cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I refer to myself for a second line and get referal reward?

Naik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

13 REPLIES 13

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@Naik There are usually promos eg free SIM cards etc at the Public Mobile Booths in mall.. there is also an on going RBC deal $10 off for 6 months.

Naik

Thank you all for replies. I am waiting for some promo to kick in to signup for another number.

@jonfirlotte wrote:

Sure you can!

I seen that you're new around here, so welcome to the Community.

When responding to a message thread, please take a few minutes to see if what you're about type has already been said.  This same answer was provided nearly a week ago.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sure you can!

Yes it has been awhile now since the last $25 / $25 referral promotion as well as the “Second Month Free” or the “$10 credit x 6 months” new customer promos. And sometimes you can snag both!

Terry

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naik Sometimes, you may want to wait for a bit as PM has special promotion during weekend. Canada Day is coming soon. Maybe special referral of $25 on both referer and referee. 

@oneworld, referrals (at this time) use the phone number of a current subscriber at the friend's activation (in-store or online at home), and the phone number is entered at that time.

Hopefully, this won't last too much longer, and a better system will be used to help prevent privacy leaks (phone numbers) of both the referrer and the referee.

oneworld

But then there is that part on the activation screen below where you put in your phone number and it says something funny about not typing in your own number "Nice try though".

So i assume that part is saying that you just can't put in a number like the one you are about to port in ?? (which i know is different than what the OP is asking but am still curious).

Since we are all on this topic, can someone confirm i am understanding this correctly ?

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Keep in mind that you only get the referral bonus as long as the new accounts are active. So you couldn't sign up for 30 new accounts, cancel them after 1 month and still continue to get $30 off your monthly bill.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Naik wrote:

@Naik  Yes you can and don't forget the second line will also get a $10 credit bonus as a result of the referral. Smiley Happy

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naik Yes you can refer yourself.  As long as you have a different email address to use to set up your My Account that's pretty much is all that matters to create a different account.  Then input your current number as the referral number.  

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Naik, yes, there is no restriction to do this.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Naik wrote:

Yes you can, and you can refer yourself for your entire family if you like.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.