cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Blocking members from commenting and bravo your posts.

Is there a feature by which a member may block certain members from commenting and bravo their posts?

Oracle

Re: Blocking members from commenting and bravo your posts.

No there is not.

Why would you want to censor people?

There is an ignore user feature.  But I believe it just stops your from receiving notifications from that user

Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile doesn't offer number blocking, but most smartphones do. Many smartphones have features allowing you to block calls or texts directly.

From what I can see, unfortunately no. Even when I go to a person's profile, there is no block option.

If there are people bothering you, I'd contact the mods here and let them know what's going on. I'm sure they can block people on their end. I hope thi helps!

Oracle

@hairbag1 the poster was asking about blocking posts to threads not calls to the phones

@hairbag1 wrote:

Public Mobile doesn't offer number blocking, but most smartphones do. Many smartphones have features allowing you to block calls or texts directly.

@mimmo wrote:

No there is not.

There is an ignore user feature.  But I believe it just stops your from receiving notifications from that user

My point exactly - why would some members wish to sensor post no matter how silly and repetitious they may appear to them. Why would they not just simply ignore posts that they feel not worth helping or commenting .

Oracle

@yiatioxi-ok not sure what point you are trying to make.

Only oracles and mods are able to hide/remove  theads. But they use this option very disparingly.

Oracle

Maybe because some people think they can game the system by posting unfelpful/unrelated/duplicate posts  so hiding them is the best alternative. 

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

No there is not.

My point exactly - why would some members wish to sensor post no matter how silly and repetitious they may appear to them. Why would they not just simply ignore posts that they feel not worth helping or commenting .

Highlighted

I can understand not wanting to talk to certain people.  I would say it would just be best to try to ignore people who you don't desire to have a conversation with.

As for preventing someone from bravoing your posts:  Why would someone want that?  The bravos help you earn more community rewards.

Mayor / Maire

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

No there is not.

Ok I'm confused. You asked a question. Someone entertained an answer. Then you said that was your point. What point? You never made a point.

Signed, Confused.