was considering but was afraid to waste anymore moderator time on what was a trivial amount of money but of great significance to me. I'm very glad I did because @Oana_S was online and once I messaged her and she verified my account she was able to confirm the top 25% status and apply the $2 reward back into my account within 5 minutes. She is a true asset to public mobile and an example of a true professional with unsurpassed customer service skills and from one to another with over 30 years in that trade I bow to her expertise. And she has truly restored my faith in public mobile striving to achieve excellent customer service in an online only mobile provider platform. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo!

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

What the heck, I might as well say something too since the entire group is in on the discussion.  I got my first ever reward.  The system seems pretty solid with using the payouts.  It takes quite a bit of effort just to earn a buck or two.  Making a big deal about not getting a couple of bucks just further dilutes the effort.  Is it all worth it? 

@Lemony_Snicket  The $2 reward was my first it's not about the money it's the symbolism. So you are okay not to get yours as well? So I should just be happy with the badge? But I may have blown it out of proportion but to have a conversation with someone who still doesn't understand the point is what started the whole dynamite explosion.

Discretion is the better part of valor.  You don't want to get the moderators too upset with you.  Public shaming isn't so nice.  

There is no intent to public shame that is not in my nature and would fly in the face of the community terms of service. But get the moderators upset with me? Have you ever gone into a customer service issue with that frame of mind? I have other issues....like my  WiFi download speed from telus averaging 1% of what i pay for...am I worried about upsetting them? It's important to remember they are employees paid to deliver satisfactory customer service for pm to their customer base.  It's not up to me to please them....just treat them with respect and politeness.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

What the heck, I might as well say something too since the entire group is in on the discussion.  I got my first ever reward.  The system seems pretty solid with using the payouts.  It takes quite a bit of effort just to earn a buck or two.  Making a big deal about not getting a couple of bucks just further dilutes the effort.  Is it all worth it? 

@Lemony_Snicket  The $2 reward was my first it's not about the money it's the symbolism. So you are okay not to get yours as well? So I should just be happy with the badge? But I may have blown it out of proportion but to have a conversation with someone who still doesn't understand the point is what started the whole dynamite explosion.

Discretion is the better part of valor.  You don't want to get the moderators too upset with you.  Public shaming isn't so nice.  

Strange how what seems like the simplest of requests turns into an epic battle. I didn't even want to mention it and I asked for some sage advice and we agreed I should look into out if principle. I see now I should have addressed it the same day it occurred. But the mods seemed pretty busy with pressing issues until yesterday when they were getting back to people within an hour so I decided it would be a good time to get it cleared up. Boy was I wrong....but once my tail is raised this Scorpio lives up to her sign. Lol...i see a shiny new twoonie from the bank framed and hanging on my wall in my future.

@will13am  thanks

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Hey darlicious, if you are in deep discussion with the moderators on your rewards concerns there's no need to rant in the forums and build a multi page discussion where you dominate the posts.  We can't really help you better than the moderators.  If you don't like their solution, no point escalating the discussion here.  We can't override anything.  

@will13am  Thank you for your perspective and i certainly didnt intend to make thus all about me and would happily have this whole thread not factor into a community reward calculation. Imvjust shocked at the gigantic waste if time and seemingly stupid run around I was getting that I thought it needed to be exposed. And the moderator certainly wants to keep it private. So I am thoughtfully reconsidering my choices. When I pick a fight I like to see it through so this is a tough one for me. I know the community can't change the moderators decisions but your opinions count. The community reward is supposed to be a token of appreciation for all of our hard work and time that makes their job easier for which they are properly compensated for so to take away my very first award or anyones award because they have designed an imperfect system is...pitiful. Your opinion is noted and taken into consideration. Thank you

I would hate to meet your grumpy side in a dark alley!  My approach to dispute resolution is advocate, then escalate.  It seems like you did your fair share of the former with the moderator involved in the case.  Failing that, escalation is next.  Getting us to side with you isn't quite what I would view as escalation.  We are on the wrong end of the food chain.  Hint, try the folks with the PM label next to their name.  BTW, I do agree that your case is valid.  This is just a warm feeling, not quite the same as $2 in your account balance.  

