cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking members from commenting and bravo your posts.

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there a feature by which a member may block certain members from commenting and bravo their posts?

24 REPLIES 24

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Psygineer wrote:
@lexi2000 wrote:

well, u are new..i have always paid $25 and they just raised it to $27..another company called and offered $25..absolutely going now becasue of poor service here!

Are you sure you didn't lose a couple of referals or turn off auto-pay? My folks are on the same plan as you and their rates did not change.

@Psygineer FYI, legacy plan holders did get a price increase a while back (in Feb 2018, in fact.  See here for more info:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Effective-February-15th-changes-are-hap... ). This is probably the case for @lexi2000, as they indicated one of their lines is from several years ago.  

EDIT: fixed link, sorry

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Psygineer wrote:
@lexi2000 wrote:

well, u are new..i have always paid $25 and they just raised it to $27..another company called and offered $25..absolutely going now becasue of poor service here!

Are you sure you didn't lose a couple of referals or turn off auto-pay? My folks are on the same plan as you and their rates did not change.

FYI: Customers who joined before Jan 27/15 (aka Legacy) are still elligible to call 611 for tech support and have been hit with several price increases in the last 18 months.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Personally, I would be rather embarrassed to admit not being successful in finding help after a month of searching.  It takes two to tango.  It's incumbent on the customer to find the right service from the right service provider.  This service provider is intended for those who are relatively self sufficient.  I see a round peg with a square hole here.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lexi2000 wrote:

Good bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lexi2000 wrote:

@lexi2000

I'm always astonished. So you've been here for a few years. You seem to be even a legacy customer. Along with you and thousands of other customers merrily going along enjoying the service and the rates...now you have a hiccup and you sign-up here and go ape-sh1t bananas because you can't figure out how to operate the community and that your new iphone doesn't seem to do what you want. Neither are Public Mobiles' problem.

If you could sit back and come back to threads that you posted in and answer questions posed by exceedingly helpful people here then maybe just maybe you could get your sons phone going properly.

Be patient. You've already had some responses in your several other threads. Choose one and keep talking in there.

Psygineer
@lexi2000 wrote:

lexi2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Carld123

@lexi2000 wrote:

this is by far the WORST SITE EVER FOR TRYING TO GET ANSWERS!!!..i have to go on someone elses post to reply because for the life of me, I can't find a POST COMMENTS button...i have been with public for several years...i added my son a couple of years ago...he got a new iphone for xmas and put in the PM SIM card and no longer can IM...i have tried to find out where to get help and for 2 hours now and alot of back pain and frustration, have gotten absolutely no where!!!  I think its time to take my business somewhere else and my sons because if its this frustrating to get anwere, I can't handle it!  also,a few years ago, i made a credit card payment..it was never applied and I couldn't get help with it for over A MONTH..leaving me without a phone for that time!!!  good-by PM..you SUCK!

@lexi2000

Main page..scroll to bottom...click on a subject..ie..getting started...then hit the big" new topic " button..post away..quite simple..but anyhow looks like you have made your decision on PM...Happy new year..

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lexi2000 wrote:

ABSOLUTELY...LESS FOR LESS...!!!NOT IN A GOOD WAY!!!...AND THEIR PRICES ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PROVIDERS..PLUS THEY JUST RAISED THEIR RATES FOR WHAT????!!!! 

Theres been no change to the plan prices since I signed up a month ago and I must say that they have much better deals than my old provider. 

lexi2000

ABSOLUTELY...LESS FOR LESS...!!!NOT IN A GOOD WAY!!!...AND THEIR PRICES ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PROVIDERS..PLUS THEY JUST RAISED THEIR RATES FOR WHAT????!!!! 

lexi2000

this is by far the WORST SITE EVER FOR TRYING TO GET ANSWERS!!!..i have to go on someone elses post to reply because for the life of me, I can't find a POST COMMENTS button...i have been with public for several years...i added my son a couple of years ago...he got a new iphone for xmas and put in the PM SIM card and no longer can IM...i have tried to find out where to get help and for 2 hours now and alot of back pain and frustration, have gotten absolutely no where!!!  I think its time to take my business somewhere else and my sons because if its this frustrating to get anwere, I can't handle it!  also,a few years ago, i made a credit card payment..it was never applied and I couldn't get help with it for over A MONTH..leaving me without a phone for that time!!!  good-by PM..you SUCK!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lexi2000, your other post has been answered.   Please keep in mind that ,for the most part,  everyone here in this community is a Public Mobile customer like you, just trying to help.   Public Mobile has no call centre.   It's part of the business model.   Less for less.

