cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards?

hhanson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Approximately how much involvement do you have to have on these community boards in order to be rewarded?

How soon do you know if you get rewards for involvement?

Wondering if it is worth the effort... lol 

21 REPLIES 21

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Im here to help out if possible, and if I earning a reward, then great. Spenting time reading, we will learn more about PM. I have never earned more then $1 for posting per month. 

@akrit wrote:

Yeah, I also wanted to know how to get community rewards?

And does it be given every month or it is only given depending on the involvement for that particular month?

@akrit  you can check out this Help Article https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=rewards

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@akrit wrote:

And does it be given every month or it is only given depending on the involvement for that particular month?

@akrit   It will always depend upon not only your involvement in any given month, but also how many others participate too in each month. 

akrit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lowufo

Definitely not in it for the money. I have spent a fair amount of time here and have never seen more than $2

Be like me. Do it for the badges. Lol.

KellyMarianne

I haven't been on in awhile but there aren't a lot of topics that interest me, I'm not very techy and there's not a lot going on in The Lounge either.

@LoveMyBolt wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I am going to mention this before @ShawnC13 does.  For the money, we are better off collecting empty bottles on the curbside.   

wetcoaster already did in the second actual answer. 🙂

It is an inside joke.  

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

I am going to mention this before @ShawnC13 does.  For the money, we are better off collecting empty bottles on the curbside.   

wetcoaster already did in the second actual answer. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am going to mention this before @ShawnC13 does.  For the money, we are better off collecting empty bottles on the curbside.  Many of us are here for the good feeling of helping others, working with our service provider to better the product, and a bit of social interaction.  

Lowufo

I only do it to help others out. The most I have earned is $2 for the month so anyone who thinks they can answer a few questions and get a big reward is wrong.

Definitely it's not worth the effort and time you spend here when comparing to the reward you get as others have mentioned. However, some of us started and still continuing just to help others out or provide helpful contents for everyone. So if you are here just to earn community rewards, my advice would be to not chase it. You would rather want to just be here for the sake of helping/guiding others. 

@hhanson @kathrynh  It all depends what youre in it for... if you want to learn all about public mobile, learn how to manage your account and troubleshoot your phone, help your friends, family and other customers and along the way refer some people to get rewards and earn a $1 or $2 in community rewards as well then you'll enjoy the experience.....ive turned my time here into the public mobile community college diploma program studying everything from computer basics, phone tech stuff, cellular networks, rewards and saving money, counselling and customer service.

It's also a positive, social and inclusive online community forum....very rare these days!

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It seems spending many hours in the community is no guarantee of receiving a reward. PM has no set guidelines regarding this. Members will learn a lot and be able to help the community and if rewards come, great. If not, enjoy community time.

@kathrynh , @hhanson You'll likely receive a few cents per hour at best. The real reward is in helping people and using your noggin for the benefit of the community.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@hhanson wrote:

Approximately how much involvement do you have to have on these community boards in order to be rewarded?

This comes up again and again... so you'd find several fairly recent threads about it with a simple search.

The formula is only known by Public Mobile (to curb gaming of the system), and the rewards allocated also depend on the overall contribution during the month in question.

Consensus is that

a) the main reward is the satisfaction of being able to help

b) you should not quit your day job

c) you get the better ROI for time spent returning empties to your recycling depot (where applicable)

d) the 50% rewards are, relatively speaking, easy to get with a lower but regular quality contribution, 10% and up require lots of hours a week, the people in the top 1% are essentially camping out here (oracles rank is by invitation only [longstanding, extremely knowledgeable community members])

If you have the time, stop by regularly, read lots and provide accurate information on current threads if you can. Any rewards for a given month would be handed out sometime late in the first / early second week of the next month, ie December 2019 rewards will likely show up towards end of next week.

Edit: added information for clarity

That very last question is the easiest one to answer!

No, it is NOT Worth it (from a time invested / $ reward perspective). At least a couple hours a day for $2 or maybe $5 a month. You won't get to $10 on a couple hours a day!

AE_Collector

hhanson

kathrynh

I was wondering the same!

Need Help? Let's chat.