cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Share Code be changed to another?

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I didn't know about the share code when I started up with Public Mobile. I went to a reseller in a mall and he set everything up. I switched both my wife's phone and my phone over to Public , at that time. The reseller used his own share code and that's how we got our $10.00 off in our second month .The reseller should have actually only set one of our phones up first (mine), and then used my sharing code to to activate my wife's, but now he get $2.00 a month on off his own bill, or one of his friends on both of us.

So can I change my wife's share code to mine now 6 months later?

If not how long do I have to take her phone to and other provider until the resellers link is now longer attached to her phone?

Or if I get a new Public Sim card can I activate it using my share code without having to switch providers?

5 REPLIES 5

@Bullet77 

Nicely done and thwarting a less than scrupulous dealer. I didnt have a referral code when i first signed up and by the time i knew about them i figured it was too late ( 3 weeks which really wasnt.) So supplying the initial one is nice but taking the second instead of giving it to the first activation (yours) is just greedy.

Very easily fixed if your phone number is of no consequence  but a little more effort if you want to keep the phone number. The free 30 day credit certainly makes up for the hassle and expense of porting out and back in again.

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am still here, I ported the phone # over to *!@#$%* Mobile , I will bring it back to Public Mobile on November 5,  and bonus now too, I get her second month free.  If I swapped out the sim Card and changed to email address that would have worked. But she would have lost her  existing phone #.

The only way to keep her existing phone # was to port it over to another carrier.

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice pick up @cdeepaks. How did that one fall through the cracks? 🙂

It sounds like this one got filtered out as potential spam. More than 16 days without a reply doesn't make sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice pick up @cdeepaks. How did that one fall through the cracks? 🙂

@Bullet77 : If you're still around and haven't lost all hope in this place. Or maybe you already figured out to contact the moderators.

The moderators could likely change it over for you (no guarantees...ask real nice). The wifes account ought not to get another $10. But at least you should be able to shift the $1 reward over to you.

Getting another SIM and activating a new account with a new unique email address would work. But then you have a new number. You could port out your wife's number to a temporary provider. Then port it back in to this new account. That would drop her off of the retailer. It would give that account the $10. It would give you the reward. But your account would stay referred by the retailer.

Let us know what if anything has happened since we haven't heard from you in two weeks.

cdeepaks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you get a new SIM card, I believe you can use current account's Referral code and get a new number either your wife or yourself. Afterwards, the monthly referral discounts should flow into your Public Mobile account.

Need Help? Let's chat.