cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Ranking

hnisha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I was wondering how do we know what our community rankling is? Are we in the 50% in month 1 for example in a 90 day plan? Is there a way to check????
11 REPLIES 11

@Acekiller wrote:

@WearySky wrote:

We've already seen more than one user trying to game the system (one user created a second account, just to bravo every single post they made).  Nobody really knows what the ranking calculation is, and keeping the rankings a secret and not real time also helps keep the ranking algorith a secret so nobody can game the system.  

As it is, there's already a *ton* of "yeah, what he said" posts from people on the boards.  I try to help when I can, but most of the time one of the oracles (or other high volume posters) has already beaten me to the punch and there isn't much I can add to a conversation, so I don't bother posting.

wow, somebody actually did that?  and they actually caught him?!

More than once. Yes, they were caught. Its not that hard to figure it out from looking at the bravo leader boards.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WearySky wrote:

We've already seen more than one user trying to game the system (one user created a second account, just to bravo every single post they made).  Nobody really knows what the ranking calculation is, and keeping the rankings a secret and not real time also helps keep the ranking algorith a secret so nobody can game the system.  

As it is, there's already a *ton* of "yeah, what he said" posts from people on the boards.  I try to help when I can, but most of the time one of the oracles (or other high volume posters) has already beaten me to the punch and there isn't much I can add to a conversation, so I don't bother posting.

wow, somebody actually did that?  and they actually caught him?!

@Watoko wrote:

@WearySky wrote:

Exactly.  It's frustrating seeing a number of posters writing out longwinded, poorly worded (and often, WRONG) replies after a perfectly good answer has already been provided in a thread.

I'm sure they will review each person and reward accordingly based on quality of posts. Unfortunately though, I'm not sure if the mods or Oracles have a formal procedure to dealing with the front end of this issue, as I do agree that as OP I would be equally as frusturated to receive hard to read, seemingly confident information, only to find out that it is wrong.

Due to very limited functions, there is nothing we can do other than letting them know. 

Watoko

@WearySky wrote:

Exactly.  It's frustrating seeing a number of posters writing out longwinded, poorly worded (and often, WRONG) replies after a perfectly good answer has already been provided in a thread.

I'm sure they will review each person and reward accordingly based on quality of posts. Unfortunately though, I'm not sure if the mods or Oracles have a formal procedure to dealing with the front end of this issue, as I do agree that as OP I would be equally as frusturated to receive hard to read, seemingly confident information, only to find out that it is wrong.

WearySky

@Watoko wrote:

Agreed. I think people just need to shift their mentality to thinking of these incentives as more of a side bonus to dedicating your time to helping other people, rather than the main objective of lowering your plan by $X amount every month. At least the former is how I view it. I just think that if my goal was the latter, I might as well get a part time job at McDonalds and make even more money, instead of wasting my time spamming the forums with poor quality posts.

Watoko

@WearySky wrote:

Agreed. I think people just need to shift their mentality to thinking of these incentives as more of a side bonus to dedicating your time to helping other people, rather than the main objective of lowering your plan by $X amount every month. At least the former is how I view it. I just think that if my goal was the latter, I might as well get a part time job at McDonalds and make even more money, instead of wasting my time spamming the forums with poor quality posts for what...max of $10 a month?

WearySky

hnisha
That's true and you do have a good point. Thanks again @NDesai

@hnisha
 wrote:
Thanks @NDesai
Just wish there was a way to track it or if there was a meter or something to help even get people more involved.

Unfortunately not. There are various concerns regarding the community ranking such as cheating the system to gain more bravos. So, at the moment, not posting any real-time rankings is for the good. However, the bravo leader boards gives you the basic ranking of users who will earn rewards depending on other involvement. 

hnisha
Thanks @NDesai
Just wish there was a way to track it or if there was a meter or something to help even get people more involved.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hi,

There is no way to check your standing since the top ranking requires community involvement with the amount of quality posts, bravos, solutions, etc. that are all factored into the ranking. Here is the detail explanation of how one can earn community rewards: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Reward/m-p/415#M5

Need Help? Let's chat.