Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Community Reward

@murray22 wrote:

I'm brand new and i'm hoping that someday i can get a free month too

@murray22

Sorry to burst your bubble...

The maximum community reward per month that we Joes and Janes Average can earn a month is $6. All your rewards are applied against the next payment, so a maximum $18 per 90day cycle. (and the reward scoreboards are reset at renewal)

So, whatever you do, getting a "free month" just from community rewards is not possible. And depending on your plan you'll need A LOT of referrals to make your plan "free".

Oracle

So, whatever you do, getting a "free month" just from community rewards is not possible. And depending on your plan you'll need A LOT of referrals to make your plan "free".

Just 58 referrals for the provincial calling, texting, 15 GB LTE 90 day plan to be free! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite wrote:

Just 58 referrals for the provincial calling, texting, 15 GB LTE 90 day plan to be free! Robot wink

Too bad I can't give you two bravo's for that one... ;-)

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm about as new, having not received my SIM card yet so join the club and welcome to Public mobile.

We had a small credit and it took the second billing cycle to add on. Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Welcome to the community

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The goal is to help people solve their problems in the public mobile community not just for monetary gain,cheers.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What determines "finishing" in the top 50%, 25%, etc? Is there a scoring system which gives a point value to posts, solutions, bravos, and so on? What exactly is the top % in reference to? I've scanned most of the pages in this thread and couldn't really find an answer. I've seen the badges and the table chart but it's not quite clear (for me anyways). 

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I am fairly new here also. But I believe a read that to finish in the top 50% etc. Is based on the amount of bravo you receive. Compared to the next guy. And from what I have seen, the bravo are given to each other from us. So it's a peer based reward system. I am pretty sure that is what I understood. So ask questions and she  you know something that someone needs to know. Share the wisdom. 

Mayor / Maire

@cowboydave  @bsperanz it's not that simple.  Supposedly there's a proprietary formula/algorithm that determines the rankings every month.  It's not just based on # of bravos or # of postings etc.  They have not disclosed how it works, in an effort to discourage people trying to game the system.  Here's the bottom line:  the max anyone other than an oracle can get as a reward is $5 per 30 days.  The amount of effort and energy required to get there does not justify the monetary reward.  You have to particpate here as a labour of love, and think of the rewards (if any) as a nice little bonus.  You could literally make more money riding a bicycle around your neighbourhood and collecting empty cans and bottles to return.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.