cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards

lynds
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey everyone,

I'm new to public and was wondering how the community rewards work? How do you collect rewards? 

Thanks so much!

17 REPLIES 17

@esjliv wrote:

Also, note your SELF SERVE account and your COMMUNITY account must have the same email to award any rewards appropriately.

Another thing I learned is that not only do the email addresses have to be the same, but the CASE also has to be identical for the community reward to automatically apply to your account. For me a kiosk employee activated my account with the email in all caps, and finally figured it out via this forum and the mods after many months.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Oh ok, yeah, it was just the regular renewal text that says $2 autopay, community, loyalty, etc. have been applied.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 wrote:

@jor123 wrote:

Anyone seem to be missing community rewards this last month? I just got a text update with $0 again.

The "Community Rewards" aren't awarded until the 6th or 7th of the month is when the most are sent out. Not sure why you just got that text.

@jor123 

If you did not received a community reward badge around July 6 or 7, your last month contribution did not qualified for a reward.

@hairbag1 

@jor123 received a text message after renewal about the credit for each reward applied to her/his account.

@jor123 wrote:

Anyone seem to be missing community rewards this last month? I just got a text update with $0 again.

The "Community Rewards" aren't awarded until the 6th or 7th of the month is when the most are sent out. Not sure why you just got that text.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@maralyn66

Earning a community reward is like attending community college.....when you first start out you have to learn how to navigate the campus (forum). You have to decide which courses (boards) interest you, as you learn and retain knowledge you begin to feel more comfortable like you fit in.     

You have to do research (use the search bar) when your learning on your own. Other times some tutoring helps so you can ask questions (post your question in your own thread) and when you get the answer you seek you award the solution to the member (tutor) that helped the most.    

You can also give out gold stars by bravoing helpful posts. By the time you make it thru your first semester (30 day cycle) youll be able to start by answering the simple questions.....a few more semesters (3 or 4 months) and the completion of all your courses (read thru all the boards) and youll be ready to graduate the community college and start teaching on your own!

maralyn66

Thanks so much for the tip

maralyn66

I was wondering the same thing

yumyum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ya thanks

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lynds wrote:

Hey everyone,

I'm new to public and was wondering how the community rewards work? How do you collect rewards? 

Thanks so much!

Probably the easiest reward to take advantage of is the "Autopay Reward". Just use your credit card for payment and enable autopay and you'll get $2 off your plan cost every time it renews.

Even if you just want to pay with vouchers...just register the credit card, enable autopay but pay with your voucher a day or two before renewal...you'll still get the Autopay Reward.

"Refer a Friend Reward" gets you another $1 off every renewal too.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@lynds , @NewtVo help new people, answer questions, provide solutions... just add value to the community😉

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lynds Don't expect much from this community rewards. It is not counted on time but how useful your information provided and how many posts accepted as solutions. But welcome to PM!

lynds

Awesome, thank you so much! I hope I can help others out soon!

lynds

great! Thank you for your quick reply! 

NewtVo

@lynds You can also see the description from this image 

NewtVo_0-1595386940593.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @lynds,

Spend time on the Community reading posts and forums and learn all kinds of stuff. You can contribute by answer questions you can help with.

Here is a link for more info:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

Also, note your SELF SERVE account and your COMMUNITY account must have the same email to award any rewards appropriately.

Welcome aboard!

NewtVo

@lynds i'm also new to public mobile and kinda wondering about this reward too. I believe that you have to participate in the Community by reply, posting to earn badges. The more badges you earn the more likely you will get the reward in your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.