cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards Criteria

mther
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just recently switched over to Public Mobile and was wondering if posting questions in the community also gain you “points” towards the community rewards? Or is answering questions the only qualifier? It wasn’t super clear to me - any input would be much appreciated!

23 REPLIES 23

@Jb456 

Perhaps they should. Similar to the oracles insisting on the community be based on "help" I've always argued that they are ignoring the "share ideas" part of the motto.

@darlicious  PM can fix it by changing "Help" to "Participate In" the community.

@Jb456 

Ok.....and when you read that article help is only mentioned in the title the rest says:

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times.The following table shows how Community Rewards are allocated:

So i would still say "help" is only relative to the actual reward.

@darlicious 

I was referring to this. 

Screenshot_20201212_200714.jpg

@Jb456 wrote:

Only My own opinion I still think it's a good idea because the community reward does say "Help The Community"..Not "Get helped"

@Jb456 

Heres the header on the landing page......while we disagree on new community members getting rewarded for asking questions the community reward does say its based on participation not specifically for only for gjving help so in my opinion the participation is based on the motto of getting and giving help and sharing ideas!

Welcome to the Community The place to get help, give help and share ideas

@softech  you're right it is hard to determine quality post and most do disappear.

I look at it as Quality vs Quantity. As most know it's about Quantity to get a reward. I see at times just posts "contact mods" when sometimes the issue could be fixed within the community. 

When I first started posting like August 2019. Some of the Oracle's were great in mentoring me. They'd remind me that it's not always best to take the easy route to simply be the first person to possibly get the solution but to try and supply all the information that is possible to see if the issue can be sorted out on the forums without having the moderators get sent more work.

The other thing I learnt from the Oracle's which was truly great. Is to remember you're not just answering the OPs question but write your post for future readers that may have a similar issue.  Basically saying. So when you see a question, you know how they can fix their issue but you also know 3 other things can be the same issue. Write it all out to help the OP and future readers with a similar issue.

I still try to do it that way sometimes but when you're done writing and hit post there are like 6 people that have already answered and a solution marked with contact mods. Lol so it's pick and choose these days if I decide to do it that way or not.

Anyways rant over lol. It's still a great reward system regardless. Something PM does not have to offer but does. It's nice to see you more active on the forums. Please continue when you have time 😉

@Jb456 

i understand it's not human but system, i just want to point out it's hard to determine what are quality posts and what are not..it's easy to treat just a "Thank you" post as no good.. but so many marginal calls

on the other hand.. i don't mind to give new comer some chance for their first month.. i guess give them the incentive.. let them earn some .. and hopefully they can stay.. 

If they just disappear after first month.. it's ok. just $1 for PM... for the rest of the contributor.. yes.. slightly unfair.. but.. honest.. new comer might contribute 5 posts with another 15 "thank you" posts.. i think it's ok..  🙂

@softech  It's not a human that goes through all the posts each month. Public Mobile uses Khoros Community software to power the forums.

Example like the live chat and stuff. Different companies use different software providers that suit their companies needs. Example if it was a different system and not forums PM might have considered LivePerson (this is just talking as an example) where that software offers a full ticketing / email system and live chat system.

Anyways one thing that all these different software providers have in common are the reports. You can run the reports to your choosing but you are limited to the columns. Picture PM forums like a huge Excel file. Each column represents something. Bravo's, solutions, posts, tags, active time, member since, month, custom date range,etc, etc.

So they just select what they want the report to spit out. Download the CSV file that the software provides for the report. See the usernames and now they have their list of reward earners.

I have suggested in the past that new sign-ups should be excluded in the first month's rewards or at least two weeks. So it gives them time to ask there own questions (like my data is not working) and to get accustomed to not thinking it's like a chat writing 4 thank yous instead of one. With the option of Oracle's having a tick button to included them for rewards based on how the new member is posting or if it's an old member that has a new account or Wtv else. That didn't go anywhere unfortunately. Only My own opinion I still think it's a good idea because the community reward does say "Help The Community"..Not "Get helped" 

@Jb456 wrote:

@HALIMACS  no need to test. The system does not look at quality posts  it looks at how many posts. It can't tell if the post is a storey or one dot.

