cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community reward.. Top 50%

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

newbie question..

For community reward.. minimum to get a $1 is to become the top 50% of contributor.. that is around how many question or reply per month?  

I know it is different depends on how everyone contributes.. but anyone can tell me a brief number from experience?    

16 REPLIES 16

iamfernandan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the info. I was actually wondering that myself... I'll try my best too.

@hTideGnow 

As mentioned each month is different as far as participation goes so the top 25% and top 50% levels can vary wildly but can be achieved by most who make a habit of spending a few hours a week. Everything else can take some serious dedication. You can read the following threads....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Community-Rewards-Allocation/m-p/578760#M83...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Community-Stats/m-p/524238#M110720

This subject slways stirs up some passionate responses.....

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

newbie question..

For community reward.. minimum to get a $1 is to become the top 50% of contributor.. that is around how many question or reply per month?  

I know it is different depends on how everyone contributes.. but anyone can tell me a brief number from experience?    

Hi @hTideGnow Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

It is easy to get to the top 50%.  I wish you the best!

@NDesai wrote:

But if were to simply guess, may be 5-10 quality replies per day should get you there, someone correct me if i am wrong. 

It's more about quality than quantity. You can babble mindlessly all day without result. You can ride the wave of Bravos and Solutions achieved from a mere handful of intelligent and timely posts.

Quantity can itself be a quality - the more posts you make the more responses you'll get, it's just statistics and large numbers - but large number strategies take time. Don't plan on Community Rewards paying your monthly phone bill, it can take many valuable hours to earn that paltry fistful of loonies.

And you really have no way to predict or control how many other Community users will be active each month, so you really have no way to guarantee that you'll score a Top% category anyhow.

There's already a dozen threads about the criteria for Community Rewards. Along with all sorts of insightful (and all sorts of inane) speculations about how they might calculated.

The answer is that nobody really knows the exact formula PM uses to calculate this Reward, or what parameters are involved. Public Mobile has always been vague on these details, only telling us that they're being vague because they don't want people to exploit or gamify the system.

@Jb456 wrote:

Lowest I've seen was a person. Earning the $1 reward for a total of 8 posts and 4 of those posts simply said "thank you" 😂

I've seen cases of people doing nothing in a given month and receiving a Community reward. People are allowed to participate as much or little as they wish, but in my opinion, that shouldn't happen.

When ti comes to the way the rewards are calculated, the system often doesn't know the difference between a quality post and one that is posted only to increase the post count.  It also doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference betwen current particpation and bravos and solutions given for past participation (but done so in a future month).

@hTideGnow 

$2 off easy.....Auto-Pay or Auto-Pay Hybrid

$1-$5 off easy......$1 per year of Loyalty

$1 off some effort and patience.....referrals

$1 - $20 a lot of effort...but try and see, on Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : If you _have_ been doing your reading then you would also have seen the frequent joke around here of that it's more profitable for time spent to redeem bottle deposits. Or the other one...work an hour or so in a minimum wage job.

Just participate however and whenever you feel like it and whatever happens happens. Then do it again the next month if you wish (the community reward resets each month)

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

newbie question..

Statistician @darlicious should be able give you an idea. 

@hTideGnow  You just click on the person's username and you can see the badge after they are applied at the end of the month usually around 7 to 10th of next month.

Lowest I've seen was a person. Earning the $1 reward for a total of 8 posts and 4 of those posts simply said "thank you" 😂

that is interesting.. lol

but this is a friend of yours?  how do you know this stats?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow people that are new and start new topics asking there own questions like I'm having trouble porting, my internet is not working blah blah blah end up earning the $1 reward sometimes.

The forums are not configured with just people answering and helping with questions. I've suggested before that new members should be excluded for first week or two until they get set up but that did not go anywhere.

@hTideGnow wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

@hTideGnow from observing how much you've contributed. I would say you've already qualified, especially since you are a new customer

if you are the Top 50% for that month, you will get $1 off for sure?

I checked the page 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

i dont under the fine print *Different contributors are selected for each level.  Does that mean even you are Top50% , you might not get the $1 off?

@hTideGnow If you receive the Top 50% contributor badge you will receive the $1 off.

@gpixel wrote:

@hTideGnow from observing how much you've contributed. I would say you've already qualified, especially since you are a new customer

if you are the Top 50% for that month, you will get $1 off for sure?

I checked the page 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

i dont under the fine print *Different contributors are selected for each level.  Does that mean even you are Top50% , you might not get the $1 off?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow from observing how much you've contributed. I would say you've already qualified, especially since you are a new customer. 

if you follow @NDesai 5-10 replies a day you can probably reach top 25%. keep learning and asking questions like you're doing. then use the knowledge you've learned to help other customers

*if you receive a badge you will receive the reward

*Different contributors are selected for each level

different customers are selected for each level(top1%, top5%, etc) 

it depends how often you contribute in the community

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@hTideGnow Things have changed dramatically here so what it used be might not be the same. But if were to simply guess, may be 5-10 quality replies per day should get you there, someone correct me if i am wrong. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

newbie question..

@hTideGnow It's like asking how long is a piece of string lol. It really depends. Do your best and in no time you will be in that top 50%.

Need Help? Let's chat.