cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Community Reward

And if these community boards were available for clarification prior to joining Public Mobile that would be fantastic!

Sadly, THEY ARE NOT. So, your acting like I  am an idiot for "not reading the first paragraph in community benefits", is condescending & insulting.

Oracle

@Wisewoman actually they totally are.  Nobody is required to have activated Public Mobile to sign up to the community.  And in fact, you don't even need to sign up to the community to read it.  Anyone anywhere with web browser can click that learn more link on Public Mobile's public site, where you probably first started your research before signing up, and get to the first posting of this thread.  

I didn't mean to be condescending or insulting and in fact I believe I said I can see how you might briefly be confused but regardless the information required to make the determination that the reward is for online community participation here is quite publicly and readily available.  I'm not calling anybody an idiot.  But this is what happens when you make assumptions and don't bother to read a signle paragraph to see if they are correct.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

I’m not sure what to say. Public Mobile doesn’t give people money off their phone bill for volunteering in their actual community, first time in hearing about this confusion. No sure what any of that has to do with PM selling phones. 

Thank you you for the clarification 

Oracle

I thought you’d be happy that you don’t have to wait to have your whole bill covered. It seemed like that was one of your concerns. So aren’t you happy about that? @Wisewoman

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are literally the only person here that thought  any of us could volunteer in their own community that has nothing to do with Public Mobile. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

You really are totally overeacting @Wisewoman

At worst Rockdaddy comment asked "what are you talking about".

Your previous post is not that clear at all, and I suspect noone else ever dreamed that community service would count towards a discount on your cell phone bill.

Having said that, you are more than able to suggest that in the Ideas forum, but I suspect even if it was considered the logistics to implement it would be impossible.

I actually am in favour of locking down message boards as it prevents shill accounts. So I am also confused at the later comments about you not being able to read the boards prior to joining.

Wisewoman wrote:

And if these community boards were available for clarification prior to joining Public Mobile that would be fantastic!

Sadly, THEY ARE NOT. So, your acting like I  am an idiot for "not reading the first paragraph in community benefits", is condescending & insulting.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just think of the community reward as a cheaper way for PM to pay out instead of hiring more CSR.

Oracle

@Acekiller to an extent I'd agree with that assessment.  The community rewards are incentives for customers like you and me and everyone without a "MOD" or "PM" icon beside their name to handle a bunch of the "low hanging fruit" and essentially act as a first level triage.  We can answer simple questions and help do some basic troubleshooting, and then if it's beyone what we can do, we can tag the mod team or direct the OP to send them a private message.  I'm pretty sure the total montly payout on all community rewards are probably less than one additional FTE on the mod team, so yeah we're probably a good investment. Smiley Happy  But of course as soon as any sort of account access or back-end troubleshooting is needed, we are definitely NOT a replacement for 1 or more mods!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.