cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone number question

Rabscuttle255
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am getting calls from telemarketers.  Is there a way i can change my phone number and keep my account and rewards?

11 REPLIES 11

@rossputin wrote:

@GR wrote:

@Rabscuttle255  yes, just log in to your self serve account and click on change phone number!  It will let you pick from few of them, you'll see where it ask which province and city to pick the numbers! 

approximately how many numbers do they let you choose from?

Probably no scenario where you get to customize your number?

@rossputin please note that this is an old post of 2019 and had already been solved.

Open a new topic if you have any questions.

Welcome to the forums

Aloha

RosieR

@rossputin wrote:

@GR wrote:

@Rabscuttle255  yes, just log in to your self serve account and click on change phone number!  It will let you pick from few of them, you'll see where it ask which province and city to pick the numbers! 

@rossputin    You'll get a list of probably half a dozen numbers but you can keep refreshing by selecting a different area/city and then back to your area.  PM allows number changes once every 30 days.

Edit:  No customization allowed except at activation where you were permitted to pick the last four digits at one time.  I'm not sure if that is still allowed or not.

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GR wrote:

@Lowufo wrote:

I agree just block the numbers or you will be changing your number all the time.

Except that, at Public Mobile, you can only change your number once a month.

Adding your number to the Canadian Do-Not-Call list is another option. However, from personal experience, that can go either way - looks like that list has plenty of loop holes. I'm one of the people was inundated with spam calls (all different, likely spoofed numbers) for weeks and weeks after signing up.

More than likely its election polling right now.  It will stop in a couple weeks.

Lowufo

I agree just block the numbers or you will be changing your number all the time.

Obice

@Rabscuttle255 wrote:

I am getting calls from telemarketers.  Is there a way i can change my phone number and keep my account and rewards?

I recommend that you keep your current number and block the telemarketers. Changing your number is going to become a never-ending battle because eventually a telemarketer will dial your new number and you will probably want to change your number again.

If you have an android, then go in your phone settings or contacts settings and one or the other should have a "Block" section to block individual numbers.

If you have an iPhone, then go in your phone settings and create a new contact such as "Spam" and then add numbers to that contact that you don't want to be bothered by, then go to the bottom of the page of "Spam" and press "Block this Caller".

Rabscuttle255
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great, thank you!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yoy won't lose rewards by changing your phone#.

To change your phone number: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Number' under 'My Profile' on the Overview page. Here, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.