Did you mean: 

Community Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 25, 2018

The Community Reward

How does it work?

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times. You can read our Community Terms of Service here.

The following table shows how Community Rewards are allocated:

1.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
463 REPLIES 463

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xhe by your email address.  Hopefully you used the same one when registering for your account and for the community.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

xhe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does any one know how your community account is bind to My PM account? If you did contributions in the community, how it will reflect to your account as I can't find any relationship between these two accounts. Thanks

srlawren
@nnijo PM have a proprietary algorithm they use to figure out the monthly rankings for community rewards. They apparently don't publish the details to prevent people trying to game or manipulate the system. But rest assured that *helpful* folks are pretty consistently rewarded and it's not based just on volume of posts or bravos given or received.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

nnijo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can anyone post a breakdown of the contributing factors and their weights? Just want to make sure all contributors are rewarded with good justification.

E.g. someone who posts randomly all the time should not deserve to get more rewards than someone who posts 2 posts which are chosen to be the Solutions!!

willwillwill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Glad to know there community reward is based on so many different factors.

@kav2001c The community reward factors in many different things - number of posts, bravos received, accepted solutions offered, etc. In general, the more active you are, the higher your community reward will be.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire
One thing I have never been able to wrap my head around is contribution levels. Are these based on specific metrics (like bravos or posts solved) or simply how active a poster is?

Martin
Legend
Legend
COYRIGHT! COPYRIGHT!

Good to know @Martin

Hang in there!©  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Luddite,

I prefer diet Coke®, instead. Thanks anyways.

🙂

@Martin I have some Geritol to spare if you feel in need; I guess once a deputy always a deputy. Only mayors come and  go?

You're welcome 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

Chuk being a Deputy Mayor is news to me!

@Martin Sorry if I confused you. I was saying that it's nice that you're keeping in touch with chukdefatey, since he's a deputy mayor.

@srlawren No problem. I consider myself "grandfathered" as I convinced a friend to join PM in Sep/14 just before the kiosks were closed and he has had no issues with payment or service. Sadly, I was held up on Telus contract until last year. Even with the beta bugs it's a great service especially if one has an emergency back up plan in place. I am continually surprised at how many users do not.

srlawren

Sorry @Luddite, I thought you were grandfathered.  My bad.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

Had chuk continued to visit the community, he, too, in due course would have become a Deputy Mayor.

A good mayor always keeps in touch with their deputies!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Luddite,

Chuk is doing well in Vancouver, though he still hates the rain.

As a matter of fact, we exchanged emails quite early this morning (ET).

His not visiting the community represents a loss of technical knowledge. 😞

LOL @ me being a patient reincarnation of chukdefatey!! Hilarious in so, so many more ways than one!

@srlawren @Martin Sorry to disappoint but I'm in it for the big bucks; joined Aug/15. Man LOL

Whatever happened to chukdefatey; is 778 a more patient reincarnation?

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @srlawren,

The only reason that I'm here, though grandfathered, is that I'm like Geritol to @Luddite. Someone has to get him up and going, and that's me!

srlawren

@ckl wrote:

Pretty ingenius system to keep people active in the community...

@ckl yes!  Though, ironically, I think at least a couple of the most active members here (Luddite and Martin, for example) are on grandfathered (older, no longer available) plans that aren't eligible to receive community rewards.  Yet here they are, day after day (along with many others of course) helping people out.  Gotta love it.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Pretty ingenius system to keep people active in the community...

Terri_D
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Duckman

It is our pleasure to be able to assist you in the process. If you have any more concerns or questions please do not hesitate.

Thank you

Teri

Duckman

Thanks Martin

After I posted realized I recieved an email explaining about the link to my email address. I'm not a huge poster but I truey appreciate not being mocked for questions. Sometimes on message boards the slighest thing is responded to harshly.  Those of us a little slower with technology need a little more time to catch up.

Thanks again

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Duckman,

First, there's no such thing as a stupid question. If it weren't for curiosity, we would still be living in caves.

You guessed correctly. Your rewards are tied to your email address.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Cheers.

Duckman

Stupid newbie question:

I've had my phone account for  about a week and today signed up to be able to post in the community. How will Public Mobile know to credit my phone accoutn with any community rewards I might qualify for?

When I signed up for the community I was never asked my mobile number; account number; etc? Does it track simply by matching the email address?

Again, I'm sorry for the newbie question.

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wm1974 The monthly contribution ranking are usually posted on the "feature topics" in the 6-8th of the month. You will also receive a badge on that month with regards to your contribution. 

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @wm1974 - Community rewards are provided to all the contributors on a reward eligible plan on their next payment due date. 

Also, a monthly badge for your contribution level will be added to your Community profile.

CL.png

Need Help? Let's chat.