cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Do we get our badges for our community level once we get go that level or when the community rewards are given out each month?

5 REPLIES 5

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cavemantoronto wrote:

Badges don't do much but show others your community history.  I don't think it would matter to many people if they got rid of badges.  

@cavemantorontoat first glance theses badges appear to be pure aesthetic and when you've been with PM for a while and received quite a few, they might not have much of a significance.  But to some it might represent an award for their achievement, for example when you receive a sticker for a job well done, or to other something they want to collect. For me when i see the badges of a fellow community, I see their contribution/effort they provided to PM.  While they might not have much use, if your strip everything to the bare bones or to the necessities, you might miss the vibrant notes that makes this forum entertaining and enjoyable.  For example when @Alan_K posts the monthly contests, I quite enjoyed the Calling all sibling day post.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Dylan3 wrote:

Do we get our badges for our community level once we get go that level or when the community rewards are given out each month?

Badges don't do much but show others your community history.  I don't think it would matter to many people if they got rid of badges.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dylan3 wrote:

Badges were on hiatus for a couple months there.

The rewards are distributed around the 6th or so each month. Then as mentioned it varies for the badges or even the Top Contributors thread. The Feb one was later Mar.

But usually not long after the rewards have been distributed.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dylan3 wrote:

Community badges are giving to the forum members who contributed to help other members with issues and questions for the each month.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Dylan3 It varies, some seem to be automatic and others, like top contributors, are given out at the same time.
Need Help? Let's chat.