@Luddite  I'm not looking for comfort. Is the suggestion to resubmit a ticket to the moderators in the hopes of getting a different moderator?  One who can see I did not receive two community rewards for september? On my profile as so clearly stated by the moderator Top 25% badge 09-11-2019 (Sept 11th 2019) Top 5% badge Thursday (10-10-2019) Clearly two separate months but by badge awarding dates 29 days apart. And since my renewal was 11:59pm et sept 6th and community rewards were applied at approximately 12:30 am et on Sept 7th during my renewal they could not be applied to my account so as per the community terms of service they are to be applied on the next renewal date 30 days later on oct 6th before 11:59pm et but if the next months community rewards are awarded 1 day earlier(29 days) 2 rewards will appear in a 30 day period. Arbitrarily awarding community rewards in more or less 30 days doesnt affect most people but if fall within the time frame as mentioned in the community terms of service an exception is to be made not an exclusion. July was announced Aug 9th. 33 days later Aug was announced on Sept 11th.  29 days later Sept was announced Oct 10th. My next two renewals will be Nov and Dec 5th at 11:59 pm et. So will the same problem occur if community  rewards are more or less 30 days? If you are going to have a 30 day rule then the announcement and official awarding should be exactly at the same time 30 days apart exactly what my renewal is same time 30 days apart. I would be interested in what @Alan_K  has to say about this because this is going to be an issue for me for quite some time.  I would propose switching my community profile to my other account but it renewed at 11:59pm et Oct 4th so I would still potentially run into the same problem. So the question being should I ask each and every moderator the same question each month until eventually both accounts in more than a year cycle out of the first week of the month? Then it's somebody else account that gets screwed for their community reward as their plan cycles into the first week of the month. All is fair in love and war?

@darlicious Sorry I have no comments to make on this long thread. However, I can report that my recent Community Rewards were posted to my account the same day as my plan renewed;  Jul 24, Aug 23, and Sep 22. If you are concerned about your situation and cannot get enough comfort here, do submit a ticket. 

I can also report that in 4 years it has never been missed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@mimmo  thanks that is definitely something that plays into the whole debacle. I think it is important to note: the august $2 community reward was awarded after my renewal 11:59pm et I received a text at 9am pt sept7th that applied rewards $0 for community. After that my $2 community reward appeared on my account. I saw it and mentioned it in a post that it brought me to a $0 plan. The moderator said I had a $2 community reward that was upgraded to $10 because of my participation in the community. So they have acknowledged I had a$2 reward but she implied it was upgraded. That does not happen. I earned the $2 and the following month I earned my second reward of $10. As I have said I think it was removed by mistake because in theory there should not be 2 community rewards at any one time but it is like autopay when you activate you prepay and activate with a credit card the first autopay is earned but not applied until your first renewal when you get $4 Auto pay reward applied to your account.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious  I skimmed over the thread, so sorry if this was mentioned.  One possible cause if this is that community rewards are not issued to accounts when they are suspended/expired etc.  As you know on nenewal plans go to suspended/expired.  And if rewards are issued while you are  in that state then you wont get the reward.

It's just a thought and might be an avenue worth pursuing when talking to mods. 

@jonfirlotte  Wow I appreciate the support but you may have gone a little overboard with the Bravos. Not sure how to proceed here. Have not responded to the last message from the moderator yet because it just seems to be a Trump sized brick wall being built there. And they are none too happy with me posting our conversation so stopped well before the end. Community support has been mostly on my side but I recognize this is taking away from users that need real help and solutions. What a dilemma!!?! I think for now in the interest of turkey ( I think that pun is intended) I'm just going to stop and ask @Alan_k for his opinion and wait. And if I could assign a solution to the original question it would go to @Anonymous  for telling me via pm that the rewards were applied/awarded at about 9:30 pt Oct 6th or so. Just after my renewal which is how my reward got awarded after my renewal and got all squirrelly.....

Thank you community for all your opinions, advice and support but think it's time this turkey gets stuffed, cooked and served on a silver platter. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! 

*oh the irony*

Edit: @Anonymous  should be Sept 6th 9:30pm et

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Hey darlicious, if you are in deep discussion with the moderators on your rewards concerns there's no need to rant in the forums and build a multi page discussion where you dominate the posts.  We can't really help you better than the moderators.  If you don't like their solution, no point escalating the discussion here.  We can't override anything.  

