Did you mean: 

Community Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 25, 2018

The Community Reward

How does it work?

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times. You can read our Community Terms of Service here.

The following table shows how Community Rewards are allocated:

1.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
463 REPLIES 463

cindyparmiter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are probably on the 3 month plan right? If so your rewards will not be applied until the 3 month billing period is up

@micro-g wrote:

I have a question regarding the community rewards and auto pay rewards!

I am with public mobile since two months and received community as well as auto pay rewards on my account. strangely pm still dedcuted the full monthly amount from my credit card this month rather than having applied the $8 rewards credit i have in my account! Can anyone explain this?

cheers and thx for your help folks!

Nathaniel11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It will tell you shortly after the end of the month in your account reward area! 

Nathaniel11

It really is a great perk! I love how much cheaper the prices are then with some of the bigger companies in canada!

Asima

Thanks for this info.

wrote:

Not that I'm really expecting much if any but curious has anyone received January rewards yet?

Nothing yet.  It's about that time of month, but I wouldn't worry about it either since there has been nothing in the annoucements forum either.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

Not that I'm really expecting much if any but curious has anyone received January rewards yet?

@canucks4life just looked, not seeing anyting yet. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Repeating a couple of things I have posted before:

The rewards are not normally that much discount 

If you are getting community rewards to pay for your monthly service it is a bug and will eventually be fixed (although I have seen cases where a year elapsed)

The rewards may not sound like much but are certainly more than Koodo or Telus pay out

The calculation for rewards is very odd, there are many threads trying to figure them out. I still suspect there is either an error or a deliberate randomness to them.

I also still maintain some bravos are worth more than others (whether this is due to a mod/oracle having more pull in who they promote, or whether some forums are worth more than others) 

Gaming the system is pointless and a waste of time (many far more lucrative endeavors out there)

Mrxgreen

What I get out of it is If you answer allot of questions and get lots of likes you get rewarded for your knowlege each comment helps you get answers to questions witch public mobile won't have to answer 

Mrxgreen

If it was in the beginning of their launch maybe they missed it or you had an 8 dollar add on that took the reward amount 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome Job Public Mobile Team Service 

r.jpg

Good Luck Heart

Anonymous
Not applicable

go to your account and Account Log In and you will at  My Rewards

good luck

bsperanz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren yeah that's all I see the rewards as...a nice bonus. I don't know enough about phones or networking or troubleshooting to be able to be on here daily for solving issues so I don't ever expect to finish in the top 1%. I don't really care how the scoring system is set up, just kind of want to know the factors involved. If I'm able to save a couple bucks a pay period just by being semi active on the boards, then that's great. 

cowboydave

Either way, I think it's kind of cool that an average Joe can participate and get rewarded for it. That is why I am actually enjoying this. " community "

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cowboydave  @bsperanz it's not that simple.  Supposedly there's a proprietary formula/algorithm that determines the rankings every month.  It's not just based on # of bravos or # of postings etc.  They have not disclosed how it works, in an effort to discourage people trying to game the system.  Here's the bottom line:  the max anyone other than an oracle can get as a reward is $5 per 30 days.  The amount of effort and energy required to get there does not justify the monetary reward.  You have to particpate here as a labour of love, and think of the rewards (if any) as a nice little bonus.  You could literally make more money riding a bicycle around your neighbourhood and collecting empty cans and bottles to return.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cowboydave

I am fairly new here also. But I believe a read that to finish in the top 50% etc. Is based on the amount of bravo you receive. Compared to the next guy. And from what I have seen, the bravo are given to each other from us. So it's a peer based reward system. I am pretty sure that is what I understood. So ask questions and she  you know something that someone needs to know. Share the wisdom. 

bsperanz

What determines "finishing" in the top 50%, 25%, etc? Is there a scoring system which gives a point value to posts, solutions, bravos, and so on? What exactly is the top % in reference to? I've scanned most of the pages in this thread and couldn't really find an answer. I've seen the badges and the table chart but it's not quite clear (for me anyways). 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The goal is to help people solve their problems in the public mobile community not just for monetary gain,cheers.

Susanbilly

Welcome to the community

Susanbilly

We had a small credit and it took the second billing cycle to add on. Hope this helps 🙂

Kerri

I'm about as new, having not received my SIM card yet so join the club and welcome to Public mobile.

@Luddite wrote:

So, whatever you do, getting a "free month" just from community rewards is not possible. And depending on your plan you'll need A LOT of referrals to make your plan "free".

Just 58 referrals for the provincial calling, texting, 15 GB LTE 90 day plan to be free! Robot wink

Too bad I can't give you two bravo's for that one... 😉

So, whatever you do, getting a "free month" just from community rewards is not possible. And depending on your plan you'll need A LOT of referrals to make your plan "free".

Just 58 referrals for the provincial calling, texting, 15 GB LTE 90 day plan to be free! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@murray22 wrote:

I'm brand new and i'm hoping that someday i can get a free month too

@murray22

Sorry to burst your bubble...

The maximum community reward per month that we Joes and Janes Average can earn a month is $6. All your rewards are applied against the next payment, so a maximum $18 per 90day cycle. (and the reward scoreboards are reset at renewal)

@murray22 wrote:

a list of the rewardees would be nice to see.

Erm... there is a monthly post (usually the day after the community rewards are applied to the according accounts) in the Announcement section?

murray22

a list of the rewardees would be nice to see.

murray22

I'm brand new and i'm hoping that someday i can get a free month too

murray22

That chart was very helpful and the examples were too.  Love the ease of your wesite.

Kerri

Anonymous
Not applicable

beautiful to help customer  Heart

public mobile  Man Embarassed awesome job did to customer good luck  Heart

Need Help? Let's chat.