cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community reward

Zarax
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys,

i am new in this community and I saw the article earn rewards by helping community but I don’t know how if anyone can help me with this that will be great. Thanks for your time

19 REPLIES 19

@Alan_K wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@SD08  awsome  i will use it when i need 🙂 .  From an experienced user  point of view you are right its not that complicated, but from a new user, it is overly complicated, information should be at ones fingertips , not needing a workaround.  Its especailly bad since PM is online only, but i guess that is the Public Mobile way. 

@Alan_K@David_J   is there a reason the KB was removed in with the redesign?  anyway of getting it back or as mentioned in another thread havd teh Get help categories more easily accessable?  and please dont say use SIMon.   

The Knowledge Base content has a new home in the "Get Help" Page (as Help Articles) where we constantly keep them up to date and the search is easier to use compared to Community. The ones in the Community (KBA) are hidden as they are no longer being updated and don't reflect accurate information.

@Alan_K  @mimmo @David_J  @SD08  from a new user and maybe old school too the knowledge articles are much more informative if not getting outdated. The help articles are ok in a bit of a dumb downed kind of way. Yes the search bar is a little more accurate but there is too many steps in between... and in my case I have a frozen page issue on that part of the site (I'm working on that fix) so it's impossible to deal with. I think the community forum gets flooded with the same questions because search is not user friendly enough, not well explained and requires university level research skills to know what to type in the search bar to get fewer choices to narrow down the answer. Sometimes less is more...and sometimes it's just more or less...ill just ask the question in the forum. New users need a simple, direct answers to common problems (glitches) those answers aren't there like: use the lost/stolen trick because you don't want to put on "paper" what's wrong with the pm system it doesn't look good. New users that participate in the community learn the fixes but those who don't when they experience a problem do the same thing...ask the forum because even if they read the help articles the answer is not really there. The amount of times in 6 weeks of being here that I have read...ive been a customer for over a year with Auto pay why do I have no service? That's why I tell everyone just manually top up your account. But pm doesn't tell you too..... As they say you have to own your sh*t, embrace it then you can overcome it. Imagine that announcement : Auto pay overhaul!! Now with 100% accuracy guaranteed or your next 30 days is on us!

Angelface
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Get acquainted with the community tab. Research questions to help answer.  I don't know but I think more Bravo's is a good thing

Zarax

Thank you so much I really appreciate your help and it was really helpful 

cdharris83

Hi there, once you have researched terms and conditions and feel comfortable that you are knowledgeable to answer peoples questions then you can sign up and answer any questions people have. Which for new users can be alot seeing as how there is no live personal to speak with. It's a great company great service !

SixPaxks

Thanks @computergeek541 

@SixPaxks wrote:

@mimmo Hey Mimmo, let's say you're top 1% in September, and you get 15 bucks off, is that $15 off a permanent perk? Or would you need to work towards that 1% again?

Cheers

Community rewards needs to be earned each month.

SixPaxks

@mimmo Hey Mimmo, let's say you're top 1% in September, and you get 15 bucks off, is that $15 off a permanent perk? Or would you need to work towards that 1% again?

Cheers

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K  thanks for the explanation.  it makes sense.  All you need to do now is unhide the information.    if you go to https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help  none of the info is there, unless you do a search,  I have to do a blank search  ie "    "  so that the categories show up so i can browse the items.  this is backwards and unintuitive, the info should be front and centre.  its even worse on the mobile version. 

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@SD08  awsome  i will use it when i need 🙂 .  From an experienced user  point of view you are right its not that complicated, but from a new user, it is overly complicated, information should be at ones fingertips , not needing a workaround.  Its especailly bad since PM is online only, but i guess that is the Public Mobile way. 

@Alan_K@David_J   is there a reason the KB was removed in with the redesign?  anyway of getting it back or as mentioned in another thread havd teh Get help categories more easily accessable?  and please dont say use SIMon.   

The Knowledge Base content has a new home in the "Get Help" Page (as Help Articles) where we constantly keep them up to date and the search is easier to use compared to Community. The ones in the Community (KBA) are hidden as they are no longer being updated and don't reflect accurate information.

mimmo

SD08

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous  great to know the kb articles are still around. Is there an easy way to find them if I don't have the link?

I do however  like the format/ layout of the get help articles, once you can view them,as they are more like a faq, not sure why public is trying so hard to hide them. 

'Course now they'll hide them even deeper.

I used DDG. Typed in "public mobile knowledge base" and the first result was it.

@mimmo 

If you don't have the KB link at hand, here is a way to access the full KB from the forum, as an alternative to going through an outside search engine:

1) In the PM forum search drop-down menu, select Knowledge Base to narrow results to KB articles. (This step can be skipped if you happen to know the exact title of any KB article you can enter into the search instead.)

PMAccessKnowledgeBase1.jpg

2) Type in any common term you might expect to find in the knowledge base, such as "reward" or "public." The results suggestions would then show a list of KB articles which you can then click on.

PMAccessKnowledgeBase2.jpg

3) After you click to any of the KB articles, there is a link above it that would bring you to the full list of KB articles.

PMAccessKnowledgeBase3.jpg

It sounds like a lot of steps, but if you're already in the PM community, it doesn't take long at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous  great to know the kb articles are still around. Is there an easy way to find them if I don't have the link?

I do however  like the format/ layout of the get help articles, once you can view them,as they are more like a faq, not sure why public is trying so hard to hide them. 

'Course now they'll hide them even deeper.

I used DDG. Typed in "public mobile knowledge base" and the first result was it.

mimmo

Anonymous
Not applicable

The prior knowledge base references are still here.

mimmo

@darlicious @Triguy  the knowledge base has been hidden and replaced by the help articles.  And even these are a pain to see.  I have to switch phone to desctop mode and do a blank search oe enter just a space to get the various categories.Screenshot_20190910_064149_com.android.chrome.jpg

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Spend sometime reading over previous posts and also check the knowledge base.  You can earn up to $15/month but the monetary reward is less then minumum wage if you spend a few hours each day.  Participate in the forum if you get more fulfillment helping others and the reward is an extra bonus.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Zarax 

It is easier to earn the lower amounts per month.  It takes a lot of time to earn the higher levels.  As we joke on the community forum, you can likely earn more money collecting bottles and cans on the street then spending time here.  Earning $20 is not reachable for most people, except for oracles.  $15/month likely need to spend at least 1-2 hours most days.  Less than minimum wage if you average it out.  

If you enjoy participating and helping others, then give it a try.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Zarax, as a new customer you should start by learning about the service.  When you acquire enough knowledge and feel comfortable with answering questions from other customers, then post replies to their inquiries.  Participation will be noted and those most helpful get rewarded on a monthly basis.  That is pretty much the process in a nutshell. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

You have to expand your knowledge of pm. Read the posts, go thru the articles in the help section or the knowledge base and just participate in the community.

Need Help? Let's chat.