cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plans… did not get rewards

happysgurl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there maybe someone can help…

last month I changed plans just before my regular renewal date so I had to add funds to my account. I didn’t receive any of my rewards $$ money for that month and played full price for the new plan. Is that a glitch because I changed before my renewal date?

17 REPLIES 17

yes.. FM is a thing of the past now.. i meant on Android  🙂  

it costs phone builder an extra FM receiver module as well as headphone as the antenna... (and headphone jack going away too  😞  )

Anonymous
Not applicable

@happysgurl : It's unfortunate that more and more phones are dropping FM radio. Radio is still a thing out there. I don't know if iphones ever did have it but others do and did. Then you wouldn't be streaming anything over the internet.

happysgurl

I am trying to figure it all out… as I am almost at the end of my first 30 days on this plan and got a 75% warning 🤦‍♀️ 

as for my daughter she is 8 so she doesn’t have a phone yet, she uses my iPad for online school at daycare so she can message me if she needs

happysgurl

I have downloaded episodes etc but depending how the morning goes I am always changing my mind, lol I like a good crime podcast but I am new and I still looking for really good ones, some are too slow and discussion based.

@happysgurl 

As opposed to being a glitch there is some logic to not receiving the rewards for 1 cycle when renewing early. Rewards for a full 30 days were already given but the customer didn’t complete the 30 days.

This doesn’t seem reasonable on first glance but consider my scenario. I am on the $15 plan and get $22 in rewards every 30 days. My available funds total keeps growing monthly. If normal rewards were paid every time I renewed including early renewals, I would renew every day!! 

Someone who has significant rewards such as the OP with $10 total would need to consider the loss of these rewards if renewing early. A data add-on (or calling add-on for those on the $10 or $15 plans) could be a better option since it rolls over until fully consumed. Lots of “wrinkles” here at PM to understand if trying to do everything perfectly! (Not always possible)

AE_Collector

@happysgurl 

Just to add to @Anonymous suggestion do you employ all of the data saving tools available to you in your phone? Do you have your data saver toggled on and wifi assist turned off? Have you disabled background data? Can your daughter recieve SMS/MMS texts that are included in your plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@happysgurl : You can download music and podcasts and listen to them offline. Just sayin'. It's a bit of a collusionary racket isn't it with the streamers and the providers.

happysgurl

Yes I did consider the add on but I do use a fair bit as I am a mail carrier and am never around wifi that I can log on to until I get home 😔 I also need access to my podcasts and music to keep me motivated some days, lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor wrote:

So for the sake of clarification .... if @happysgurl  had spent $15 on the data add on  she could have gone  to her regular renewal  and at that point upgraded to a different plan  and still got her rewards deduction for the month  and any remaining data on the addon  would remain available for her future use ? 

Correct.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So for the sake of clarification .... if @happysgurl  had spent $15 on the data add on  she could have gone  to her regular renewal  and at that point upgraded to a different plan  and still got her rewards deduction for the month  and any remaining data on the addon  would remain available for her future use ? 

edited to ad ... oops I see you answered that while I was typing this

Anonymous
Not applicable

@happysgurl : Another option would have been data add-ons depending on how much you use. You can stack them as well and that would tie you over until your renewal. Then they just stay on your account until finished. But if you're now regularly using more data then certainly changing up gets you there. Do you not have any wifi around to do those data intensive activities?

happysgurl

Yup ran out of data otherwise I would normally wait until my regular renewal to change… it was two/three days before but as an iPhone user I needed the data for iMessage and FaceTime for my daughter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@happysgurl : I'd be interested to know what part of the process caused you to think it might be better to do the immediate plan change rather than at the next renewal. Were you out of data and wanted more right away? Out of minutes on a limited minute plan?

Regulars here will always say to set it for the next renewal (depending on your needs).

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Changing your plan immediately

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, or if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.
  • A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.
  • Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

happysgurl

That sucks it’s almost $10 off my plan 😞

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@happysgurl wrote:

Hi there maybe someone can help…

last month I changed plans just before my regular renewal date so I had to add funds to my account. I didn’t receive any of my rewards $$ money for that month and played full price for the new plan. Is that a glitch because I changed before my renewal date?

Yep...change early and you pay the full costs. You'll see rewards back during next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.