Dunkgirl

@lexi2000 wrote:

I am trying to find out where i can post a question or comment...navigated for an hour now and cant find where to post?  this is by far..the worst site ever to get help on an issue!  think Im ready to go to another!!!  you guys suck royally!  where do I go to post a  question or comment or complaint?  stop making it a career to try to find out!!!!  and don't tell me community..been there and can't find a POST button anywhere and my question was never answered!!!

@lexi2000I will take this as not trolling and help you out.

Click anywhere below to post in the category

Getting Started
New to Public Mobile? Post your questions here.

Paying for your service
Questions related to paying for your service.

Rewards
Ask questions about how you can earn money off your monthly bill.

Self Serve
Trouble navigating Self Serve? Post here.

Plans & Add-Ons
Ask questions about talk, text and data options.

Phones & Hardware
Having issues with your phone? Ask your questions here.

Pioneers
If you joined Public Mobile prior to January 27, 2015, this is a forum that deals with your question...

Retail
Tell us about your in store experiences at retail locations where you’ve purchased Public Mobile vou...

Discussions
A general forum for phone related posts that don’t fit anywhere else.

The Lounge
Want to talk about your interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? It’s all ...

lexi2000

I am trying to find out where i can post a question or comment...navigated for an hour now and cant find where to post?  this is by far..the worst site ever to get help on an issue!  think Im ready to go to another!!!  you guys suck royally!  where do I go to post a  question or comment or complaint?  stop making it a career to try to find out!!!!  and don't tell me community..been there and can't find a POST button anywhere and my question was never answered!!!

Something is strange here

I was pulled into this thread as the OP randomly started bravo-ing posts from years ago

Then I see post history is about ability to block others from bravos (?) and discussing whether Public should discontinue rewards altogether (??)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

No there is not.

Why would you want to censor people?

There is an ignore user feature.  But I believe it just stops your from receiving notifications from that user

My point exactly - why would some members wish to sensor post no matter how silly and repetitious they may appear to them. Why would they not just simply ignore posts that they feel not worth helping or commenting .

Ok I'm confused. You asked a question. Someone entertained an answer. Then you said that was your point. What point? You never made a point.

Signed, Confused.

I can understand not wanting to talk to certain people.  I would say it would just be best to try to ignore people who you don't desire to have a conversation with.

As for preventing someone from bravoing your posts:  Why would someone want that?  The bravos help you earn more community rewards.

mimmo

Maybe because some people think they can game the system by posting unfelpful/unrelated/duplicate posts  so hiding them is the best alternative. 

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

No there is not.

There is an ignore user feature.  But I believe it just stops your from receiving notifications from that user

My point exactly - why would some members wish to sensor post no matter how silly and repetitious they may appear to them. Why would they not just simply ignore posts that they feel not worth helping or commenting .

mimmo

@yiatioxi-ok not sure what point you are trying to make.

Only oracles and mods are able to hide/remove  theads. But they use this option very disparingly.

yiatioxi-ok

@mimmo wrote:

No there is not.

mimmo

@hairbag1 the poster was asking about blocking posts to threads not calls to the phones

@hairbag1 wrote:

Public Mobile doesn't offer number blocking, but most smartphones do. Many smartphones have features allowing you to block calls or texts directly.

lat34hat34

From what I can see, unfortunately no. Even when I go to a person's profile, there is no block option.

If there are people bothering you, I'd contact the mods here and let them know what's going on. I'm sure they can block people on their end. I hope thi helps!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile doesn't offer number blocking, but most smartphones do. Many smartphones have features allowing you to block calls or texts directly.

mimmo

No there is not.

Need Help? Let's chat.