cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards Broken

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Community badges have been given out over 2 weeks ago, and my community reward still hasn't appeared in my account yet. I tried messaging a moderator and they said it would be fixed in 2-3 days. It's been over a week and still no update.

21 REPLIES 21

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CalvinW wrote:

@Jorno No, unfortunately not. They told me to message them again when its near my renewal date. That's why I'm less active on here than before, because there's a high chance I won't even get the community rewards paid out. I heard referral rewards are even more difficult to resolve. Sorry I couldn't provide much help other than to wish you good luck and try again with the moderators.

Thanks, @CalvinW.  Sorry to hear your problem was not resolved.  It's a shame that you have become so discouraged that you participate less in the community.

CalvinW

@Jorno No, unfortunately not. They told me to message them again when its near my renewal date. That's why I'm less active on here than before, because there's a high chance I won't even get the community rewards paid out. I heard referral rewards are even more difficult to resolve. Sorry I couldn't provide much help other than to wish you good luck and try again with the moderators.

Jorno

@CalvinW wrote:

I sent multiple private messages already, but the issue still isn't resolved yet. The promised 2-3 business days became 2-3 weeks. I'm starting to lose faith

@CalvinW, did you ever get your community rewards issue resolved?  My referral rewards issue (posted here) is still unresolved.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@CalvinW Hey CalvinW, sorry to hear that your issue didn't get solved yet. I understand this issue and I'd like you to open a private message. I'll personally take a look at it for you.

CalvinW

@CS_Agent I sent multiple private messages already, but the issue still isn't resolved yet. The promised 2-3 business days became 2-3 weeks. I'm starting to lose faith

Jorno

@Luddite wrote:

Yes. The system cannot be adjusted for Referrals after they go missing. My only thought is to have your friends send private messages to the moderators confirming they did, in fact, enter your phone number during their account activation. 

At the risk of hijacking this topic but in the interest of sharing information that might help others...

I made my first referral in Nov 2017.  The correct phone number was listed in my self-serve account and I received my referral reward on my Jan 2018 renewal.

Prior to my April 2018 renewal, I switched from 90-day to 30-day renewal and noticed the Refer-a-Friend reward balance was $0.  After confirming with my referral that they were still with PM, I contacted the moderators to question the missing reward.  I was informed it was normal for there to be a $0 balance and that the reward would display on the date of my renewal.  My April 2018 renewal arrived with no Refer-a-Friend reward.  Moderators were informed and after a confirmation that my referral was still active with Public Mobile, I was manually credited a referral reward (thank you PM).  A ticket was opened to investigate the issue.

I made a second referral towards the end of April (after my renewal).  Now, both referrals are listed, each with the correct phone number, in my self-serve account; however, the reward balance is still $0.

My May 2018 renewal arrived with no Refer-a-Friend reward.  Moderators were again informed.  This time, I was informed that the update on the ticket indicated that my first referral was on expired state and that is the reason the system did not credit the Refer-a-Friend reward to my account.  If those are the rules, so be it.  I have not been able to confirm with my first referral; however, I was able to confirm with my second referral that their account was still active with Public Mobile at the time of my renewal.  I am awaiting a response as to why that referral did not generate a referral reward.

I hope the above was clear.  I am not trying to have missing referrals or failed referrals added to my account.  I am trying to understand why the referrals that are active and listed in my account are not being credited with a referral reward.

Maybe someone will look at your issue again tomorrow; it is another day. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CalvinW

@Luddite Thanks for the suggestions! It always shows up in my account once the badges are given out. Not sure why it's still not there and nothing is being done about it, oh well... I will just pretend they stopped offering community rewards and move on.

@Jorno wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, I've been working with PM for over a month now trying to correct missing Refer-a-Friend rewards... Smiley Frustrated

Yes. The system cannot be adjusted for Referrals after they go missing. My only thought is to have your friends send private messages to the moderators confirming they did, in fact, enter your phone number during their account activation. 

@CalvinW wrote:

@Luddite No, still shows $0 under community rewards in my account. 

Are you sure it's not just a timing issue?  My Rewards seems to show up at different times every month.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am sure they will make a manual adjustment until things are corrected.  I had issues with referrals.  It took two cracks, two weeks each to obtain near perfect resolution.  I lost a couple of referrals that I could not corroborate and so I called it a day.  I am trying to be more diligent in tracking referrals going forward.  The problem is I have no means of tracking people coming and going.  Long story short, it's hard to sustain angst over something that one cannot control.

Jorno

@CalvinW wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, I've been working with PM for over a month now trying to correct missing Refer-a-Friend rewards... Smiley Frustrated

CalvinW

@CalvinW Sorry, I'm confused. Were your Rewards adjusted properly? 

CalvinW

UPDATE: The whole process of trying to get my community rewards corrected took 2 weeks and nothing was done. I give up. What a waste of time.

CalvinW

@CS_Agent Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

CalvinW

I've been with PM for over a year and never had any issues with rewards, until now.

But once you have an issue, it's almost impossible to fix.

I've talked to 3 different moderators and they all said they will help me a submit a ticket number to get it fixed. Over a week later, still nothing...

And another quirk: if you have changed your login email address to something different from that used when creating the account, you must notify the moderators. One's login email address can be changed in self serve WITHOUT updating the account email address.

MEU_21

Does your community account and PM phone account have the same email? If not, you are not getting anything.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I just checked my account.  I see the reward has been issued.  Your account may be an outlier. 

cmatassa

@CalvinW can I ask you how Community Rewards generally work?  I'm brand new to Public Mobile so not sure how this works.

Need Help? Let's chat.