cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Community Reward

IWIK wrote:
Your accumulated credits go towards your next bill. So if your bill was going to be $120 it will be $108 (for example)

And yes. Your participation in the forums is gets you community rewards. Replies marked as solutions, kudos, etc

@Wisewoman it's as @IWIK has noted above.  The community rewards are for your participation here in the Public Mobile Community forum.  Every month, usually by the end of the 1st week of the month or early 2nd week, PM posts a thread in the Announcements section that lists the top contributors, and arond that same time, anyone that has earned a community reward credit for the month will see it applied in the rewards section of their self-serve account.  At the time of your next renewal, the system applies any rewards you have accured (commnity rewards, autopay rewards, referral rewards) toward your plan cost first, and then charges your credit card (if you have auto pay enabled) for the remainder + tax.  You do not have to acumulate enough to conver a full renewal, it applies whatever you've accumulated at each renewal.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Wisewoman

The community rewards that you have are for participating in Public mobile community. So for example, you ask your questions, answer to others, post a new idea, etc. in the PM community. By being active here, you gain credits which will be dedacted when you will have your bill for the month or 3month. In my case, I get 2-4$ off/month for being active in the community.

Hope that it answers your question,

Fara

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wonder if they changed something...only got $1 for August Man Sad

Oracle

@canucks4life, not sure I got $6

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

canucks4life wrote:

Wonder if they changed something...only got $1 for August Man Sad

A specific amount of contribution each month won't always get the member the same amount of community rewards.  The amounts are relative to the contributions and rewards earned by all other member during that month. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Suppose to show right away 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How disappointing.  Not that I'm not happy to help out in a virtual way. 

But I was so impressed to think that Public Mobile was a company that was motivated to do good works in the community & to motivate & reward it's customers to do the same. It's one of the deciding factor that swayed me to sign up with this company that doesn't offer REAL help to their clients,  have any offices or offer current phones for sale.

Mayor / Maire

What are you going on about. Do you have a specific problem? Public Mobile doesn’t sell any phones, not just current ones. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not going to get into an argument with a stranger on a community help board asking me "what are you going to do about it?"

I simply stated my disappointment. 

I suppose I will continue to do my volunteer work in my community as I  always have. And continue to hope that corporations will get on board eventually. 

Mayor / Maire

@Rockdaddy22 you may not have read @Wisewoman's post correctly.  She is stating that she's disappointed that the "community" rewards do not refer to being rewarded for volunteering and doing good in your community (like, the real world--volunteering at your local food bank or soup kitchen or any number of other community volunteer opportunites out there), but rather are for helpful participation here in the Public Mobile online "community" forums.  I can see how, at a quick glance, one might make the assumption it is for recognizing real-world volunteering.  

@Wisewoman I think the devil is always in the details.  Clicking on the Learn More link under the Community rewards blurb on the Rewards page does lead you to this very thread in which we are now participating.  Even reading just the first paragraph makes the distinction pretty clear:

"You can earn Rewards based on your participation and contribution on the Public Mobile Community.  What do you need to do?  Helpful things like posting and answering questions, getting Bravos and Accepted Solutions from other members, and posting new content or starting lively discussions.  Basically, you can earn Rewards for being an active member of the Public Mobile online Community."

I'm delighted that you like to volunteer in your own communities and of course would encourage you to do so.  Doing that kind of work, quite frankly, is much more rewarding than sitting at a keyboard or phone and posting here.  Thank you for helping out your real-world community!  Smiley Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.