cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community reward

coolfitz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
How can I earn community reward in money ?
12 REPLIES 12

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vballxox wrote:

From everyone's experience...how many posts/bravos are needed to be in the top 50%?

Your community rewards are based on a combination of your total participation statistics, including topics started, replies made, bravos received, bravos given, solutions authored, solutions marked accepted, lab ideas submitted, etc.  Only PM knows the formula by which all of these stats are combined.  There's no exact number of each stat required for any particular level, as that can change each month according to overall activity levels in the community.  From what I've seen, it really doesn't take much to make it to the top 50%.  Basically, anyone who makes any reasonable effort to participate should manage to achieve some level of reward. 

Look here and make your own guess: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/kudos/kudosleaderboardpage/category-id/Public_Mobile_...

BUT be aware Bravos are only part of the secret (from us) calculation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Vballxox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

From everyone's experience...how many posts/bravos are needed to be in the top 50%?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@coolfitz wrote:

@coolfitz In case you meant cash in your hand, the answer is no. All Rewards can only be used to reduce the cost of your plan; your plan cost is also the maximum allowed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@coolfitz wrote:

As others have mentioned, simply participate...and helping out with your knowledge goes even further, so try to get Bravos and "Accepted Solutions". And don't forget to Bravo others for posting good information.

There does seem to be a loose formula hanging out there, something like the top 50% ($2) top 5% ($4) and so forth.  What they don't tell you is how many posts, roughly, one needs to do to get to the top reward, and that likely, it's just the amount of posts, but rather the quality of posts (such as Bravo's and Accepted Solutions). And for good reason. We don't need spam here. Being helpful is the best way. And I am sure there some that don't post all that often that still get a good reward. 

Educate yourself on how PM works. And be helpful to those having issues. Any of us who do that are the first line that many users need to use. It saves PM money, gives us some rewards, if employee involvement isn't needed because some random user found the solution. 

@NDesai, exactly  that is why I had this in my first post

But honestly the dollar value compared to hours put in shouldn't be your reason to do it. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@SD08 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You can make more picking up cans and recycling them for a refund in a month than you can make here.

Ha... with how often this question comes up, maybe for variety we could vary the comparisons, rather than just the oft repeated 'recycling cans'.

E.g.
-returning shopping carts
-checking vending machines for loose change
-looking under the couch cushions

Cat Tongue

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Could add, loose change on the street, newspaper route,Tim Horton's roll up the rim in coffee and donuts

But we all know being here is more than just that Smiley Happy

Could add, loose change on the street, newspaper route,Tim Horton's roll up the rim in coffee and donuts

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You can make more picking up cans and recycling them for a refund in a month than you can make here.

Ha... with how often this question comes up, maybe for variety we could vary the comparisons, rather than just the oft repeated 'recycling cans'.

E.g.
-returning shopping carts
-checking vending machines for loose change
-looking under the couch cushions

Cat Tongue

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@coolfitz, as stated if you participate in the forum helping people with any bit of regularity you will earn some sort of reward I am sure.  But honestly the dollar value compared to hours put in shouldn't be your reason to do it.  You can make more picking up cans and recycling them for a refund in a month than you can make here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

In a word, participate.  Rewards are given out for participation in helping others with problems. The formula is apparently a well kept secret. 

Need Help? Let's chat.