Did you mean: 

Can you earn money once you get free service through reference

Spade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wonder if you can earn money money you pass 100 referrals

14 REPLIES 14

@Muldersarah7989 wrote:

Yes I can 

Sure, you can earn more rewards that your plan costs, but once you do that what are you going to do with the extra balance.  You could switch to a more expensive plan and buy the occassional add-on but after a certain point, the extra funds will just sit there.  It's not as if you can cash out and request a cash payout.

Muldersarah7989
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes I can 

This was never true (despite the official statement)

@torontokris wrote:

Unless it has changed (I see the other replies) Public mobile has stated you can ONLY earn up to the value of your plan..

"You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Refer-a-Friend-Reward/td-p/411

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I wouldn’t complain you’re getting free service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@torontokris wrote:

@Spade wrote:

Unless it has changed (I see the other replies) Public mobile has stated you can ONLY earn up to the value of your plan..

"You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Refer-a-Friend-Reward/td-p/411

That is the official statement. There are several unofficial things around here.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Spade wrote:

Having extra rewards in excess of plan costs is like toping up early just to make sure the plan renews without forcing AutoPay to run 🙂

On both my plans, I'm currently in extra available balance for my next renewals.

Congrats on 100 refers

Wow

Cat Surprised

Balance would stay on account until it is used

Could always spend extra on add-ons etc

@kelvarnsen wrote:

If your referrals are greater than your monthly bill, can you apply referral credits to add-ons?

Yes, it directly goes to available balance for future use.  

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your referrals are greater than your monthly bill, can you apply referral credits to add-ons?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Rewards only go to available funds. They can not be converted to cash.

Did you get 100 referrals?  Many people actually try to spread referrals among family members since you can't transfer referrals, this way you don't have all your eggs in one basket. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Spade wrote:

@Spade  I could be wrong but there is a limit that the referrals cannot exceed the cost of one's plan.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Spade 

Not sure what you exactly mean.  You can earn as many rewards as you can earn.  If the rewards are more than your plan, then you would have a "free" plan and could earn more funds to your balance for future use.  

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Spade hi no not actual money just funds in your account 

Need Help? Let's chat.