Did you mean: 

Community Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 25, 2018

The Community Reward

How does it work?

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times. You can read our Community Terms of Service here.

The following table shows how Community Rewards are allocated:

1.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
463 REPLIES 463

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Enzio wrote:

I have helped out too many people still no reply for my bonuses. ??

This is your first post?  Do you have another account that you have been using to help people?

@ShawnC13  LOL did you just catch a gamer in the act?  Or perhaps just someone with expectations waaaaay off the map.  Either way, good work.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Enzio wrote:

This is your first post?  Do you have another account that you have been using to help people?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@EnzioGo check your account details. If you got the reward for Febuary, it should have been applied already to your account in the rewards section.

Enzio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tristenr17

A great thing to work with 🙂

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice work,if you are on auto pay you will recieve $2 off your bill every month.Every year being with public will earn you $1'a month off your bill up to a maximum of $5 off your bill at year 5 with public,loyalty rewards. You also recieve $1 off your bill a month for every person you refer to public mobile. With public mobile the rewards are unbelievable.

ruif71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just recieved my first credit today after a couple of weeks on PM.

Wasn't even expecting it.  Its a great program for just helping others in the community.

@Mamabear1596 wrote:

Been trying a while to figure out this. Why is there 2 different accounts 1 for phone service and one for community chat?

Because the community is open to all so people can have an account here without having a service with PM.  Many people will join the community to do some research and learn about Public Mobile before they join

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mamabear1596

Been trying a while to figure out this. Why is there 2 different accounts 1 for phone service and one for community chat?

Felixbthe1

Just post solutions to help people with their problems. Others will see your solutions and perhaps you will get bravo's. Remember help people for the sake of helping people not just to get a Dollar or two off your bill,plans are reasonably priced with Public Mobile, it's not like you're with Bell Mobility and Rogers.

Felixbthe1

Just post solutions to help people with their problems. Others will see your solutions and perhaps you will get bravo's. Remember help people for the sake of helping people not just to get a Dollar or two off your bill,plans are reasonably priced with Public Mobile, it's not like you''e with Bell Mobility and Rogers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Angelface wrote:

so my question is how many pointstudents in the community section do you have to get to receive a 1 off 

It's an unknown secret sauce.

If you like the little hit in the brain for helping people and seeing them on their way with an appreciative "it works" then do what you can. Or chiming in on discussions.

Those people that you help will hopefully give you a bravo. The person that started the thread might hopefully give you the solution. Other people will read your post and if they like it give you a bravo.

Just participate however much you like and you'll see a reward in relation to how much you put in.

If you don't think it's monetarily worth the effort then just don't. It certainly isn't monetarily worth the effort...back to the brain hit... which is. 🙂

Angelface

so my question is how many pointstudents in the community section do you have to get to receive a 1 off 

Angelface

So what did you do to get that 4 dollar reward 

Felixbthe1

False

@Kennysavoie wrote:

You probably need to login you account when you try to collect 

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but you do not need to log in your your self-serve account to collect your community rewards.  If you're earned them, they will show up in your account automatically, and when your plan renews, they will be made available slightly before the renewal happens so that you can use them to reduce your plan cost.

Kennysavoie

You probably need to login you account when you try to collect 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Roadrunner1977

You typed your reply in the tags box. Type in the text box below all the little icons.

Roadrunner1977

Felixbthe1

You will gain knowledge young Padawan.

vintagebros

I am new to the community. I hope to learn lots from every one here

@srlawren wrote:

@7785511800 wrote:

Help the customer question the want help 

@7785511800 I'm not sure I follow.  Are you needing help?  If so, could you please describe your sitatuation?

"Sitatuation" - now that's a new word!  Smiley Tongue

Gotta bravo that one.

Felixbthe1

Help others in the community by helping them answer their questions you mean!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@7785511800 wrote:

@7785511800 I'm not sure I follow.  Are you needing help?  If so, could you please describe your sitatuation?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Felixbthe1

Yep help as much you can,provide solutions,troubleshoot problems,etc

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@6500K wrote:

@6500K wrote:

Getting $2 was fairly easy for me.  I just put in my 2 cents here and there about 100 times and I got the $2 community involvement discount.  😉

For those who didn't get it:

2 cents x 100 = $2 

Smiley Tongue

Oh, that's good - I needed the explanation 🙂

I like the comment that many community members provide - that you should not worry about the rewards, but read, post, comment and bravo for information and sharing!

@6500K wrote:

Getting $2 was fairly easy for me.  I just put in my 2 cents here and there about 100 times and I got the $2 community involvement discount.  😉

For those who didn't get it:

2 cents x 100 = $2 

Smiley Tongue

gauthier_eli

Haha maybe we will! 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.