cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Community Reward

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

Good to know, send message as quote, keep the thread going

@Felixbthe1 in this particular case, there isn't much need to keep this thread going, since it's already 22 pages long and already answer pretty much anything you could want to know about community rewards.  Let's keep this thread dormant.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I got a new email badge for the reward this time

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Tav wrote:

@Judelina wrote:

I’m new I read stuff and pressed reply I don’t remember who I was answering obviously I’m doing this wrong 

Everyones got to start somewhere. Press the quote button and that will quote the message you are trying to reply to. This thread dates back over 4 years so most comments are resolved and long forgotten about.

I am new too,...Sometimes I just scroll to see if my question has already been asked? or solved, but I never paid attention to the dates. IF I come across a post that answered my question, can I still bravo it, even if it is old? I'm starting to catch on.

Mayor / Maire

@terrybev wrote:

IF I come across a post that answered my question, can I still bravo it, even if it is old? I'm starting to catch on.

@terrybev there's no harm in that.  And technically speaking there's nothing "wrong" with replying to an old, dormant thread, it's just a bit frowned upon.  If you're replying to try to give a solution to something that's been solved for years, that's definitely frowned upon.  If you're replying to say you've got the same issue/question, that's "okay", but many people will ignore solved threads and move on, so you'll get better visibility by starting your own thread for the issue/questions.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How are the rankings determined? Is it just from participation? What about quality of answers? Is quality only determined by the number of "Bravos"?

@Kovaelin wrote:

How are the rankings determined? Is it just from participation? What about quality of answers? Is quality only determined by the number of "Bravos"?

participation, post count, bravos, solutions...  I'm sure it's a combination of all of those, but there is no definitive answer.  High quality answers are likely to lead to more bravos, which are certainly a factor.  Otherwise, someone could just post a few hundred useless and irrelevant messages to get rewards. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You may not have considered the GST/HST portion of your plan? Just a thought.

Mayor / Maire

@Jhimshoot wrote:

@Jhimshoot who?  You've replied to a lenghty thread with no context.

Highlighted
Oracle

@srlawren wrote:

@Jhimshoot wrote:

@Jhimshoot who?  You've replied to a lenghty thread with no context.

@srlawren 

I had a hunch which post they were replying to and when I checked...yep...once again...four years ago.

Maybe there should be an automatic pop-up warning when someone tries to reply to any message older than a certain length of time.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes it would