Did you mean: 

Community Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 25, 2018

The Community Reward

How does it work?

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times. You can read our Community Terms of Service here.

The following table shows how Community Rewards are allocated:

1.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
463 REPLIES 463

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Message public mobile directly and they should be able to help you and answer any questions you may have.

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

always get  top 25%

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lejla as @Taekgun mentioned, please don't post your personal info here.  I have edited your post to mask your details.

Please click this link to send the @CS_Agent a private message for assistance.  They are Public Mobile employees that can help with your issue

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lejla

You have posted to a very old thread. In the future, start your own thread under the appropriate category and it will get the exposure and answer to your questions you're looking for.

Also, this is a public forum so don't post your private information in this forum, anyone can see it - REMOVE IT ASAP.

We need a bit more information before we can help you.

- when did your service stop?

- are you on auto-pay?  Does your self-serve show your account as suspended or active?

When you give us a bit more info, we'll be able to help you out.

Lejla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!! My phone number is no working!! Please help me my payment is ready yestarday, after phone number is no working!! My number is 289xxxxxxx Lejla Cxxxxxxx

Anonymous
Not applicable

i Like it Heart

srlawren

@Acekiller to an extent I'd agree with that assessment.  The community rewards are incentives for customers like you and me and everyone without a "MOD" or "PM" icon beside their name to handle a bunch of the "low hanging fruit" and essentially act as a first level triage.  We can answer simple questions and help do some basic troubleshooting, and then if it's beyone what we can do, we can tag the mod team or direct the OP to send them a private message.  I'm pretty sure the total montly payout on all community rewards are probably less than one additional FTE on the mod team, so yeah we're probably a good investment. 🙂  But of course as soon as any sort of account access or back-end troubleshooting is needed, we are definitely NOT a replacement for 1 or more mods!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just think of the community reward as a cheaper way for PM to pay out instead of hiring more CSR.

You really are totally overeacting @Wisewoman

At worst Rockdaddy comment asked "what are you talking about".

Your previous post is not that clear at all, and I suspect noone else ever dreamed that community service would count towards a discount on your cell phone bill.

Having said that, you are more than able to suggest that in the Ideas forum, but I suspect even if it was considered the logistics to implement it would be impossible.

I actually am in favour of locking down message boards as it prevents shill accounts. So I am also confused at the later comments about you not being able to read the boards prior to joining.

@Wisewoman wrote:

And if these community boards were available for clarification prior to joining Public Mobile that would be fantastic!

Sadly, THEY ARE NOT. So, your acting like I  am an idiot for "not reading the first paragraph in community benefits", is condescending & insulting.

ByeByeRogers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are literally the only person here that thought  any of us could volunteer in their own community that has nothing to do with Public Mobile. 

Rockdaddy22

I thought you’d be happy that you don’t have to wait to have your whole bill covered. It seemed like that was one of your concerns. So aren’t you happy about that? @Wisewoman

Rockdaddy22

I’m not sure what to say. Public Mobile doesn’t give people money off their phone bill for volunteering in their actual community, first time in hearing about this confusion. No sure what any of that has to do with PM selling phones. 

Thank you you for the clarification 

srlawren

@Wisewoman actually they totally are.  Nobody is required to have activated Public Mobile to sign up to the community.  And in fact, you don't even need to sign up to the community to read it.  Anyone anywhere with web browser can click that learn more link on Public Mobile's public site, where you probably first started your research before signing up, and get to the first posting of this thread.  

I didn't mean to be condescending or insulting and in fact I believe I said I can see how you might briefly be confused but regardless the information required to make the determination that the reward is for online community participation here is quite publicly and readily available.  I'm not calling anybody an idiot.  But this is what happens when you make assumptions and don't bother to read a signle paragraph to see if they are correct.  

Wisewoman

And if these community boards were available for clarification prior to joining Public Mobile that would be fantastic!

Sadly, THEY ARE NOT. So, your acting like I  am an idiot for "not reading the first paragraph in community benefits", is condescending & insulting.

