cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards

Ishabansal1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When do I start getting rewards for the community after I have signed up and posted my question in the community? 

13 REPLIES 13

mannycw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I guess it is not all about getting the rewards.  It is more about being able to help others of the community.  Good analogy about collecting bottle caps.  I think a better analogy would be to collect soda cans to crush, scrap metal, cardboard.  Then bring to a recycler to collect the cash (at least in a developing country, that's the case).

@Nikki-Chick wrote:

Thank you.

No problema.

Nikki-Chick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you.

@Nikki-Chick wrote:

how many questions I don't get it .it just says contribute so isn't asking one or answering one question still contributing. I would think if it's a max of 20 dollars community rewards per month then 1 post would get rewarded a portion of the 20.

Don't know why there's a line thru text.

Good question...there's a line thru the text because you clicked the S symbol up on the toolbar. If you un-click it, then that line will go away. You're encouraged to play with and experiment with those tools to see what happens...you won't break anything and we're here to help.

EDIT; click the Reply button and you'll see those tools on the Body portion of the dialogue box.

Nikki-Chick

how many questions I don't get it .it just says contribute so isn't asking one or answering one question still contributing. I would think if it's a max of 20 dollars community rewards per month then 1 post would get rewarded a portion of the 20.

Don't know why there's a line thru text.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ishabansal1 Welcome to PM! Reward from community is not always the case. But you can try but don't expect much.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ishabansal1 

Community reward will be awarded around 6th of each month if you meet the contribution requirement.  As usual, your rewards will be used to pay part of or all your 30 days fee on your next renewal date.

Don't count on getting too much for your time.  Members used to say that you get a better return for your time by collecting pop bottles.  But for the last couple of months, everyone are staying at home.  The contributors on this forum may make more money than the bottle collector.

Have a better and better days! 

@RS27 wrote:

You usually get once every 30 days up to 20 dollars.

This link gives full details on Community based rewards;

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

The amount you receive is based on you're how much you're contributing. Helping others with questions or posting your own. It's not always guarantee you'll get the rewards, though it's nice to help others.

FYI...only the Oracle group are eligible for $20 reward. The most we can expect at the level of common Forum contributor is $15 / 30 days.

The Oracle group are a few seasoned PM'ers who are held out to be the wisest of the wise !!  ...but not yet able to leap buildings in a single bound.  😎

@Ishabansal1  Please use these articles to better understand the system if you are interested.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/knowledge_base

And
 https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/helpful-community-tips

Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ishabansal1 wrote:

When do I start getting rewards for the community after I have signed up and posted my question in the community? 

Invest in some time reading about what makes Public Mobile tick. Read some of the archived posts for insight. Once you feel confident enough that you can contribute positive replies to questions...jump right in. You might even end up being awarded a "Solution". Spend a few hours in the Community Forums just reading is good start.

Lots of people don't think it's a wise use of time though. You have to want to help rather than want to make $$ at it. Better to collect pop bottles beside the road, it's been said.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ishabansal1 @Hi you will need to participate a lot more than 1 question lol

RS27

You usually get once every 30 days up to 20 dollars.

This link gives full details on Community based rewards;

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

The amount you receive is based on you're how much you're contributing. Helping others with questions or posting your own. It's not always guarantee you'll get the rewards, though it's nice to help others.

@Ishabansal1 wrote:

Community rewards are not a guaranteed thing, but you are eligible fo them immediately assuming that you've already activated your service and linked your self serve account to your Community account. These Community rewards are given out monthly for participation and helping others with questions.

Need Help? Let's chat.