Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenges signing ppl up ??!

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey PM community !

We are special ! We save each month $$$ 

do you ever struggle to convince ppl to switch over??! What are the common excuses you hear and strategies to deal with them?!! 
much love PM

47 REPLIES 47

Savebig2

That’s amazing h

congratulations 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Savebig2  I switched down to the $15 plan because of free add-ons over the time I been here. 

So here's a screenshot I took a moment ago.

$59 balance accumulated from posting on these forums and $20 of it was from a text I got a few months ago to refer someone and get a $20 bonus.

My loyalty is at $2 but will be $3 in a few months.

So before posting in these forums I owe $4. Adding all things up its like July 2022 I'd have to pay out of pocket if I stop posting. Oh and last time I paid a bill out of pocket I think was like Oct/Nov 2019 lol.

Screenshot_20201121_202928.jpg

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

I'm at zero till July 2022 not 2021 if I stop posting on these forums today lol.

@Jb456   Okay that's impressive! 😊

@Savebig2 wrote:

Hey PM -

what do ppl pay on average a month here??

is anyone actually at $0?

I have 5 referrals and the 2$ For autopa off a $30 plan - so $23 plus tax - signed up in summe love the savings was paying $75 before with Telus

@Savebig2   I believe there are a few people here who because of the accumulation of rewards, community, autopay, loyalty and RAF, don't pay anything for their plans and I've read the odd post where some will be paying nothing for many months into the future because of PM's rewards system. 

I'm on the $15 plan and occasionally I don't pay anything depending upon the community rewards, unfortunately I've not really made much effort to go hustle up many RAF rewards so I'll always be paying something, but TBH I'm not really too bothered as long as I can at least get a few dollars off my plan every month.

Happy to hear that you are saving quite a bit vs what you paid at Telus. 😊

Savebig2

Wow !! Amazing

how did you manage that??

I'm at zero till July 2022 not 2021 if I stop posting on these forums today lol.

Savebig2

Well said cheers

so common that’s how ppl respond 

Savebig2

Hey PM -

what do ppl pay on average a month here??

is anyone actually at $0?

I have 5 referrals and the 2$ For autopa off a $30 plan - so $23 plus tax - signed up in summe love the savings was paying $75 before with Telus

Savebig2

Thank you for the explanation and details. I completely agree 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Great topic, @Savebig2 .

I think the biggest reasons people are hesitant to switch are:

1. still under contract with current supplier and/or leaving will result in remaining 'phone credit' having to be paid off
  2. their current phone is on it's way out and they want a plan they feel provides a 'free phone' (when it's not really free...) 
  3. no toll-free number for customer service

I liken the PM customer type & experience to this kind of comparison thinking: 

There are people out there who want things the easy or 'normal' way - they're the ones who feel paying 'monthly fees' to have things such as chequing accounts with banks, or waiting on hold for 30-60 minutes to speak with a company, is 'normal'. 

Then there are those who simply know that there is NO NEED to pay these fees to banks.  These customers are essentially 'benefitting' from the fact that others pay those fees for higher tiered services, thus allowing the no-fee or no-frill users to also enjoy nearly the same level of services and frankly what most of us would ever need.

Here's the catch - I don't think we necessarily want ALL those people who are complacent to their fee-based or higher tier-based providers, to push away from them.  Because if they do, the parent companies will have to get their money elsewhere - so they'll start clawing back the benefits and savings from their lower tier or no-frill subsidiary offerings. 

Food for thought...

"Public Mobile? Never heard of them."

"Public Mobile? Yeah, I've read bad things about them."

"Public Mobile? Nah, I'm happy with the sweet deal I get from Rogers. Only $100 per month for unlimited talk on eves and weekends, plus 5GB of data."

PM's plans and prices sell themselves if people are willing to look. PM's rewards and perks sell themselves if people are willing to look closely enough to compare vs Lucky and Chatr. But I don't press the issue when it's obvious that people are unwilling to save money, are making excuses ("uh, I'm locked into my contract for another 99 months"), or are just uncomfortable talking about it.

Keep a spare PM SIM card or two at all times. Know where to buy the closest PM payment vouchers. Learn how to setup a PM account, activation, number port, and APN settings. Most referrals are on-the-spot things - if you can get everything working within minutes then it's a done deal and an easy sell. But if people have to go through stores and lineups and half a day without phone service then they'll just take care of it themselves without being very interested in Public Mobile. (Or you'll have to go through stores and lineups and half a day of waiting around just to get your $1 referral reward, lol.)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Most people want faster speeds but PM throttles their speeds to 3G but it is not noticeable for most users.  Also their is more demand for larger data plans.  The largest plan with PM is 8GB which is probably more then enough in a month for the majority.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

1. Not big enough data (younger ppl)

2. No unlimited data

3. I'm happy I'm already paying less then what i did before 

4. Talk to be next year I'm still under contract

5. That sounds interesting let's talk about it next time I can't deal with it now

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Savebig2 wrote:

Hey PM community !

We are special ! We save each month $$$ 

do you ever struggle to convince ppl to switch over??! What are the common excuses you hear and strategies to deal with them?!! 
much love PM

@Savebig2 If Public Mobile's business model was the be all end all for everyone, there would be no need of any of the tier 1 and 2 providers. PM fills a niche that meets the needs of the majority of people that come here. As others stated, if someone wants/likes live customer service, new phones, faster data etc then this is not the place for them and no amount of convincing will change their minds.

I tell people what it's like here, what I pay and about the rewards. I make sure they are 100% comfortable with the online way of fixing things (this is not for everyone). If they like it and want to switch great, I give them a sim card. If not, I don't worry about it nor do I try and figure ways to change their minds. 

@Savebig2 if they don't care about saving, they won't be signing up to Public Mobile. There are faster data speeds, phone customer service, and new phones at other companies. Public is also good if your friend doesn't want to a credit check.

Savebig2

Yes of course that’s what you do 

but some ppl just don’t care about the savings I don’t really understand 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Savebig2 You have to show them that plan can be cheap if they refer people or stay longer.

Need Help? Let's chat.