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 you may not have read @Wisewoman's post correctly.  She is stating that she's disappointed that the "community" rewards do not refer to being rewarded for volunteering and doing good in your community (like, the real world--volunteering at your local food bank or soup kitchen or any number of other community volunteer opportunites out there), but rather are for helpful participation here in the Public Mobile online "community" forums.  I can see how, at a quick glance, one might make the assumption it is for recognizing real-world volunteering.  

@Wisewoman I think the devil is always in the details.  Clicking on the Learn More link under the Community rewards blurb on the Rewards page does lead you to this very thread in which we are now participating.  Even reading just the first paragraph makes the distinction pretty clear:

"You can earn Rewards based on your participation and contribution on the Public Mobile Community.  What do you need to do?  Helpful things like posting and answering questions, getting Bravos and Accepted Solutions from other members, and posting new content or starting lively discussions.  Basically, you can earn Rewards for being an active member of the Public Mobile online Community."

I'm delighted that you like to volunteer in your own communities and of course would encourage you to do so.  Doing that kind of work, quite frankly, is much more rewarding than sitting at a keyboard or phone and posting here.  Thank you for helping out your real-world community!  🙂

Wisewoman

I'm not going to get into an argument with a stranger on a community help board asking me "what are you going to do about it?"

I simply stated my disappointment. 

I suppose I will continue to do my volunteer work in my community as I  always have. And continue to hope that corporations will get on board eventually. 

Rockdaddy22

What are you going on about. Do you have a specific problem? Public Mobile doesn’t sell any phones, not just current ones. 

Wisewoman

How disappointing.  Not that I'm not happy to help out in a virtual way. 

But I was so impressed to think that Public Mobile was a company that was motivated to do good works in the community & to motivate & reward it's customers to do the same. It's one of the deciding factor that swayed me to sign up with this company that doesn't offer REAL help to their clients,  have any offices or offer current phones for sale.

Joe1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Suppose to show right away 

@canucks4life wrote:

Wonder if they changed something...only got $1 for August Man Sad

A specific amount of contribution each month won't always get the member the same amount of community rewards.  The amounts are relative to the contributions and rewards earned by all other member during that month. 

@canucks4life, not sure I got $6

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wonder if they changed something...only got $1 for August Man Sad

Fara
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Wisewoman

The community rewards that you have are for participating in Public mobile community. So for example, you ask your questions, answer to others, post a new idea, etc. in the PM community. By being active here, you gain credits which will be dedacted when you will have your bill for the month or 3month. In my case, I get 2-4$ off/month for being active in the community.

Hope that it answers your question,

Fara

srlawren

@IWIK wrote:
Your accumulated credits go towards your next bill. So if your bill was going to be $120 it will be $108 (for example)

And yes. Your participation in the forums is gets you community rewards. Replies marked as solutions, kudos, etc

@Wisewoman it's as @IWIK has noted above.  The community rewards are for your participation here in the Public Mobile Community forum.  Every month, usually by the end of the 1st week of the month or early 2nd week, PM posts a thread in the Announcements section that lists the top contributors, and arond that same time, anyone that has earned a community reward credit for the month will see it applied in the rewards section of their self-serve account.  At the time of your next renewal, the system applies any rewards you have accured (commnity rewards, autopay rewards, referral rewards) toward your plan cost first, and then charges your credit card (if you have auto pay enabled) for the remainder + tax.  You do not have to acumulate enough to conver a full renewal, it applies whatever you've accumulated at each renewal.  

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Your accumulated credits go towards your next bill. So if your bill was going to be $120 it will be $108 (for example)

And yes. Your participation in the forums is gets you community rewards. Replies marked as solutions, kudos, etc

Wisewoman
Good morning!
I am new to Public so I apologize if this sounds naive (or stupid). But community rewards are NOT for contributions to the actual community in which you LIVE IN? It's for the virtual community of public mobile? Is that correct?
And the points you collect must be accumulated until you amass enough points to cover an ENTIRE month's bill?
So the 12 credits I have will just sit there until they grow, & I must STAY with public mobile long enough or earn enough points to cover an entire month's bill?
I appreciate any clarification you can provide.

entei5000

sweet! 

mikedolo
Same here. I was wondering the same

Rockdaddy22
I'm so happy you find the community helpful.

Really like this community place people explain the way account holder want replies awesome place to get all answer
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.