cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravo count

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Now that the bravo leaderboard is gone I made a habit of looking at my overall bravo count to just have a running tally in my head of bravos recieved. For a stats girl this is a giant pain in the hip. But whatever...move on I'll use my fingers and toes to count them. Anyways yesterday I noticed I had lost over 100?!! from a few days previous but I had a couple of my threads moved to the lounge (legitimate ones but I'm not up for an argument....) so just figured between mine and a few others it must have been that..... Today i made a note again thinking that seems lower than yesterday.....a few hours in I checked again after looking at my notifications. 32 bravos recieved in the last 24 hours but only 16 more in my overall count. Explanations? Theories? Anyone notice their count going down in the last few days? Since Thursday I've lost 156 bravos. In the last 2 months I recieved about 2000 but my count only reflects 1560. I'm puzzled.....

I realize in the whole grand scheme of things its really unimportant but now that i have to keep track of them since my easy reference is gone its more noticable.....then again a couple hundred bravos could tip the balance in the secret formula between top 1% and top 5% which is where I lie since the #1 and #2 spots are pretty sewn up.

25 REPLIES 25

@Luddite 

Found it! Now to copy and paste. Two solved threads one that still exists and one that got reported by some thing......

Re: Anomalies in bravo accounting

@Luddite 

Great I finally find the answer to my question and i cant award a solution! It only took 8 months or so.....any chance you can move it back now?

Edit: no moving necessary and you don't have the ability to bring things back to life. (As far as I know.....but you are an oracle and all)

@esjliv 

Thanks for reaching out privately.

@HALIMACS 

Thanks for posting publicly as once @ShawnC13  posted in your thread I put 2 and 2 together that my large loss of bravos coincided with the private message from a moderator to cease and desist  posting the porting department ph #.

@darlicious  twinning 😆

@Jb456  Wow were almost twins!  I joined august 21st 2019 and posted sporadically Tue, Wed and Thursdays til after labour day. I also got my first solution on september 1st. I recieved a $2/top 25% community reward for those few days in August and made the top 5% for the september community rewards.

@darlicious 

I started posting August 20th 2019. Had a few posts in Jan 2018 when I joined and my port was stuck.

I know this from my badges.

Screenshot_20200524_031724.jpg

Received my first solution September 1st...ended September in top 1% that was credited October 10th.

@Jb456  I'm almost tempted to watch it TGIGPM to fill my days....who needs organized sport?!!! How do you know your stats from August 2019 unless you only started participating then?

You have 22552 more board views than me but I have read 15525 more pages....interesting. And I've started 64 more topics....seems like you prefer to answer the questions then ask them.

@darlicious

Screenshot_20200524_025542.jpg

Korea Baseball is on 😝

@yanzhiqiang  I'm sure it accounts for some part of the secret formula by no one really knows and it could change every month. I just like to study stats....like I've noticed I've finally kept a consistent slightly over1/1 Bravo to post count where as for my first six months was well below that number with an average 1/2 Bravo to post count meaning I've had to be in the 2/1 range for the past few months. Now I'm going to have to go look at my stats and do the math. See I'm just a little obsessed with stats....made worse by the lack of major league baseball.

@Jb456 wrote:

Since August 2019 when I first started posting I've only given out 1732 Bravo's.

No idea if that's bad, to much, or wtv I just bravo what I like. As Alan_K wrote once in a post. "If you like the post show appreciation by liking it".

August till today is 307 days. Comes to 5.6 (round up) 6 Bravo's a day given.

Screenshot_20200524_023041.jpg

@Jb456 wrote:

Since August 2019 when I first started posting I've only given out 1732 Bravo's.

No idea if that's bad, to much, or wtv I just bravo what I like. As Alan_K wrote once in a post. "If you like the post show appreciation by liking it".

You're free to give bravos for posts that you consider useful.

Recently, the trend has been to bravo anything. Bravos are being given for saying hi to someone or even for posts with incorrect information. This is the type of thing that eliminating the bravo leaderboard aims to stop by de-emphasizing the actual numbers.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

bravo count? is it very important?

@NDesai wrote:

May be Total Bravos = ((Bravos received - Bravos given) + (Bravos received from Oracles) - (Bravos archived)). Who knows what they have it set at after the free for all spree...

That would be an interesting concept if not all bravos were considered equal. Public Mobile is never going to reveal the exact Community reward formula. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous    Hmmmm....for that matter you've only recieved 35 bravos since Thursday morning? That's pretty low for you.....

My production from days of yore is way down. Probably because I'm not so easy with giving them. So oh well.

Funny thing...when I got going here about 2 years ago, and was doing pretty well when out of the blue will13am posted something about recognizing me hitting 1000 bravos. Say what now? Oh. Look at that. 'Course chump change nowadays but it took someone pointing it out to me to become aware of it.

