cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cha-Ching text

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Got the successful referral text twice now yet I haven’t referred anyone recently.. the text only, no reward.. anyone else have this happen?

38 REPLIES 38

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hi there! 

We are currently looking into this issue right now.

In the meantime, would you be able to provide a sample of what the text message says? Please make sure no private information is included. This will help us greatly in investigating the issue. 

Thanks,

Cat 

While I do get these "ghost" referrals on a regular basis, today marks 3 days in a row that I have received at least one.  Today, I received 4 ghosts. Public Mobile corrected things a while ago so that all ghost referrals are removed from the account with 24 hours.  That's fine, but @Catherine_T , I would say that Public Mobile should stop sending customers text messages about this. It may only be a minor annoyance, but it's happening every day now, and most customers would not even know what's going on behind the scenes in their account with the additional and removal of these fake referrals from the account if it weren't for these text messages erroneously being sent by Public Mobile. 

Yes bogus. These phantom referrals show in the $s but no phone # will show. In a day or two it will disappear. Yours does sound like a suspend and then a removal of  it, though. I hope PM will fix as it only creates confusion. 

I have an excel program to track my gains and losses that I check just after renewal time. 

A month or so ago I got a "so sorry, your refer a friend reward will be less as one of your friends has left us" then yesterday got a cha-ching message that I wondered if it might have been from someone letting their plan elapse, and then starting it up again? But I see the same # of phone numbers, so maybe the most recent cha-ching text was indeed bogus...

Here is what the text says

Cha-ching! You've just successfully referred a friend to Public Mobile, way to go! To view your current Rewards, visit https:/xxxxx

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi there! 

We are currently looking into this issue right now.

In the meantime, would you be able to provide a sample of what the text message says? Please make sure no private information is included. This will help us greatly in investigating the issue. 

Thanks,

Cat 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Metal1967 wrote:

Got the successful referral text twice now yet I haven’t referred anyone recently.. the text only, no reward.. anyone else have this happen?

Yes both of our accounts received 2 each. But have since disappeared. 

One account renewed overnight and the other account over a week ago so not sure if it is totally related to a renewal. 

In the referral rewards the $’s showed but a relating phone number did not. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Metal1967 It sounds like the fake referrals have returned. They don't last any more.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Regularly around renewal time

I just ignore it

Also u noticed that the count erroneously goes up by the number of messages, bit it gets corrected overnight.

Looks like they almost have it under control

Need Help? Let's chat.