cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards

terrif
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First month and I recieved $2 Community Rewards, Plus $2 Autopay!  I love how cheap my bill is!  It is less than half of what I was previously paying. 

19 REPLIES 19

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As someone who is new around here, I'll echo the comment that the savings are not the reason to do so. The effort involved for the amount you might get back is disproportionate. 

However, I do think that the idea that you might get recognized with some value does encourage participation. 

madziara166

a) rewards levels fluctuate with total of participating members

b) as mentioned many times when it comes to these kind of questions: If you are doing this for the money you are better off collecting beer bottles / cans and bringing them to the recycling depot (that's how it works out here in BC anyway).

Read, participate, be helpful if you can provide an answer - and the rewards will follow.

Im not doing this for money, also dont have to collect empty bottles/cans to pay my bills 😕

Just was curious how it works.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It depends on how many active members there are. The formula is unknown but posts Bravos etc all contribute. Participate as much as you want and see why happens. 

@madziara166 wrote:

how active do you have to be to recive $2 community reward? How many posts/questions/answers a month?

I would love to get some disscount in my first month . It is a sweet deal !! 😉

@madziara166 wrote:

how active do you have to be to recive $2 community reward? How many posts/questions/answers a month?

@madziara166 

a) rewards levels fluctuate with total of participating members

b) as mentioned many times when it comes to these kind of questions: If you are doing this for the money you are better off collecting beer bottles / cans and bringing them to the recycling depot (that's how it works out here in BC anyway).

Read, participate, be helpful if you can provide an answer - and the rewards will follow.

madziara166

terrif

I had a few minutes of no cell service last night.  The call dropped and took a few minutes before I was able to make a call.  Odd!

@ohitstyler

No real way to find out.  When the community rewards are award early each month, it just get to your self service account.  As long as the email addresses are the same...

ohitstyler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah the email is the same.

Is there a way to see if they got linked together successfully?

@ohitstyler

Yes, you link the accounts by having the same email address for your self service account and your community account.  

ohitstyler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do I have to associate my community account with the public mobile account

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@terrif wrote:

First month and I recieved $2 Community Rewards, Plus $2 Autopay!  I love how cheap my bill is!  It is less than half of what I was previously paying. 

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I actually recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

@terrif wrote:

I don't even mind not having a call center.  Any question or issue I have had is always answered in a timely fashion on the Community.  Thanks!

The real quality of service reduction is when the moderator team is needed to do something to the account caused by a system problem.  Normally the problem will be looked at within a few hours.  However, if the issue is part of a system problem, a day or two of down time is much longer than compared to any other service.  The question is the risk of the odd day of lost service worth the savings.  So far I would say so as I have been lucky to avoid any service disruptions.

terrif

I don't even mind not having a call center.  Any question or issue I have had is always answered in a timely fashion on the Community.  Thanks!

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@terrif Yes $2 is the Top 25%, $1 is top 50%.  Keep being a positive contributor to the forum, provide as much detailed help and guidance as you can.  Present interesting and insightful discussions and thoughts on topics related to PM and the industry, and you'll go from Top 25% to even higher in no time.   Smiley LOL

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@terrif, sweet.  Nice to hear your bill is already half of what you were paying before, and now you're getting an extra $2 guaranteed for auto-pay, and keep in mind every year you stay you get an automatic loyalty credit, and I recommend referring people who you think can use PM's style of service/platform for more credits.  And I'm sure once you get the hang of using and responding to the Community Forum, you'll get even more excited when you see your Community credits hit those higher amounts.  Imagine getting $10 off your bill for one month.  As much as I don't mind having a call centre available if I have problems, but I'd rather get $$$ off my bill and I'll find a way to deal with my problems, lol.  Plus the MODS and Oracles do a great job anyways.

Welcome to Public Mobile "Where reduced bills happen" Smiley LOLHeart

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It doesn't take much:) welcome.

terrif

Does $2 of Community Rewards mean top 25%??  That would be cool for the first month! 

vp6853

I agree.  I love the options that allow you to lower your bill.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is why many of us are here, no frills service at rock bottom prices with rewards opportunities to make costs even lower.

Need Help? Let's chat.