I understand the frustration, 8 thank you = $1 vs 40 long stories for $2.  However, sometime it is hard to define quality post or not .. there are restriction for the system to decide or can be judgmental /bias if decide by human.. and of course, time consuming as well.  I guess it is no best solution.  🙂

bros3n
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

searching the community for answers is a great way to get accustomed to they public mobile system. the system mods are really quite helpful through SiMon or by using your chat bot . 

bros3n
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thank you very much

@HALIMACS  PM can tweek their reports or i should say customize. But that's really only customizing what columns you want the system to pull in the CSV file report.

Date range, bravo count, total posts made, solutions.

Or do you want to search for example.

Date range, total posts, solutions and not Bravo's.

Like one big excel file where each different action is a column. There is no column that says "Detailed" (Total Characters in a post must be over 500 characters) lol there is just "Total Post".

Hi @Jb456 

Interesting.  (LOL - i just did it)

@HALIMACS  no need to test. The system does not look at quality posts  it looks at how many posts. It can't tell if the post is a storey or one dot.

There's not really a secret formula. Remember these forums are powered by Khoros. So if you do some googling you can find out what Khoros can and can't do as far as reports go. If someone asks 5 questions in their post the person answering would fair better answering each question in a seperate reply than all together.

It's just how I want the edit feature for personal details but can't because I'm not an Oracle. When all it is a click of the button.

examplepermissions.png

Anyways in June or July I seen one person earn a $1 for a total of 8 posts. They asked a question. 4 of their posts said "thank you".

Then a person with 41 posts earned $2. They asked a few questions of their own issues, commented on a few threads, and a few posts reviewing the service.

Anyways if you do Google searches digging into Khoros Community software reporting features you'll see what the system can and can't do. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @mther 

It is based on "activity" in the Community and being "helpful".

It seems that from time to time, Public Mobile may tweak what metrics qualify as being indicators of active and helpful - it really ought to be based on quality vs quantity.

It would be interesting for a user to reply only "Thank you" to hundreds of posts over the course of a month, just to see if they receive a reward to test the above 'quality vs quantity' provision.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mther Public Mobile won't say how they decide on the rewards. For asking questions, go ahead if you're really asking but try not to ask questions that you already have the answer to. This Community is good for getting pepple with insight to explan a spefific question but it's not a substitute for your own reading and research. The Get Help pages has

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mther wrote:

I just recently switched over to Public Mobile and was wondering if posting questions in the community also gain you “points” towards the community rewards? Or is answering questions the only qualifier? It wasn’t super clear to me - any input would be much appreciated!

Asking questions may be a small portion of the secret formula, but the long term people who are earning the highest rewards aren't really asking questions they are answering them.  It is also important when posting advice that it is accurate and correct.  This community and business model is only as good as the information provided.  If you are unsure of something either wait for others to answer or do a little research.  You can learn a lot from the other members here and you will quickly be gaining knowledge to help out other customers.

Welcome to PM and enjoy the savings

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also that the community reward resets each month. It isn't just a one shot, ever after thing. You need to keep doing it if you wish to keep earning the reward.

mther

Perfect thanks so much!

mther

Great thank you!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@mther wrote:

Participation is key to getting a community reward. There is a secret formula to calculating community rewards that only PM knows, but it is a combination of solutions, bravos, questions, etc.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

The Community Reward - Public Mobile

Basically depends on how many postings / replies everyone have and if you are Top 50% or so.. you will get some reward.. but it all depends on overall replies.. hard to tell how many you need 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mther  It is more answering people's questions. If you did a bunch of posts asking your own questions. Then reply to people's messages the system may give you a $1 reward depending on all that activity but it's mostly for people that are on here ( we are all customers like you) helping out.

Welcome to the community forums! Always nice to see someone new that wants to help out.

Start with the below link on how to navigate the forums.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/How-to-Navigate-the-Community/m-p/609974

Then start playing around in your self serve account to learn where everything is. Click this for that click this for this.

Then do the same in the help articles. Read this, read that, here this will help you for the potential person asking.

After that start reading posts on the forums of people's questions and see how members respond to them. Remember detailed informative posts are best.

Now you should start feeling comfortable with everything. So hop on the forums when you have free time and start answering people's questions when new question's are posted. 

For your effort at the end of each month you may just earn a reward between $1 to $15 dollars. $20 is reserved for Oracle's. 

Enjoy!

Need Help? Let's chat.