cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards

SamuelG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I think you get $1 for each question asked and for each answered. But not 100%. If you do get that $1 off you plan amount does that apply only for the 1 mth or is it applied every mth from then on? Not totally understanding how it all works. Tks

24 REPLIES 24

PM uses a secret formula that they don't divulge to determine community awards.  You would probably need to spend a few hours on average.  Referring friends and family would take less time to accumulate awards 

Lindsaylee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How does this work?

Lindsaylee

Say I'm aiming to earn just 2-3$ off of my bill... How much time do I need to spend on the forum?  How many questions do I need to ask or reply to to earn a dollar?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jimbobs wrote:

So, as clear as muddy water!  Thanks for your efforts to explain an unexplainable system. What you seem to be saying is ignore the badges and whatever you get is your award.  Got it!

PS I really don't care one way or the other as I'm not actively trying to reduce my bill using the Community Rewards.  However, it just amazes me that companies do this sort of thing to please their customers and then blow it by making the system so arbitrary and complex.

Agree.  The badge is just a symbol and nobody knows unless someone is looking into your profile.

Check between the 7th - 10th of each month to find out your community reward $ amount on your overview page.  Your community reward will be paid on your next renewal after you are rewarded.  After your renewal, the $ amount will be $0 until next month.

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So, as clear as muddy water!  Thanks for your efforts to explain an unexplainable system. What you seem to be saying is ignore the badges and whatever you get is your award.  Got it!

PS I really don't care one way or the other as I'm not actively trying to reduce my bill using the Community Rewards.  However, it just amazes me that companies do this sort of thing to please their customers and then blow it by making the system so arbitrary and complex.

popping

@jimbobs wrote:

@popping wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

This month, June 2020, I got the following new badges:

Top 50%

Top 25%

Top 10%

Top 5%

Top 1%

Oracle

So what Community Reward should I expect to see? Anyone?

What is the $ amount on your overview page next to the Community Reward after login?

For $15, you get 1%

For $10, you get 5%

For $5, you get 10%

For $2, you get 25%

For $1, you get 50%

For $0, you get nothing.

I don't understand your post. 

On my account main page, it shows Community Award $0.

When is your last renewal date?

PM posted the June community reward on early morning July 7, 2020 around midnight ET.

If your last renewal date was between July 7 and today July 14,

check you payment history for community reward payment on the renewal date. 

- If no, you did not get any community reward for June.

- If yes, the amount you reward you received is the reward for June.  Check the following picture  for the relationship between the $ amount and %.

If your last renewal date was not between July 7 and today July 14,

$0 community reward means your did not get any community reward for June.

community Reward.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jimbobs wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

@jimbobs from looking at your profile you recieved the 25% reward which was $2

look at the 3 badges under your "latest posts". the first badge is your most recent award that you've received

There are 6 badges under my latest post.  The first (leftmost) is April 25% which would explain the $0 Community Award.  So how or why did all the June badges appear in my profile?  

There have been times when many of us get all the badges for a month. The badges are mostly meaningless other than an indication.

What matters is the rewards area dollar value. You also need to keep in mind that the community reward is monthly and gets reset. It usually distributes in the first week of a month. If you renew shortly after that then the reward will convert to Available Funds at renewal and reset out.

Edit: my badges for June 2020

mybadgesJune2020.JPG

I had this problem in May too so that's the 50% there which is wrong according to my actual reward.

I'm not an Oracle. I didn't get in to 1%. Notice the date under 5%. That's the real one.

You:

jimbobsbadges2020.JPG

You have a peculiar December thing going on. It looks like you had 50% for January. Then 25% for April. But others don't see all the spurious badges. Only you see yours.

jimbobs

@gpixel wrote:

look at the 3 badges under your "latest posts". the first badge is your most recent award that you've received

There are 6 badges under my latest post.  The first (leftmost) is April 25% which would explain the $0 Community Award.  So how or why did all the June badges appear in my profile?  

jimbobs

@popping wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

Top 50%

Top 25%

Top 10%

Top 5%

Top 1%

Oracle

What is the $ amount on your overview page next to the Community Reward after login?

For $15, you get 1%

For $10, you get 5%

For $5, you get 10%

For $2, you get 25%

For $1, you get 50%

For $0, you get nothing.

I don't understand your post. 

On my account main page, it shows Community Award $0.

jimbobs

@Daps wrote:

@jimbobs Unfortunately looks like you didn't earn any community reward for june.
The badges you actually earned have to have the date earned underneath the badge.

So where did these badges come from then? This is from my profile:

June Badges.jpg

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jimbobs Unfortunately looks like you didn't earn any community reward for june.
The badges you actually earned have to have the date earned underneath the badge.

popping

@jimbobs wrote:

Top 50%

Top 25%

Top 10%

Top 5%

Top 1%

Oracle

For $15, you get 1%

For $10, you get 5%

For $5, you get 10%

For $2, you get 25%

For $1, you get 50%

For $0, you get nothing.

jimbobs

Top 50%

Top 25%

Top 10%

Top 5%

Top 1%

Oracle

nickelante

I'd like a Wonder Woman costume please, ha ha.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SamuelG wrote:

So I think you get $1 for each question asked and for each answered. But not 100%. If you do get that $1 off you plan amount does that apply only for the 1 mth or is it applied every mth from then on? Not totally understanding how it all works. Tks

Public Mobile lore has it that it's probably better to collect pop / beer bottles beside the road. Redeem the bottles and pay for next renewal !  😎

fdrcamb519

@SamuelG 

It’s based in costumers helping fellow costumers and as a bonus of appreciation we get community rewards, I’ve  Heard some relate That some months they contributed less but got more rewards, as mentioned no one knows formula

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@SamuelG wrote:

I have seen others post information like this and it is completely false!!  As others have stated it is a secret formula and pays well below minimum wage.  We are probably talking cents/hour spent here.  For it to be worth your while here in the community you really need to just want to help people out and treat any community reward as a nice bonus for your efforts.  

Welcome to PM and enjoy!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is based on a secret formula that PM does not divulge.  Read over past solutions and threads.  You could potentially earn an award.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reward-rules

popping

@SamuelG wrote:

No, you don't get $1 for each asked and for each answered.

Asked 2 members who got the top 1% reward ($15) on how many answer they provided in June.

It is a secret formula on how PM award the monthly community reward.  Your contribution effort each month will determine which reward you will get.  

@SamuelG 

1. Auto pay - 2 dollars per cycle

2. Community - 1.00 to 15.00 

3. Referrals - Boast to all your family how you are saving money and can get them an extra ten bucks and that it will help you out as well. 

4. Loyalty - Stick around and you'll get this,,1 doller each year up to five years

@SamuelG 

We all wish that we could get $1 per question answered.  

It is easier to earn the lower amounts per month.  It takes a lot of time to earn the higher levels.  As we joke on the community forum, you can likely earn more money collecting bottles and cans on the street then spending time here.  Earning $20 is not reachable for most people, except for oracles.  $15/month likely need to spend at least several hours each day.  Less than minimum wage if you average it out. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@SamuelG  here's a link to how the reward system works.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules .Welcome to the community. Stay safe 

shep22

@SamuelG wrote:

@SamuelG Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $15 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times.

Need Help? Let's chat.