cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can person who referred me see my phone number?

PastaAndCarrots
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

8 REPLIES 8

Sheenau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nope 

@Korth wrote:

But the anonymous referral code system is more easily exploited by hordes of "anonymous" grasping internet opportunists. Which is a bad thing, I think, too easy to earn a buck from a stranger. But it is what it is and Public Mobile seems unconcerned (and I'm certainly not going to strongly advocate against my own beliefs, lol) so if the system gets used and abused by unworthies then it just ain't my problem.

Public Mobile doesn't care about that. The rewards are a very cheap way for Public to get customers. 

I have mixed feelings about the new referral system. 

The unique referral code (and link) for each referrer does preserve some anonymity. Which is a good thing - or at least it never hurts - I'm a strong proponent of anonymity and privacy, although I do often take off my tinfoil hat so I can live in the real world.

It never was an issue for me since I only referred people I know - family, friends, coworkers, etc - people who already have (or who could get) my personal, private, precious phone number anyhow. 

But the anonymous referral code system is more easily exploited by hordes of "anonymous" grasping internet opportunists. Which is a bad thing, I think, too easy to earn a buck from a stranger. But it is what it is and Public Mobile seems unconcerned (and I'm certainly not going to strongly advocate against my own beliefs, lol) so if the system gets used and abused by unworthies then it just ain't my problem.

fredweet2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yeah this new way is much nicer. Its more secure. Def like the new way

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PastaAndCarrots 

PM used to showing the referee's full 10 digits phone number.

But after switching to the referral code system, PM only shows me the last 4 digits of my list of referees.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No just the last few digits of the number 

Need Help? Let's chat.