@will13am  Thank you for your perspective and i certainly didnt intend to make thus all about me and would happily have this whole thread not factor into a community reward calculation. Imvjust shocked at the gigantic waste if time and seemingly stupid run around I was getting that I thought it needed to be exposed. And the moderator certainly wants to keep it private. So I am thoughtfully reconsidering my choices. When I pick a fight I like to see it through so this is a tough one for me. I know the community can't change the moderators decisions but your opinions count. The community reward is supposed to be a token of appreciation for all of our hard work and time that makes their job easier for which they are properly compensated for so to take away my very first award or anyones award because they have designed an imperfect system is...pitiful. Your opinion is noted and taken into consideration. Thank you

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious 

Well... as far as PM is concern, you did not got an August community badge - ONLY September badge.  If you keep at asking moderator for it, moderator may create backend ticket for back office tech support to check.  

This is similar to your minutes or data usage.  It is your word against their system.  Their system will win.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I have never thought of this possibility as your renewal date is USUALLY the same or an earlier date each month (30 days). If the amounts are awarded every 30 days, I would think you would never have two in the same 30 day period. My feeling is that you deserve both awards and that PM should find a way to avoid this happening.

My October award was awarded on my renewal date October 4. And as far as I know, I have received all mine. I'm afraid to look closer as I don't think this is fair, and I hope PM will make it right. It's only $2. 

@ChuckYeah  I think you're on to something...that I may have missed. Is there a rule that you can't get 2 community rewards in one month? Or one 30 day period? This goes to the arguement that pm should either have monthly plans or 30bday community rewards. And it would likely that I will have another issue come February/March? Or public mobile shouldnt activate accounts from the 1st to the 6th of the month? It is only $2 but it was my very first community reward it actually symbolic and means more to me than the $10 reward i earned in September. And really this is how you reward hard working community members of essentially their volunteer time by taking away their reward that represents public recognition of the value of their time given helping others.

Hi there!

Both badges are for September Community rewards as mentioned on your earned badges page. The official announcement for September Community rewards that marks the bonuses given can be found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Top-Contributors-September-2019/m-p/437...

Anna, 

PM Mod

I have never thought of this possibility as your renewal date is USUALLY the same or an earlier date each month (30 days). If the amounts are awarded every 30 days, I would think you would never have two in the same 30 day period. My feeling is that you deserve both awards and that PM should find a way to avoid this happening.

My October award was awarded on my renewal date October 4. And as far as I know, I have received all mine. I'm afraid to look closer as I don't think this is fair, and I hope PM will make it right. It's only $2. 

Anna, I do realize you are trying to understand my point and seems trivial to be wasting your valuable time on $2. If you look at my public profile you will see i have earned 2 community reward badges. (They will not copy and paste)  One is for top 25 % ($2) and one is for top 5% ($10). If you go down farther in my profile on the right it will tell you when i joined the community. I believe august 21st as thats when i set up my self serve two weeks after switching to public mobile. As a result i can only have earned a maximum of two community rewards to date. You can see in my profile i have two badges. If you look in my transaction history i only have one for $10. If you look on my rewards earned so far... under community i have $10. As well if you add up all rewards so far it comes to $27. However both of those should total $12 and $29 respectively if you add in the top 25% reward for August of $2. Which was there but as I said was probably mistakenly removed because of the belief that you cannot have more than one community reward in any 30 day period. Perhaps a response from the community has come in.

•  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Hi there!

The $2 reward given on your renewal date is the auto pay bonus (you can see the exact info of each reward type over in your transaction history) Smiley Very Happy

Anna,

PM mod

Thanks Anna that is exactly my point. There was a $2 reward from august applied to my account i believe on sept 8th the day after my renewal to be applied on my october 7th renewal as per the reward rules in the help articles. It was there on oct 5th when i checked my balance for the upcoming renewal hiwever it disappeared when the $10 reward was applied to my account. Let me see if i can find copy and paste some proof. Thx

•  

I checked you profile and can't seem to find a Community reward dated for our August rewards, only for September.

Anna,

PM Mod

Hi there!

The September Community rewards is given in October Smiley Very Happy

Anna,

PM Mod

So are you telling me I should have 2 $10 rewards? One for August and one for September? The problem here is my renewal date was September 7th and also October 7th. I have asked the community for the exact date they were awarded in September to clarify the issue. If you look at my 90 day payment transaction history you will see there is only one community reward despite earning 2.

•  
Need Help? Let's chat.