Then I got way too deep into it trying to make sure I kept up the 1% to the detriment of more important things in life.

More recently I just haven't cared enough to change my production depending on where I was on the board.

Now with no board even more so. It's kinda freeing and relaxing not to have it there.

May be Total Bravos = ((Bravos received - Bravos given) + (Bravos received from Oracles) - (Bravos archived)). Who knows what they have it set at after the free for all spree...

@darlicious  Aww shucks I did not even make your screenshot 😓 lol 🤣

My current stats

Screenshot_20200524_020635.jpg

@Anonymous    Hmmmm....for that matter you've only recieved 35 bravos since Thursday morning? That's pretty low for you.....

Here's my bravo count from yesterday and my count from early Thursday morning. 5429/5559Screenshot_20200522-234304.pngScreenshot_20200521-021836.png

@Anonymous   Lol....boy I must have really pissed somebody off!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe somebody got a hate-on for darlicious and de-bravo'd posts of hers that they had bravo'd.

@darlicious that is very weird to have your total Bravo count go down even with posts moved to The Lounge as I believe even those Bravos would increase your total count.  As @Anonymous  has mentioned that moderators were archiving posts and that does decrease the total but last we were told they were still only into threads from 2017 and that was before your time so shouldn't have any effect on your totals.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13  Yes the total bravo count is going down as stated 156 since Thursday and around 400 since April 4th. (As I said my records are a little haphazard.) I haven't done the exact math for the last two months.

Moderator maintenance could explain a few but I'm not in the habit of replying to old threads nor getting bravos for those posts. I've been here less than a year so there can't be that many Threads I've posted in to account for the discrepancy. Threads being moved to lounge wouldn't account for the overall bravo count.

@Anonymous   I don't need to seek glory and/or platitudes my daily community time is about equally split between the main forum, the lounge and private messaging. My participation is pretty permanently in the top 5% I have no need to be obsessed with my ranking but yes im a little obsessed with anomalies in my running stats. I can't help my curiosity. My opinion on lounge moving is well known ( I realize I put this in rewards and should have posted in discussions) and to tell the truth its getting crowded with public mobile related discussion threads and the everything else is getting crowded out. How else are you going to find out the murders is slowly returning to vancouver in the evenings?

@ShawnC13   Boy that's a long post for a simple question.....but yes by my total bravo count and the screenshots of stats I've taken since I first joined. So I have slightly haphazard records of my progress since the beginning.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Discussions? The Lounge?

Anyway...I think I saw something somewhat recently about the mods (not your hated Oracles) doing some archiving. Maybe yours got caught up in that.

Just be here 24/7 refreshing every moment and jumping on everything and you'll be sure to keep up top.

Or...relax...fiddle around a little here and there and let the chips fall where they may. I'm already a little more relaxed. Seeing the bravo count float up some then float down some...oh I'm 4...oh oh now I'm 6. Meh. Done with that. Whatever happens happens

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

Now that the bravo leaderboard is gone I made a habit of looking at my overall bravo count to just have a running tally in my head of bravos recieved. For a stats girl this is a giant pain in the hip. But whatever...move on I'll use my fingers and toes to count them. Anyways yesterday I noticed I had lost over 100?!! from a few days previous but I had a couple of my threads moved to the lounge (legitimate ones but I'm not up for an argument....) so just figured between mine and a few others it must have been that..... Today i made a note again thinking that seems lower than yesterday.....a few hours in I checked again after looking at my notifications. 32 bravos recieved in the last 24 hours but only 16 more in my overall count. Explanations? Theories? Anyone notice their count going down in the last few days? Since Thursday I've lost 156 bravos. In the last 2 months I recieved about 2000 but my count only reflects 1560. I'm puzzled.....

I realize in the whole grand scheme of things its really unimportant but now that i have to keep track of them since my easy reference is gone its more noticable.....then again a couple hundred bravos could tip the balance in the secret formula between top 1% and top 5% which is where I lie since the #1 and #2 spots are pretty sewn up.

@darlicious , what count are you going from?  Yout total Bravos?  I guess that is all we see now so that is all you can use. Is your TOTAL Bravo count going down?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@popping  The badge level was an afterthought. I like surprises so that's a good consequence of the elimination of the bravo leaderboard. But I keep stats on all kinds of stuff so it's just bugging me what's caused the sudden loss...a few who cares but over a 150 in two days is a lot....and weird.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Well I don't have time to figure what is going on...

If PM continues to award community rewards on the evening of the 6th day of each month, it will be a great surprise to us on June 6 evening!

Need Help? Let's chat.